Sewell Silverback Banana Plugs, Dual Screw Lock, 12 Pair (24 Pieces)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 24K gold plating on the Connectors for a lifetime of use, with a crystal clear signal
- Double screws, when properly fastened, are said to be as effective as soldering, but clearly with much less hassle.
- Accepts wire size up to 4mm
- The casing unscrews over the tip, so you don't have to worry about keeping it on the cable when installing. For a hassle-free solution
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
These Silverback banana plugs have the quality you've come to expect from Sewell, including; gold plated connectors, a heavy duty, but light casing, and a tight cable-screw design. What sets these banana plugs apart is its unique 2 screw lock design. This connection will secure your cable more than a single screw, or open screw design. Dual screw connectivity provides a secure connection, durability, and the most crisp and clear signal possible with more signal transmission through contact. Similar to our Pro Maestro banana plug, this easy solder-less installation only requires a small flat head screw driver and four steps. Loosen the screws and feed the speaker cable into the silverback. Lock down the cable with both screws. Screw the banana plug back together. You're finished. All in all you should only need 30 seconds for this entire operation. Today, many electronics use the banana plug interface, also known as binding post (referring to this connection in its female form). This female binding post connection that accepts this banana plug is found commonly on virtually all audio/video receivers, speaker wall plates, and more. Banana plugs offer an alternative to inserting a bare speaker wire into the equipment. Often a bare speaker connection is not as reliable as a guaranteed banana plug connection. Wires tend to get pulled out or frizzy after time passes. Banana plugs require only one install, giving you a permanent and robust connector at the end of your speaker wire.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The quality of the plugs is excellent. What makes them so different to other plugs I have used in the past is threefold:
1) They have double grub screws to attach the cable in the plug......single screws notoriously come loose and I've had to refit single screw plugs many times to my speakers, especially after they have been moved about a bit.
2) The outer casing screws off the plug section completely, making it a piece of cake to wire them, and leaves a very tidy finish to the plug.
3) The actual size of the plug is much larger/fuller than plugs I've had before. In fact they are 50% larger than the ones i just replaced. That doesn't mean they are over-sized, but rather the plugs really have to be pushed firmly into the speaker posts to get them in, meaning the connection must be very very good, and highly unlikely they will ever come out of the posts when moving speakers about.
Brilliant set of plugs for the price.
notice hugh difference in sound quality,but can see benefit of "push in / pull out" connection when changing speakers.
No argument re.quality and value.Fast delivery.
When I need more I would definately buy these again,ive used them for jumper cables to biwire
I used them for my 5.1 surround sound amp where they did a good job.
If I need any more I would definately buy these again
Although I have been unsuccessful in receiving the remaining 6 pairs of banana plugs, Amazon have been very helpful and have discounted me a percentage of the original price.
I shall be avoiding Sewell and their shady practices in the future.
(PS. only tried a few but so far the banana plugs seem to be okay, nothing more)
My only odd querk - is why 6 pairs? For 5.1 setups, you have 5 speakers and a (active) sub (so if your like me you end up with a spare pair). The connectors are solid so you're unlikely to thread them or break any, so having a spare is a little odd! I guess it might be there for those with a passive sub perhaps? but surely most people dont do that do they?
Excellent value, good quality.
I own LINN & Naim HI-Fi and understand the value of good quality connections. I've paid stupid money for them. These Sewell plugs were used in a high quality 5.1 Home Cinema System to connect Dali Speakers to a Denon AV Receiver. They accept thin micro speaker cable such as QED Micro and hold them firmly due to their double grub screws. They accept most major quality speaker cables as you would accept. I use them with QED Silver Anniversary and all is well.
For the money these are very good value. Look no further
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are well-made units which have significantly improved the quality of the sound from the speakers.Published 1 month ago by Ian Bone
Brilliant plugs at a terrific price. Used to provide excellent connectivity with a premium Pioneer AV receiver. I wouldn't hesitate to reorder if I require additional plugs.Published 3 months ago by brigre
High quality. Even came with a screw driver in the shape of one of the plugs... Awesome :)Published 4 months ago by Mark pedley
Good plugs which hold the cable tight with two clamps per plug. Let down by the fact that the sheath doesn't tighten up to the plug very tight and needs tightening every time the... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer