Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 12 May 2015
I love this book simply because it encourages readers to be creative. I have so far made some bags using the ideas given by the authoress. Must say some tips are very useful. A fab book for especially beginners. I love the idea of pinning photos of some nice projects found in the magazines as a strategy to boost ideas and unleash creativity! I give a 5 out of 5 defo!
on 8 November 2012
What a lovely little book! I ummed and ahhed about buying it, because I wasn't sure I needed another sewing book, but I'm so glad I did. It is perfect for my needs, although I'm a confident seamstress, I like the fact it goes back to basics and gives you the building blocks to do more or less as you wish. I also like the fact it is wirebound so it can be opened out properly given that it is a work book. I'm always wanting to make bits and bobs and this will save me starting out from scratch and any time saved is a bonus for me.
on 12 July 2010
The best thing about this book is the clarity - a real beginner could read this without being phased by lots of jargon and be making basic projects within a short space of time.
Some of the projects are variations on a theme but, using Lexie's approach of building a bag by thinking how you want to use it, you can expand on her ideas and make almost anything.
I found her style very inspirational and will definitely have a go at 50% of the projects in this book.
VINE VOICEon 2 April 2010
This book seems to stretch one pattern across most of the book. Yes, the method and instructions are useful and easy to follow if you lack basic knowledge but the rest is just a parade of different fabrics and many of the projects you would just never use in real life!

I had hoped for something more inspiring. This is definitely one for beginners.
on 21 January 2013
I love this book, I bought it for myself 3 yrs ago when I started sewing and have just bought it for my sister who has just started sewing. It's great for people who have not sewn for a while, it goes through different materials, tools you'll need etc the projects in the book are marked from easy, moderate or hard, so cater for new sewers to experienced sewers. I keep going back to this book time and time again, and have made most of the items in it. I would recommend for all sewers.
on 19 May 2017
Good read.
on 25 May 2017
Book was very informative
on 20 February 2014
This is an excellent crafters companion. The instructions are clear and the projects easy to make. It has some very helpful tips
on 9 June 2013
The structure of the design is very clear and easy to follow. This book is an excellent book to develop some new ideas for design bags.
on 27 March 2009
I like to sew and I have done a couple of simple quilts but I've had trouble with books about making bags in the past, because they all seem so complicated! This book is different. It basically starts out with a lot of general tips and tricks for sewing, and explains (very well!) what lots of terms mean, and then goes on to explain the projects in ways like:

"ok, cut a couple of rectangles, here's the size we used, but use a different size if it works for you. Now cut these other rectangles, here's the size we used. Now put them on top of each other in this order, and pin them. Sew them like this, and turn them inside out, and there you go!"

I've simplified that a little...but not by much! No patterns to trace and cut out and pin on and cut around...bliss!!! Today was the first day I really got to play with this book. By the end of the afternoon I have made three tissue pack holders, an eyeglass case and three drawstring bags! It probably only took me a few hours, all told.

There's even a Flickr group for the stuff you make using this book! Very cool.
11 Comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse