Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £4.46 UK delivery
Severin Titanium Electronic Egg Boiler, Black
|Price:||£28.25 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£4.74 (14%)|
- adjustable degree of hardness with electronic cooking control
- on/off switch with pilot light
- plastic housing
- thermal safety cut-out
- non-stick coated hotplate
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Requires water, eggs and electricity. Simple. When making a slice of toast is so simple, why is boiling the perfect egg such a hassle? With the SEVERIN Egg Boiler, just pop your eggs (up to six) in the boiler, set your desired hardness with the time control and off you go. Less wait, no timers, and it uses a lot less energy than bringing a pan to the boil. Designed in Germany, this SEVERIN product is guaranteed with a 2 year warranty.
1x Egg Boiler 1x User Instructions
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Most egg boilers use a measured amount of water and sense when it has boiled dry at which point the buzzer sounds. With a conventional egg boiler, once the water has boiled off, it would be safe to lift out the eggs in the tray using the side mounted handle without being burnt by steam. With the item being reviewed (Severin Titanium) the amount of water is fixed at more than is actually needed to boil the eggs. The 'control' is nothing more fancy than a simple timed buzzer which does not show minutes, but instead indicates soft medium or hard. When the buzzer sounds at the pre-selected setting the water continues to boil, even if you switch the item off first, and you have to put you hand directly into the steam to lift out the eggs - this is DANGEROUS.
2. On the machine I received, even using large eggs taken directly from the fridge the eggs overcook, even on the soft setting. If I cooked smaller eggs, or started with them at room temperature the problem would be worse. Also all other egg boilers measure slightly different amounts of water depending upon the number of eggs being cooked. The Severn does not have this degree of control.
3. The friction on the feet is insufficient to overcome the pressure needed to operate the on/off switch which is a 'push' switch. If you do not steady the device with your other hand when switching the unit on/off it will slide across the work surface, probably spilling boiling water, again this is DANGEROUS
4 The lid is meant to be removable for washing.Read more ›
Glad we bought this. It takes any hassle out of getting your eggs just the way you like them, time after time.
This said, it is a great product giving consistent results with a dial setting to determine the amount of hardness or softness according to preference and I chose to keep it rather than get a refund. As my wife likes boiled eggs most days this takes away the hassle of boiling water in a kettle, then dropping eggs carefully into a pan, then timing carefully.
I have, therefore, given it 5 stars but advised Amazon and the makers of the wrong description and I see it has now been corrected. Sadly I didn't get any compensation or hand-wringing apology!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Extremely dangerous to use as the boiling water usually pour out of it which may cause a mess!Published 1 month ago by Ra'ed Fikayki
Avery good product .eggs are cooked much better than in a saucepan of water.There is less waste of water. I am very pleased with the product. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Nice and easy to use with always delicious results! the only down side is that it is difficult to clean, as the top part doesn't come off and you need to try to keep the power cord... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Sara
Does a really good job and is well constructed so should last a while (unlike many others).Published 12 months ago by Brian Murphy