- Also check our best rated Food Supplement reviews
This item, sold by Amazon, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free One-Day Delivery
- Instant streaming of thousands of films and TV shows
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
Sevenhills Wholefoods Raw Chia Seeds 2kg
|Price:||£9.99 (£5.00 / kg) + £4.49 delivery|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Grown naturally in South America. Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to help retain heat sensitive nutrients
- Eat raw or ground, add to savoury and sweet dishes, drinks, and as an egg replacement in baking
- Supplied in a durable resealable upright pouch to maintain freshness and prevent spillage
- 100% pure, Vegan Society registered, allergen free, gluten free
- Sevenhills Wholefoods products are widely recommended by the press, with Chia Seeds featured in BBC Easy Cook Magazine and recommended by the Be Healthy Now blog as an essential health food not to be without
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Safety WarningNo Warning Applicable
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.
Raw Chia Seeds. Chia is the edible seed sourced from the desert plant 'Salvia hispanica', a member of the mint family grown naturally in South America. Regarded locally as an important food for centuries, chia seeds are believed to have been a staple of the Aztec diet, and is still at the core of local food in Southern Mexico and Guatemala. Sevenhills Wholefoods' chia is grown on small farms in South America. After a long growing season the seeds are harvested by machine, and then cleaned carefully. Interestingly, if soaked in water, chia seeds can absorb about 10-12 times their weight and form a gelatin-like substance.
Recommended use: a versatile food which can be used in a variety of ways. Try in baked goods, sprinkled raw on salads, in smoothies, or drunk with water and lime juice or as an egg replacement in baking. Consume up to 15g per day.
Why buy from Sevenhills Wholefoods? Sevenhills Wholefoods source Superfoods of the highest quality and the best prices. Working closely with local farmers, ensuring local communities can flourish and in turn improving the lives of the farmers and their families. Sevenhills Wholefoods is committed in supporting a variety of charities worldwide.
100% Raw Chia SeedsSee all Product description
Showing 1-8 of 368 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I advise caution when first introducing chia seeds to a diet — they have a big impact. I took the general advice to increase fluid intake but, even so, I suffered from slight headaches for a couple of weeks at first, which I put down to a healing crisis so in a bizarre way, this was a good thing.
At first, only half a teaspoon consumed daily was enough for me to be amazed at the amount of energy I had each day. I'm now having about a teaspoon daily with my muesli. Some people say these seeds should be ground to obtain maximum benefits but I'm not bothering to do so and still find they have made a remarkable difference to my general wellbeing.
- The bag weighed just 2kg, as to be expected.
- There was no fishy/rancid smell.
All good there. Now, if you are new to these, DO NOT ADD THEM TO PROTEIN SHAKES. Do not. Trust me when I say the gel the seeds produce makes it vile, especially if it's chocolate flavoured.
However, add it to squash/fruit juice, leave it for a few minutes, and it's like drinking unset flavoured jelly with little bits in it, and it tastes excellent.