on 10 April 2017
Loved it!
on 1 August 2017
I absolutely love Devious Maids and think it is every inch as good as Desperate Housewives (which I also love). It's tremendous fun - witty, exciting, and keeps you guessing. Of course all the storylines are totally ridiculous but they aren't meant to be anything but. It makes a lot of salient points about race, class and money and how difficult it can be to find your way if you've been born with disadvantages (and, conversely, how easy it is if you're born into money). I would highly recommend.
on 1 September 2015
I loved the show but for reason this is no longer available to watch with my Prime subscription... Do Amazon expect me to pay on top of my existing Amazon Prime subscription?!?
on 7 May 2014
Despite the stereotyping, the script was funny and insightful. Out loud moments of laughter together with satisfying scenes of revenge. The whodunit element was a useful way to tie all of the characters into the storyline convincingly.
on 19 January 2017
As a huge fan of Desperate Housewives and Marc Cherry, I thought I was going to love Devious Maids. I unfortunately didn't. After watching a good few episodes, it became clear that it just wasn't that engaging. Even though all the elements seemed to be there, drama, suspense, good acting etc, that would normally make great viewing, somehow it misses the mark, (for me anyway). I just didn't care or relate to any of the characters and although it wasn't completely boring (it was ok if you have nothing else to watch), I found by the end of season 1, I certainly wouldn't be paying £12 or so for the next season. If it had been on Prime for free, I would probably have watched the other seasons but I wouldn't have been in a rush. I give this review regretably as I wanted to love it and even though it did have some Desperate Housewives traits, it was a bit too silly and jumped around too much to really get my attention and have me gripped. I'm quite baffled that so many Desperate Housewives fans seem to love Devious maids as much.
on 2 May 2014
Literally watched this show on a whim and fell in love! Would recommend this to all of my friends.
Very similar to desperate housewives which I also loved.
on 28 May 2014
What a fantastic series watched the pilot and I was hooked ended up watching first 9 episodes back to back,stayed up all night watching it,funny and some good twists in it. If you liked desperate housewives then you will love this.
on 2 May 2014
A very good series, a definite must see for those into a little mystery. Been watching this all night I think I'm hooked!
on 2 March 2015
Totally hooked after the first episode. A great little comedy with a touch of mystery - nothing too heavy but enough to keep your interest. Good strong female cast.
on 26 October 2014
Love love love this programme......This is such a good series. Acting and script are fantastic. It's brilliantly casted with great choice a rafters.