Platform: PC|Change

on 22 August 2011
I bought this at a Wedding Show. They girls selling it were (paid to be) amazed by it, but when I got it home and tried to use it... aweful! Most of the designs you have to pay extra for - via links. It's very cheap clunky software too - Microsoft Word could do it better. Won't be buying from these guys again.
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2012
I had thought about trying to design my own wedding invites as I wanted something different and I thought this software would be useful for generating ideas and eventually a finished product.

My first issue with this is the packaging it manages to be cheap and ugly looking and the DVD case the software came in was so flimsy that it arrived with a cracked front with the spindle part no lOnger able to hold the disk.

The installation was quite simple and a case of following the install wizard, however it loat points as it immediately tries to push you into registering for other products and it took ages to install on to my computer which is reasonably fast for these things.

Once I opened the programme the instructions were minimalist enough to make Ikea instructions look like War and Peace. The whole userinterface from start screen to template is cheap and nasty looking not to mention incredibly limited it only offers about six equally grotesque and chintzy templates for an option of invite cards, place settings and order of service. It was also very limited in terms of ability to add extra text. I would avoid this at all costs and wouldn't pay any money for it - it's even cheaper looking than the trial software you used to get as freebies with computer magazines in the 90's!

If you want a unique or pretty touch to your wedding stationery I suggest visiting your local Hobbycraft to make your own but don't waste your wedding money on this.
on 27 June 2011
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this Wedding Day software aswell as another CraftArtish software for making Baby related products.

I was expecting just to load a cd, and to start creating. Its not that easy, you need to have an internet connection, then you keep getting directed to a website where you can buy templates, add ons, images and other stuff. The cd just seems like a ploy to rope you in.

In the end I got fed up, deleted it from my computer as I kept getting bothered for update requests. Instead I am happily using Hallmark software, and have created some super cards, inviations for a wedding, baby and loads of other things.

There are much better honest products out there than this one.
VINE VOICEon 2 April 2011
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Overall a good package to make and print invites, cards and a lot of other things with.
Installation was easy from the disc. The program itself is easy to navigate around, with a quick start feature which means you can get straight to designing what you want. There is an awful lot of pictures/graphics that you can insert so its best to have some kind of idea what end result you want, as you can spend a long time viewing the possibilities. If you have basic computer knowledge it is simple click and drop to place and build your card / item.
on 19 February 2013
I bought this to make wedding invites and stationary but there was nothing on it at all. It directs you to a website where you have to BUY them! No rpoblem with seller but this is a waste of money.
on 13 October 2011
Fast delivery, and no problem with seller. Not what I expected, thought there would be more templates, if you find one you like you can not change the colour of it.
on 28 July 2011
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this product purely for the "menus", not for the "Wedding" stationary, as I was organising a 'Come Dine with Me' style of dinner parties with my friends and I thought this might add a WOW factor to the invites and menus.

Slightly disappointed to be honest - there is not much on here that I couldn't do in MS Word, and you have to be aware that you do need internet access and to purchase add-ons to use this software to it's full potential. However, I imagine that for the whole package, for the bride on a budget it might be useful - even with additional costs for purchasing templates etc, it would still work out cheaper than using a Stationary Printer and allows more control over the outcome (for example, my friend paid about £200 purely for her invites, only to discover that she'd put the wrong postcode for the church! Eeek - she's had to spend a fortune re-contacting everyone to let them know... with your personally printed invites, you could easily correct this). If you add on the costs of the 'Save the Date' cards, the menus, the gift lists, the seating plans etc, it all adds up to a good financial saving.

I'm not sure I would use this for my wedding stationary, although perhaps with a good printer and good quality paper I am sure that a really good looking set of wedding stationary could be produced. For the time-pressed couple, it is certainly a lot quicker than creating everything from scratch.

PS: If you're a lucky bride (or groom)-to-be, congratulations! :)
VINE VOICEon 20 June 2011
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I couldn't get this to work at all. It became clear that it would not work without internet access which was not made clear when I ordered it. As I do not have internet access at home I could not get it to work at all as the images and templates were not available.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2011
Platform: PC|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
... This is a very inventive way of saving money for your 'Big Day'. It passes the test in terms of ease of use and there is a number of themes to suit different tastes. The quality, however, looks home-made but this could be part of the charm. My top tip - use photographic paper, it improves the quality of the look...
on 30 July 2015
The item description does not tell you anywhere that the disc has very basic stuff on. It's advertised as wedding day software, and suggests you can make lots of designs using the disc you pay £20 for. In actual fact, you pay for the disc and very basic, not that good content, and then have to set up an online account and pay for additional content online to get the decent stuff. It tells you nowhere in the description that you must have Internet connection to reach all the extra stuff, but having said that, it appears that you get everything with the disc anyway. Not happy that to get the designs I saw in the item photos I have to pay extra money. Was trying to find a cheaper way to get wedding invitations, and loved the idea of designing my own. Now feel like I've been ripped off.

I should add that I've never put a poor review on Amazon as the items I've bought previously have been exactly as described. This is the first thing I've bought which has been so far away from the description that I could have been sent something totally different. Totally disappointed.

See one answered question