Sennheiser RS120 II RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone with UK/Ireland Power Supply
|Price:||£89.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Allows you to listen to your TV, Hi-Fi or radio anywhere in your house or even in your garden, without disturbing others
- Open, on-ear design that is particularly easy to recharge and to store, via its metal cradle
- Wireless freedom with reception through walls and ceilings, up to 80 meters from the base station
- Very lightweight headphones that are extremely comfortable to wear for long periods
- Supplied with rechargeable batteries
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
Panasonic RP-WF950EB-S Wireless Headphones with Surround Sound- Silver
Thomson WHP3001BK Radio UHF Wireless Headphones - Black
Sennheiser RS165 Vibrant Sound Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser HDR 120 Additional RF Wireless On-Ear Headphone (Without Transmitter)
Sennheiser Wireless Open On-Ear Headphones for iPod/iPhone/MP3 Devices - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||K.K. Electronics||liGo||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Colour||Black||Black and Silver||Black||black||black||Black|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over-ear||Over-ear||Over-ear||over-ear||On-ear||On-ear|
|Special Feature||noise cancelling||wireless||wireless||with microphone||wireless||Wireless|
Indications:Please check if the batteries are correctly inserted before charging, also make sure that the headset is sitting on the cradle properly.
Listen to music wirelessly, from up to 300 feet away from the base station. This RF transmitter and rechargeable wireless headphone reproduces rich sound from almost any source and features auto on/off.
Please check if the batteries are correctly inserted before charging, also make sure that the headset is sitting on the cradle properly.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
RF Wireless Headphones
Learn more about the RS120
The RS 120 RF (radio frequency) wireless headphone lets you enjoy sound without the cumbersome cables associated with traditional headphones. This system features a lightweight on-ear headphone that receives sound from a transmitter base when connected to an analog output of any audio source (like a TV, sound system or computer). The sound quality is Sennheiser; detailed and balanced with good clarity and bass response. These lightweight headphones, featuring a padded headband for comfort are ideal for long listening or TV watching sessions.
RS 120 RF Wireless Headphones offer better performance and value. They draw on decades of Sennheiser engineering expertise to ensure focus on sound quality, reliability and durability.
This wireless headphone system comes with an easy to use recharging system. The headphones are powered with NiMH batteries (included). Once installed in the headphone ear cups, the batteries are recharged by simply placing the headphones on the transmitter base. The transmitter also features an automatic on/off circuit. It powers on when the connected audio source is activated without switches or buttons. Five minutes after the audio source is turned off, the transmitter shuts off to conserve power and battery life.
Wireless freedom – Interference free reception for stereo sound through walls, ceilings and outdoors up to 300 feet
Better sound – Open-Aire design delivers detailed, warm sound with strong bass response is ideal for TV and Hi-Fi audio use
More comfort – Lightweight on-ear design ideal for long listen sessions
Easy set up – Transmitter connects directly to any device with analog audio output (RCA jack or headphone out)
Three RF channels – Selector allows you to choose an interference-free channel for clear reception
Easy recharge – Wall mountable transmitter doubles as a charging unit – headphones are recharged when stored on the metal cradle
Long battery life – Supplied AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries provide roughly 20 hours of operation* (*battery performance varies with use and installation environment)
Headphone control – Volume, on/off and tuning control located on the headphone
Did you Know?
Additional headphones can be added to the RS 120 RF wireless system allowing multiple listeners to enjoy the same sound source (model HRD 120 sold separately).
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for anyone wanting an affordable, headphone cable free listening experience.
The RS 120 RF wireless headphone transmitter connects to anything with analog audio outputs. This includes TV’s, audio components, computers, tablets and cell phones that have a 3.5 mm or 6.3 mm headphone socket or RCA audio output jacks. RF wireless is not compatible with Bluetooth technology.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Firstly, I should point out I own multiple wireless headsets, bluetooth, infrared, and radio based as this ones. Some cheap some expensive. All of them however relied on some sort of digital circuitry. Even the RF ones had a digital tuner inside that automatically tuned the headset to the channel selected on the base ( ie, lidl's headset, some Thomson models etc). This model doesn't. This model seems to be 100% analogue. There's a cheap 3 way switch on the station that changes the transmitting channel. And a wheel tuner on the headset ( same as in your very old FM radio that did manual tuning without using a digital screen to write the FM channel). All three channels you choose on the base are within the range of course of the headset.
1. Because of the apparent analogue nature of the hardware there's no noticeable lag, and I believe this is one reason sennheiser went with an analogue design. In this respect they kick Bluetooth and any other form of digital transmission in the butt. It's simply perfect, no lag. ( lag is the delay between the time sound leaves your device and reaches your ear).
2. Very little background noise. Compared to all headsets I ever used the only kind that are better than this are bluetooth, that have no background noise. But suffer the most from lag thus useless for watching movies or video. They are a huge improvement over other RF (non bluetooth) headsets such as the lidl brand, and thomson. I was impressed by how little the background noise was...
3. Charging dock. I don't get the review comments, probably people who didn't own other rechargeable headsets before. This is by far the best charging base I have EVER used. I practically throw on the speakers and they land and start charging. Excellent!. All other brands I ever used either required I plug a usb port in, or were frigidly.
4. Utilizes regular NiMh rechargeable batteries. This means that when rechargeable batteries get old they can get cheaply replaced and if I forget to place them on the charger and they run out of juice, I can just replace spend batteries with charged ones and keep going. I have to say that the 20 pound lidl headset I owned beat this by including a build in rechargeable as well as AAA batteries and either one would work.
Edit: 5. I should had mentioned that this headset has huge range, 2x more than thomson, or lidl brands based on rf technologies, and at least 5-6 times more than bluetooth.
1. The cups. These are on ear not over the ear. Why? Where's the logic in that sennheiser, Get me a couple of over the ear pads please and I'll pay extra for them. They get uncomfortable when used for over 1-2 hours ( I watch primarily movies ).
2. Hassle to tune. I wish they had figured out a better way of tuning the headset. Here's a suggestion if you buy this. Play something on just the right speaker ( change the balance on your computer or tv) then tune the speaker so you hear it the loudest with minimum background noise but only from the right speaker. Then change balance to send both sides. If it works you have tunned correctly and are getting stereo sound. I found that the settings with the least background noise were not in stereo and resulted in lower volume but clearer sound, but if you want stereo follow these directions and you'll get it.
3. Volume and tune dials are too close as others have mentioned, you get used to looking for the top one, but I still think that sennheiser needs to work more on this, eliminate the need to tune somehow.
4. Not as good a construction I would expect for the price. If you sit on this you will break them, even if you are a small person or child. Make sure you don't leave them sitting on the couch.
5. I've owned them for several weeks now, I used the batteries that came with them. I haven't noticed any indication that the batteries are full. Charging led is always on and red when headset on the base. Have the batteries never charged because I use them every night? Or is there no indication of complete charge? Didn't find any information on this in any document included in the box.
6. The biggest surprise to me was how poor the bass and treble was. Multiple reviews mention excellent sound but I find that the sound is excellent for watching movies, ( voice, everyday sounds). but bass and treble especially when listening to rock, metal etc music is very poor. For music thus I switch to my Samsung Bluetooth headset
7. If no audio comes out of your device. After a few minutes the transmitter automatically switches off, and your hear very loud hissing sound. I forgot about this and had the speakers on while movie was paused and it was too loud, I can see people getting injured by getting surprised from the sudden loud noise... Come on Sennheiser, remove the automatic off. Only switch it off when I place the headset on the base. How much energy do you think you are saving? And at the cost of your customer's discomfort, potential ear damage, and potential cause for accident from getting startled from the loud noise.
In conclusion, great headset, by far my favorite ever for watching movies ( ie no lag, minimal background noise) but if you are getting this for listening only to audio and don't care about the synchronization with video then get a Bluetooth headset like the HS3000 that provides EXCELLENT sound and still allows you to use whatever wired headphone you prefer.
Great for listening to the vroom vroom F1 races when others are in bed.
All in all a very good purchase.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews