Sennheiser MM450-X Travel Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones with Kindle Compatibility
|Price:||£254.84 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£45.15 (15%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Connect in CD quality to Bluetooth apt-X enabled devices, such as selected Apple, Creative, Samsung products, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD devices
- NoiseGard 2.0 – advanced Sennheiser active noise cancellation lets users enjoy music in peace
- TalkThrough – one press of a button turns on the external microphone so you can talk to fellow passengers or the flight attendant without removing the headset
- On-ear design with easy headset controls – in one intuitive cluster
- Direct cable option – for use on airplanes, also includes aircraft adaptor, case, wall and USB chargers
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Sennheiser MM450-X Travel Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones with Kindle Compatibility
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Colour||Black||Black and Blue||Black||Black|
|Dimensions||20.1 cm x 19.1 cm||4.7 cm x 20 cm||23.1 cm x 23.3 cm||15.2 cm x 7.6 cm|
|Item Weight||104 g||245 g||340 g||404 g|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
MM 450-X TRAVEL Bluetooth Wireless Headset with Active Noise Cancellation
The MM 450-X offers superior quality sound in a compact, on-ear design with the bonus of active noise cancellation. Imagine complete freedom without the hassle of cables but with full control of your music and calls. This is particularly important when you are travelling and your hands are already full! You can relax, listen to music or take a phone call even when in noisy environments such as airplanes or trains. The closed ear-piece design combined with Sennheiser NoiseGard active noise-cancellation ensures that outside noise is effectively reduced by up to 90%. Plus there is also a handy ‘TalkThrough’ button for clear conversation without removing the headset. What’s more while delivering fantastic sound with any Bluetooth audio device, it also features the CD quality apt-X codec to deliver CD quality audio with any apt-X audio devices.
- Superb noise-cancelling to reduce the drone of background noise
- Simple to pair with any Bluetooth-enabled device
- Very compact, lightweight and foldable design
- Easy management of tracks and calls with on-ear controls and mic
Learn more about the MM 450-X TRAVEL
The MM 450-X was designed as a more compact alternative to larger full-size headsets. You can now experience great quality sound without having the inconvenience of becoming tangled up with your rucksack or when you need to answer your phone. The ear cups are sealed to block out distracting noise and prevent noise leaking out to interrupt others. And there’s even more - you do not have to take off the headset to talk to the flight attendant or fellow passengers as it also features a one-touch ‘Talk Through’ button so you can hold a conversation without removing your headset.
- Sennheiser sound quality – hi-fi headphone drivers ensure superior dynamic range, detail and excellent bass
- CD quality audio – featuring the apt-X codec, the headsets can connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth apt-X enabled devices such as Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD
- NoiseGard - advanced Sennheiser active noise cancellation lets you enjoy your music in peace
- TalkThrough – one press of a button turns on the external microphone so you can hold a conversation without removing the headset
- Simulated surround sound technology – for wider taller sound, with greater clarity and a stronger bass
- Wireless freedom – Bluetooth 2.1 guarantees hands-free convenience without wires and the advanced A2DP profile delivers optimized hi-fi stereo sound
- Blocks outside noise – due to closed on-ear headphone design, no sound leakage
- Invisible high-performance microphone – for clear voice transmission
- Option of connecting a cable – for going wired when you are on a plane or when the 10-hour battery runs out; an airline adapter is included
- Easy headset controls – in one intuitive cluster. Simple call and music control – an in-line remote makes it easy to manage phone calls, to easily play/pause music* and change track* and to change the volume level
- Wearing comfort – padded ear-cushions provide an excellent soft fit, even on long trips
- Folds into a compact bundle for travel and storage - while the headband is metal-reinforced for durability
- Flexible – replace the battery with a spare on long trips – or recharge it via the USB port on your laptop or the supplied lightweight wall charger with different plug fittings for Europe, the USA, the UK and Australia
- Connect everywhere – to mobiles, laptops, MP3 players, or in-flight entertainment systems with an all-in-one headset solution
* Functions are phone and computer dependent
Did you know?
If you hold down the Bluetooth button when connected to an iPhone it activates the Voice Control so you can even select your tracks by name!
The rechargeable battery is removable and should last for two years on average, depending on usage. It is called the BA 370 PX and is easily available as a spare. To fully charge the battery via USB or mains will take about 3 hours. You can then listen to music for a full 10 hours or talk for 20 before having to re-charge.
To hear the full audio potential from your computer or audio device with a USB socket, Sennheiser recommends using the BTD 500 USB (a USB dongle accessory), to ensure the source is apt-X enabled.
Sennheiser recommends this headset for...
... owners of the latest Bluetooth apt-X-enabled phones and laptops, such as more recent MacBooks, selected HTC or Samsung Galaxy music products, who would like to take advantage of their full audio capability. Also perfect for those wanting a high sound and build quality in a more convenient format.
The MM 450-X offers excellent compatibility with all Bluetooth apt-X-enabled mobile smartphone brands and computers.
Meet the Range
MM 450-X TRAVEL
MM 550-X TRAVEL
|Wearing Style||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear‘||Closed Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’|
|Supported Profiles||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X|
|Noise-Cancelling||No||No||Yes||Yes + Surround Sound Function|
|Weight||105 g||179 g||105 g||179 g|
|Charging/Listening/Talk Time||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||As MM400-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours||As MM 500-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours|
|Frequency Response (Headphones)||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz|
|SPL||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB|
|Range||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m|
1 Sennheiser MM450-X TRAVEL Bluetooth headset
USB wall charger for the US,EU,UK and AU
USB Charging Cable
In Flight adapters (3.5mm double mono jack/6.3mm gold adapter plug
Quick set up guide
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Fundamentally these manage to work at being good audiophile headphones, a headset for your phone, and noise suppression devices. If, like me, you have your music on your work phone, you'll understand that generally you have a choice of listening to music through the 99p headset supplied with the phone, or having a separate set of earphones for music (Sennheiser CX-300 in my case) meaning a sudden swap when someone phones.
Firstly as phone headset - works very well. People at the other end report me being much clearer than other headsets, but can pick up a lot of background noise. The voice you hear of your caller is strangely distant, but you soon get used to it. All phone features worked on my HTC Titan Windows Phone 7.5 straight after pairing; no fiddling needed.
Audio headphones - my reference points are some elderly HD590 home hi-fi cans, and CX300 in-ear phones (both from Sennheiser). It would be unrealistic to expect the same punch as the CX300, or the clarity and staging of the HD590, but the MM450 manages to achieve a good balance between the two. Playback is expansive and crisp, although the treble can sometimes get a bit muddled. Bass is tight and controlled on a variety of music from The Who through Machinehead, the KLF, and finally to Jurassic 5.
I should stress that they're extremely unforgiving on low quality tracks - 96kbps sound atrocious, 128k better, 256k is about right. If most of your tunes are low quality, then you're not going to enjoy the experience with these.Read more ›
Now the Bose headset really sets a high standard and I wanted something of a similar sound quality to those, that were just as a capable of noise cancelling to which the Bose are well known for being market leaders at. The sound is ever so crisp on the Bose set as well.
After a lot research, I was set on buying these Sennheisers, because everything about them ticked all of the boxes for my requirements: the size of the unit, price, ease of charging, wireless, case included, simple to fold away and store, lightweight, you can use them as a wired headset too (cable included), and I also liked the controls that are present on the headset (ok and also the flashing blue light! - very gimmicky)
I was a little excited yet nervous when they arrived, the packaging was really professional and well laid out, plus easy to get into which always helps.
I downloaded the electronic manual from the Sennheiser website which I found easier to follow and use, plus I was able to have a little read of it prior to the item arriving which was a great idea.
At first it can be tricky to get your mind around how to set up and use the headphones (different light flashing and button pressing combinations) but once you give it a go you quickly memorise what each function is for and how to get there.
The sound - I'm not a technical person or a pro with these types of reviews but what I can say is that I'm not gutted at all that I didn't spend extra money to get the Bose QC3 for myself.Read more ›
Took these on holiday with me. On the plane they were not mind blowing at noise cancellation but got the job done, the wireless bluetooth feature is priceless in this situation while I was using my phone for music as it takes out the need of having to use a wire, and when you're trying to eat in a cramped economy seat the last thing u need is a wire hanging around.
In fact, I've grown to love the wireless functionality so much that it is now my primary way of listening to music, I'm even wearing them right now. Once your device is paired with the headset, from then on all you do is switch on the Sennheiser MM450 and it will almost instantly connect to your bluetooth device.
You can also skip tracks, pause, make and receive calls, all of which work fantastically. Charging is simple...any microUSB charger will do...though bare in mind bluetooth with noise cancellation will naturally drain much quicker and is something I wouldnt recommend doing.
This brings me onto my second point: the noise cancellation makes the sound quality a lot better. Which is quite annoying when your using it in bluetooth. Im not an audio buff but the change in sound quality is significant, I personally undermined this issue when others complained about it, but if you want the best audio quality but dont mind sacrificing battery life...then keep noise cancellation on.
Regardless of these minor set backs, this headset is very unique and I am very much enjoying my experience with them. It feels so well made and is just so damn light, you wouldn't want to use anything else.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good headphones noice cancelling reasonable bt will mnot shut out all noisiesPublished 14 days ago by Amazon Buyer
I really love these headphones but don't use them with Samsung Galaxy S5 & S6
The pairing process is fairly simple - I have paired them with multiple devices and can... Read more
Very disappointed in the quality of the audio, no bass unless you used the noise cancelling feature.Published 3 months ago by kennylogan
DVD disc wouldn't play in either my computer of my DVD player so I have handbook to refer to.Published 5 months ago by John Carter
These headphones are excellent....comfortable, look good, fold down into a small pouch....perfect for travelling. Sound is impressive, noise cancelling very good.Published 6 months ago by Colin Mustoe
Excellent headphones, having researched carefully, they provided all I wanted and more. Wonderfully presented as always by Sennheiser, they are practical, portable and the sound... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Enid Otun
Look for similar items by category
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Headphones & Earphones > Foldable Headphones
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Headphones & Earphones > Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Headphones & Earphones > Portable Headphones
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Headphones & Earphones > Wireless Headphones
- Electronics & Photo > Mobile Phones & Communication > Accessories > Headsets > Bluetooth Headsets