Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 31 August 2014
I bought these headphones to replace the in-ear headphones I had previously, and I like them. The fitting is a bit odd, the hook at the top of the earplug presses into the "lip" just above your earhole. It is a bit weird at first, but does provide excellent stability when I'm cycling or walking, even for ears like mine that don't work with earphones in general.

The sound quality, for Sennheiser's, is a bit disappointing. Frankly I expected better, but it's not the worst I've heard.

The wire is quite thin, which is a bit disconcerting, but it shows no sign of wear after a few weeks of fairly rigorous use, so I'm not concerned now. The 3.5mm jack at the end is at a right angle, which is a bit old school, but not really detrimental at all.

The headphones include a series of different sized buds for people with smaller or bigger ears, and a little carry bag and sport clip (for attaching the earphones to your t-shirt) is also provided, contrary to other reviews.
on 29 August 2014
Bought for gym use; I'm very pleased with these. They're very light and fit the ear so well, you absolutely can't feel that you're wearing them. Look and feel well made, too. The lead is *just* long enough to leave a bit of slack.

I chose the in-ear rather than flat faced version, but the noise cancelling still isn't great. With other in-ear Sennheisers, I've found that you'll struggle to hear what's going on around you without even turning the music on, but with these I can still occasionally hear the gym's own music when I've got mine on. It's no biggie though; I'm sure some people would like to retain some connection with their surroundings!

In terms of music quality, they offer a good, clear, general range. If you want some headphones for work in a sound studio, these aren't for you, but for general sports use I think they're great.

For me, lose one point on the weak noise cancellation.
on 1 February 2015
I've been through loads of gym headphones over the years. My preference has always been ones with a band as keeping them in when on a treadmill has always proved a challenge otherwise. However, the design of these seems to have that cracked. My test is always to get the treadmill moving to its most noisy, then bang on the White Stripes 'Seven Nation Army' - can I hear the bass? You'd be surprised how many headphones you can't hear anything for the first several bars of that track in the gym. Not an issue with these. Fully clear identifiable bass. Yay. Note, that these block out external noise, so I wouldn't want to go running outside and go crossing roads with them on. For indoors ideal.
on 22 April 2015
I bought these purely because of the uniqueness of the design. I seem to have odd shaped ears and all other in ear type headphones fall out after 30 seconds or so of being used.

This design means that i can place the ear bud in my ear canal and the brace puts pressure on the ear to help hold them in place.

Unfortunately for me, prolonged use of the headphones causes some significant discomfort to my ears because of the pressure required to hold them in place.

Despite the fact that it hurts after a while, they are still the only pair of in-ear headphones that i have found that actually stay in ear.

The sound reproduced by these headphones is good enough to listen to your music and is capable of holding quite high volumes without distortion.

The cable is long enough to be used with a device in your top pocket or in an arm band but depending on your height you may struggle to use them in a trouser pocket. I'm 6' 4" and the cable to just too short, by a couple of inches.

All in all though a good product for the money and well worth the purchase.
on 4 November 2013
Excellent product. Much improved over the previous version (which stopped functioning in one channel in less than two years' use). This version is lighter and more streamlined - but crucially the noise isolation is hugely improved. It is now close to noise cancellation, even in an aircraft. Bought primarily for use in a gym, it is very effective in cutting out the background noise from the piped music on offer (which is frankly not my taste) so that I can listen to the music I really like - from Tedeschi Trucks Band, through Old Crow Medicine Show to Van Morrison, LaVerne Baker and Professor Longhair. The sound quality is crystal clear and again an improvement on the previous version. Whilst it does not of course match Sennheiser's noise cancelling over-ear phones, at £45 against £310 that is not too surprising. For the price this is a superb product and does everything you would hope for - in spades!
on 24 April 2015
I bought these a long long time ago and they still work perfect, best earphones I've ever had
on 6 March 2014
I bought these to run with. I cover a lot of miles and need comfortable and reliable earphones…the kind that don't fall out all of the time.

A month in and Im happy with my choice.
on 23 March 2014
OK but the right ear always falls out with me. Ive not had a problem with any other headphones before. Not the perfect fit I was hoping for
on 6 October 2014
Excellent for the gym!
Very good sound!
on 18 June 2013
I am not a Olympic athlete, but I am fit and I have trialled and broken sports headphones in just about every environment on the planet so when I give this product 5 stars its because I mean it.

The headphones are well built, they are as rugged as can be expected for the size. They hold the ear extremely well (I have no idea how they thought up the in ear mechanism or how it works so well, but bravo). Whilst talking about build, the inside ear component is made of rubber which effectively adds a sweat shield from the speaker part itself from your horrible sweaty head as you pound the asphalt, the downfall of many of my old headphones. Big tick VG for the sweatproof system. There are two different sizes of rubber ear pieces so if you have ears like Hilary Swank then they should still be as good a fit as for people with more conventionally sized ears.

The sound quality is about as good as you can expect for the price, the bass is deep enough, treble is full and not tinny and the mids are balanced well, all in all quite capable of clearly belting Ministry of Sounds latest shameless rehash of classic house anthems.

If you have the ear fidelity of a vampire bat and want crystal clear sound while you are working out then you are probably better off with the over head things that people seem to use in gyms, probably not so good for running though (and those people look pretty humorous too) or get some space age tech from Bose if such things exist, and pay the premium that comes with it. Remember sound quality is pretty much a function of price and £40 or so will not give you the same quality of sound that £300 will, but who wants to spend that much money on a set of grubby headphones that are going to get covered in rain mud and sweat.

The only problem, and it is a double edged thing that comes with making such a good product, is that the headphones hold your ear so well and the rubber in ear piece is so effective that you are very isolated from outside noise which could be dangerous if you are running or cycling in town. I have not found this to be a problem running around parks and forests though.

If like me you have found wrap around back of head designs uncomfortable especially when doing sit ups, wrap around ear headphones rubbish in terms of strength and sound quality, think that over head headphones belong in the study with your hi-fi and the George Michael Careless Whisper LP that you guiltily treasure, and you simply want good robust headphones to use whilst working out then these fit the bill perfectly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this review. Happy working out!