Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Closed, around-ear digital wireless headphones with Kleer's uncompressed audio transmission
- Dynamic bass and surround sound modes, great for movies/home cinema
- Multi-purpose transmitter - also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station
- Multi-receiver transmission - (up to 4 people), no set-up required as plug and play
- Ergonomic and adjustable headband with very soft ear pads for an excellent and secure .Note:please ensure the battery is fully charged before using it.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
Sennheiser RS 160 Over-Ear Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Sennheiser RS185 Uncompressed Sound Wireless Headphones
Sennheiser HDR 160 Additional Wireless Over-Ear Headphones for RS160 (Without Transmitter)
Sennheiser HD 65 Closed Dynamic TV Headphone with Independent Volume Control
Sony EXTRA BASS XB650BT Wireless Over Ear Headphones - Black
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||UHF Digital||UHF Digital||UHF Digital||UHF Digital||Wired||Bluetooth|
|Headphones Form Factor||Over-ear||Over-Ear||over-ear||Over-Ear||Over-Ear||Over-Ear|
|Item Dimensions||22.86 x 17.78 x 23.11 cm||11.18 x 24.89 x 22.86 cm||15 x 23.7 x 29.6 cm||3 x 14 x 18 cm||8 x 17.98 x 22.99 cm||—|
|Item Weight||0.54 kg||295 grams||310 grams||226 grams||272 grams||190 grams|
|Special Feature||wireless||Battery low indication^Volume control^obstruction (32 Ω)||noise cancelling||wireless||noise cancelling||Headphone sensitivity:95 dB; Near Field Communication (NFC); Rechargeable; obstruction (24 Ω)|
Sennheiser RS 170 Wireless Headphones
Enjoy your home cinema to its full potential. This wireless headphone system delivers just the powerful sound audiophile home cinema fans have waited for – with impressive surround sound. A full surround speaker system is the ideal for home cinema, but running it at full-volume isn’t always practical. Also great for playing CDs, FLACs and MP3s.
- Experience big picture sound at home without having to move any furniture
- Let the Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound listening modes dazzle you
- After the show, just put the headphones back on the “easy-charge” cradle of the multi-purpose transmitter
Learn more about the RS 170
Just plug the transmitter into your output device (ie.an amplifier), switch on the wireless headphones and you have created your personal 80 m deep (line of sight) sound zone. Virtual soundscapes built on a powerful bass unfold for you – and for your friends, if you’re generous enough. The transmitter can serve up to four pairs of headphones. A closed-back (sealed) design means that there is no sound leakage and you can isolate yourself from your surroundings.
- Closed, ‘around the ear’ wireless headphones with Kleer's 2.4GHz uncompressed or lossless audio transmission - so the signal you put in is the signal you get out
- Digital transmission means that this system is less susceptible to hiss or interference
- Powerful neodymium magnets for clear and detailed audio reproduction
- Multi-purpose transmitter - also functions as 'easy-charge' cradle and docking station – re-charges using a simple three pin charge point at the top, which connects to three strips inside the headband
- Multi-receiver transmission - up to 4 people listening to the same source
- Optional Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound listening modes
- Ergonomic and adjustable headband for an excellent and secure fit
- Leatherette ear pads and well-padded headband cushions offer outstanding comfort
- No set-up required – just plug and play. No need to manually tune or fiddle with different FM bands
Did you know?
Kleer technology is a serious competitor to Bluetooth in terms of signal reliability, longer battery life and overall sound performance. It is also robust enough to permit multiple listeners from a single source. The difference between the Kleer-powered set and traditional cordless headphones is dramatic. Typical cordless cans broadcast using FM, which has a much lower resolution than CD, and background hiss and interference can also affect the sound.
Proprietory (manufacturers’) or SCART adaptors may be used so that the headphones do not cut the TV sound for others in the same room.
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
...all movie lovers who want a sound from their system as vivid and impressive as Cinemascope – and may also want to keep the peace when listening to loud movies late at night when everyone else is trying to get some sleep. Also ideal for those with mild hearing loss who would prefer to listen to higher volume levels than their TV companions. This is the perfect gift idea for an elderly relative.
The HDR 170 headphones and the TX 170 transmitter can be connected to any line-out jack on home audio devices.
Meet the range
|Wearing Style||Open, supra-aural||Closed, Around-The-Ear Digital Wireless Headphones||Closed, Around-The-Ear Digital Wireless Headphones||Closed, Around-The-Ear Digital Wireless Headphones|
|Functionality||Control elements conveniently positioned to provide easy, intuitive operation||Compact Portable Transmitter with Multi-Receiver Capability To Allow Up To 4 People Can Listen To The Same Audio Source. Digital Volume Control With Mute Function||Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound Listening Modes. Multi-Receiver Transmission - Up To 4 People Can Listen To The Same Audio Source||Automatic Level Control for Optimum Audio Levels. Balance Control for Right/Left Volume Adjustment. Multi-Receiver Transmission|
|Range||100m||20m (Line of Sight)||80m (Line of Sight)||100m (Line of Sight)|
|Transmission||FM with Three selectable RF channels||Kleer Audio's Uncompressed Digital Wireless Audio Transmission. No Set-Up Required – Just Plug and Play||Kleer Audio's Uncompressed Digital Wireless Audio Transmission. No Set-Up Required – Just Plug and Play||Kleer Audio's Uncompressed Digital Wireless Audio Transmission. No Set-Up Required – Just Plug and Play|
|Power||Transmitter with metal cradle for storing and recharging the headphones. (Optional wall mounting of transmitter possible)||2 AAA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Included. Multi-Country Charger||2 AAA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Included. Multi-Purpose Transmitter - Also Functions as 'Easy-Charge' Cradle and Docking Station||2 AAA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries Included. Multi-Purpose Transmitter - Also Functions as 'Easy-Charge' Cradle and Docking Station|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Wireless headphones appealed to me as I always found the cord on my old pair irritating. I wanted them primarily to improve hearing the sound from the TV but also for listening to music too. I would have gone for the RS180's which are open backed and are supposed to sound superior but decided that the closed back 170's were the better option so that my wife can listen normally using the TV's speakers at the same time. If the TV's speakers are playing as well I don't hear an echo unless the TV's sound is turned up.
I've only been using them for 3 days and so far I'm very pleased with my purchase. The sound is very good, they may not be for audiophiles but I'm prepared to accept that they are not the last word in HiFi for the convenience of them being wireless and for the price that I paid. I've not had any problems with interfernce with my wireless internet connection and I can now watch films at a normal volume without relying on the subtitles. I found the range to be more than adequate and have been able to go anywhere in my house except near the window of the room furthest away. The actual stand is locate behind my LCD TV and I'm able to pick up a signal in my kitchen despite there being a wall and a large American Fridge Freeze in between and I can also go outside for about 20' before they start to cut out.
It was a little disconcerting, especially when I first used them when watching tv because the sound appears to be coming from inside one's head rather than the direction of the TV, maybe open ones would be better in that resepct, but I'm getting used to that.
I'm finding the button controls okay but once they're set up I rarely need to touch them anyway.
It would be useful to me if they had the option of using them corded to as I could then use them with another TV in a different room or with my laptop. If they had this feature and they were of an audiophile quality then I would have given them 5 stars.
Overall I can recommend them and I'm hearing a lot more things than I used to when I relied on the TV's speakers.
Update : 11-4-2011 : I've since found that I can now go to the end of my garden, a distance of about 70', providing I turn my head so that the headband is aligned with the direction of the transmitter. Not particularly convenient I know but it does help to extend the range.
Further update 30-5-2011: After 6 months use the sound quality seems to have improved a lot and they sound brilliant and are definetely one of my better buys. I'm at this moment listening to Planet Rock and can definetely recommend them.
People have said in reviews that sometimes the sound dissappears, however if you point the charger to where you are you do not lose the signal. I can sit in the garden about 40 to 50 metres away from the charger with no loss of sound.
The only problem is once you have them on you will not hear the door, mobile phone, kids screaming or the wife nagging.
Worth every penny!
For the price of $280, I have to admit that it was a hard decision to make. However, I've finally made up my mind to purchase it, and I am glad I did. Since it is wireless, my biggest concern is the sound quality and the static, which is the most complaint on other products.
- The sound quality is digital and excellent compared to my AKG K240 Studio Professional wired headphone. Thanks to the crystal-clear CD sound quality of the Kleer Audio Technology.
- I've noticed that some of the side conversations or background sounds are now clearly stand out and noticeable to me. For i.e., the conversation between the coach and the ice-skating athlete before getting into the ring while the introduction is announced loudly.
- The ear pads are extremely thick and soft. It's much more comfortable for long hour wear than my AKG K240. I will not wear it for in-home workout dues to the sweat level.
- I have no problem to walk around my over 3,000 sq/ft house without losing the content conversation of my movie. However, it lost connection when I stepped out of my front yard because there are two walls in between and the closed front door behind (There are only about 50 feet away from the transmitter). The distance range specifies on the product specifications is referring to "line-of-sight". You go figure!
- What I like about this Kleer Audio Technology is that the sound just got cut off from the headphone without any white noises. And it will pick up the audio again when I am back into its range or line-of-sight.
- Now, with my wireless headphone on, I can tuning up my volume a bit louder, and my wife still can join me with her low tuned volume TV speaker. I've learned from other reviews that some TV brands may disable the speakers while the headphone is plugged in. Both my Samsung and Sony TV allow me to share movie with my wife on the speakers.
- It's a very smart design to have the volume of the headphone tuned back down each time it got powered on again. The purpose is to prevent us in accidentally exposing to the loud noise if by any chance the headphone was tuned to max. It does not bother me since I have to adjust my volume on each movie anyway.
- I have not experience the echo on the sound delay. Maybe the TV speakers are being tuned too loud, I guess?
I initially was thinking about getting the RS160 model or waiting for promotion. After about two weeks of on-and-off researching, I accidentally tumbled onto the Amazon UK site, which has this RS170 model on sales for £149. Amazon Global Priority shipping is inclusive in the price. I'm amazed that it took them only 3 days to deliver my order. Good job Amazon!
If you're care about quality, you won't be regret with this Sennheiser RS model wireless headphone.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews