Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £8.00 UK delivery
Sennheiser PX 200-II Foldable Closed Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
|Price:||£68.23 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£1.76 (3%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Closed design, blocks outside noise, enhances bass and does not disturb anyone around you
- Steel reinforced headband for durability and strength
- Integrated volume control for so you can adjust the sound levels without reaching for the player
- Fold and flip design allows the ear cups to be turned 90° and the headphones folded towards the headband
- Supplied with handy soft carry case for storage and transport
There is a newer model of this item:
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Sennheiser PX 200-II Foldable Closed Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Devices||—||iPod touch (2nd), iPod classic, iPod nano (4th/5th), iPod shuffle (3rd), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Mac Pro^Telephone||TV||Samsung Galaxy, LG, HTC, Sony, iPhone/iPad/iPod|
|Headphones Form Factor||On-Ear||On-Ear||Over-Ear||On-Ear|
|Item Dimensions||20.07 x 4.83 x 9.91 cm||19.3 x 5.51 x 18.29 cm||8 x 17.98 x 22.99 cm||9.6 x 19 x 20 cm|
|Special Feature||Headphone sensitivity:115 dB^obstruction (32 Ω)||Volume Control||noise cancelling||Volume Control|
Style: Headphones | Colour: Black
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
PX 200-II Portable Headphone
A musical all-rounder which lets you enjoy your personal favorites ‘anytime and anywhere’ on your portable player or phone. Every detail has been attended to. These lightweight foldable headphones produce a warm, natural sound with a resounding bass and have won multiple awards. The closed-back design helps seal out background distractions to allow you to more fully immerse yourself in your music, while ensuring that there is no noise leakage to annoy fellow companions or commuters. Available in smart black or cool white.
- Amazingly powerful sound for their small size
- Unique, simple and sturdy fold-up design for easy and safe transportation
- Closed-backed (sealed) ear cups block sound both ways
Learn more about the PX 200-II
No matter where you enjoy listening to your music these headphones will provide hours of pleasure without any form of listener fatigue. The sound is well-balanced, detailed and refined with a wide soundstage that does not allow your music to feel ‘closed-in’. Enjoy your music without being disturbed or disturbing others.
- High quality sound in a lightweight and travel friendly design - for every type of music
- Closed-backed – blocks out your environment for maximum enjoyment of your music
- Comfortable design - with lightweight materials, soft foam ear pads and headband padding
- Robust materials ensure a long lifespan including a metal-hinged headband - for added strength
- Handy volume adjuster built into the cable
- Single-sided cable to prevent tangling
- Supplied with soft vinyl bag - for storage and protection
- 2-year warranty
Did you know?
These headphones are a refinement of the extremely popular award-winning classic PX 200 - with a tougher, more durable headband and a single-sided cable to prevent tangling when folding. Also features slightly larger ear pads to improve sealing. ‘Burning in’ is a must (24 +), as with all hi-fi. As ambient noise is sealed out, you can also listen at lower volumes.
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
All kinds of music from bass-heavy rock to R&B to hip-hop, folk and classical. For anyone looking for a new pair of headphones that are comfortable, portable and affordable – with full-bodied sound from a design that is practical and built-to-last.
This headphone is compatible with any device with a 3.5mm headphone socket for audio, including MP3,iPod, iPhone (iPod and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the US and other countries).
The PX 200-II is covered by a 2-year warranty. Sennheiser’s worldwide service network will provide swift and smooth handling of any case of warranty that might occur. Strict German build quality standards.
Sennheiser is the brand of choice for many high-profile recording artists and live sound engineers, delivering the ultimate audio experience to people who crave true-to-life sound. For over 65 years, Sennheiser has applied its in-depth audio research to the development of premium headphones, microphones and headsets. Every Sennheiser product endures rigorous quality control tests to ensure you receive durable, great-sounding headphones that will withstand daily use in a variety of environments.
|Meet the range||PX 100-II - Available in Black or White||PX 200-II - Available in Black or White|
|Type||On-Ear Foldable Mini Headphone||On-Ear Foldable Mini Headphone|
|Frequency Response||15 – 27,000Hz||15 – 27,000Hz|
|Acoustic Design||Open Acoustics for Natural Sound||Closed Acoustics Block Outside Sound|
|Impedance||32 Ohms||32 Ohms|
|Cable Length||1.2m Single Sided Cable||1.2m Single Sided Cable|
|Connector Plugs||3.5mm Straight Plug||3.5mm Straight Plug|
|Weight||Approx. 74g||Approx. 88g|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It's taken three goes to actually receive these headphones, which were replacements for my Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black Mark 1 models that finally died in a freak tea accident. Time has passed, therefore, so I can't do a live A/B comparison, but I have a good aural memory of the characteristics of the old phones, and I have to say these are streets better. I'm really impressed.
Yes, like most good audio equipment, the sound definitely fills out as they 'burn in', but they really aren't *that* bad straight out of the box, and the main burn in difference occurs quite quickly - about 24-48 hours, I'd say. I bought them to use on the streets of London where the PX200 Mark 1s did a good enough job of cutting out a lot of the background noise. The Koss PortaPro - High Quality Sound Stereophone I bought while waiting for this order to be fulfilled are stunning for the price, but proved somewhat impractical in noisy environments due to their open design. These Mark 2s are just right. I even considered spending the extra on active noise reduction models, but am actually glad I didn't, as these are just fine.
Better even than the Mark 1s; the earpads are very comfy. It might be just the size of my ears, but I put them on and they felt made for me. Immediate fit, and almost unnoticeable on extended wear.
As for the sound, I'm presently using them straight from my Macbook playing back 320k Mp3s, and I'm blown away. Extended bass but no upperbass boom, articulate and definite midrange without being shouty, crisp upper frequencies which are getting sweeter the more I use the phones. I'm very susceptible to fatigue if the HF is strident or even slightly harsh, and I could happily listen to these all day. The overall effect is of lightweight portable reference headphones.
In fact the best comparison I can make is that they feel like a portable version of my Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM monitor headphones, which is praise indeed, given that they are something like three times the price of the PXs.
Any negatives? Well I'm in total agreement about the lead. I loathe these pointless volume pots that do nothing useful and serve only to degrade the signal path. And even if you wanted to clip it to something and use it, it's in the wrong place on the cable - there's far too little cable between the control and the minijack plug for you to put your Mp3 player in a suitable pocket. It's just a pointless carbuncle designed to drag and snag on things on an otherwise lightweight cable. If I could cut it off I would. I can't imagine anyone spending £50 on portable headphones needing it.
However, the sound is still so good for the price, and they're so comfortable and foldably compact and well built that I have to give them a five star rating. It's been a long, long wait, but I'm very happy.
*EDIT* - 4 months on, and that volume pot is already beginning to crackle. It has enabled the cable to snag on almost everything in ways that almost defy physics. Really, really terrible design. The sound of the headphones just gets better and better, but for how much longer before the lead or volume pot stops working..?
*EDIT 2* - To answer the above question, almost exactly 13 months from purchase one channel suddenly stopped working altogether. I spoke to Amazon who told me that since more than a year had passed they couldn't replace them, but the 2 year warranty meant that Sennheiser would. I did try to follow up on that, but found Sennheiser's site and procedures so opaque that I got nowhere with it. £50 for a year's moderate use is *not* good value, and it seems others have had the same experience. A great shame as they were good sounding headphones, and it's put me off buying from Sennheiser again. I bought Crossfade M-80 Shadow On-Ear Headphones instead, and these sound amazing and are built like a tank. Yes, they're more expensive, but I recommend checking them out if you want your headphones to last more than a year or so.
I've revised my rating of the PX200s down from 5 stars to 2. Sennheiser should be recalling this product and fixing it or replacing it with a better design, not blithely continuing to sell it knowing there's a serious design fault.
- My main worry, the sound leak, is no longer there. The thick cushions (significantly thicker than its predecessor, the px200) do a perfect job in preventing noise leakages ,and thus, I can enjoy my cheesy music to my heart's content without wierd glances from others on the go.
- Improved sound quality compared to the px100-II. After 8- 10 hours of burning in, the pair began to show its true potential. The px200-IIi does not lean on the heavy bass side like the px100-II, however that does not mean that it can't handle bass-demanding music genres like rock and hip-hop. It offers clearer, crisper and warmer sound compared to that of the px100-II and the music now fells much "fuller" than it used to be without leaving you being overwhelmed by the sometime-stronger-than-necessary bass level of the px100-II.
- Robust build quality despite being very light weight. If you're a fan of the sennheiser px franchise then this should go without saying,although it is still an undeniable merit compared to some 140 GBP+ pairs that can easily snap merely by putting on once or twice.
- The smart remote and mic are absolutely icing on the cake. They are completely compatible with my iphone and ipod touch. Also, the mic provides significantly better conversation qualities compared to the iphone's original headphones.
- Although the cushions are excellent in blocking your music, they don't do the same with the external noises, so you will still suffer in noisy environments like the underground for example.Still, unlike the px100-II, you can still hear your music properly, so your best bet might just be turning the music a bit louder to suppress them.
- The thicker cushions also come with stronger grip on your ears, making the first few attempts of using it a bit painful before you get used to it.
- The middle button of the smart control (play/talk/forward song/ stop/ etc...) is significantly shallower than the adjacent volume control ones, therefore is really hard to press properly.
Sennheiser has pulled it off, again with the px200-IIi. They are definitely not a brand which skyrocket their prices only by wagering their name on it. Thus, you truly get what you pay for. If you're not some audiophile, not willing to pay hundreds of quid to not be sure whether it is even worth paying that much and only want to casually enjoy good music, the px200-IIi without a doubt is for you.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
rucksack and are extremely comfortable in use.Read more
Look for similar items by category
- Computers & Accessories > Accessories > Tablet Accessories
- Computers & Accessories > Webcams & VoIP Equipment
- Electronics & Photo > Accessories > Home Audio & Video Accessories > Headphones & Earphones > Portable Headphones
- Electronics & Photo > Mobile Phones & Communication > Accessories > Headsets > Wired Headsets