- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 20.1 x 9.9 cm ; 86 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 91 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: PX 200-II i
- ASIN: B003WV7890
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 19 Aug. 2010
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (238 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Click here for information about recycling electrical and electronic products
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
Sennheiser PX 200-II i Dynamic Closed On-Ear Headset with Smart Remote and Mic to Control iPhone
|Price:||£78.78 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£1.21 (2%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Smart remote with mic to control iPhones and other Apple devices
- Closed design, blocks outside noise, enhances bass and does not disturb anyone around you
- Steel reinforced headband for durability and strength
- Integrated volume control for so you can adjust the sound levels without reaching for the player
- Fold and flip design allows the ear cups to be turned 90° and the headphones folded towards the headband
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Style Name: Smart Remote and Mic | Colour Name: Black
PX 200-IIi Portable Headset for Apple Devices
A musical all-rounder which lets you enjoy your personal favorites ‘anytime and anywhere’ on your portable player or phone. Every detail has been attended to. This lightweight foldable headset produces a warm, natural sound with a resounding bass and has won multiple awards. The closed-back design helps seal out background distractions to allow you to more fully immerse yourself in your music, while ensuring that there is no noise leakage to annoy fellow companions or commuters. Available in smart black or cool white. A smart remote and mic ensure easy management of tracks and calls with all Apple devices*.
- Amazingly powerful sound for their small size
- Simple and sturdy fold-up design for easy and safe transportation
- Closed-backed (sealed) ear cups block sound both ways
Learn more about the PX 200-Iii
No matter where you enjoy listening to your music this headset will provide hours of pleasure without any form of listener fatigue. The sound is well-balanced, detailed and refined with a wide soundstage that does not allow your music to feel ‘closed-in’. Enjoy your music without being disturbed or disturbing others.
- High quality sound in a lightweight and travel friendly design – for every type of music
- Closed-backed – blocks out your environment for maximum enjoyment of your music
- Full control of your music and calls from the smart remote
- Comfortable design – with lightweight materials, soft foam ear pads and headband padding
- Robust materials ensure a long lifespan including a metal-hinged headband - for added strength
- Handy volume adjuster built into the cable
- Single-sided cable to prevent tangling
- Supplied with soft vinyl bag – for storage and protection
- Audio is supported by most other sources with a 3.5 mm jack such as MP3 and CD players etc. Full functionality* with iPad, iPod, iPhone and some functions may be limited on other makes of mobile phone (iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.)
- Global support for quick replacements
Did you know?
Sennheiser recommends this headphone for...
All kinds of music from bass-heavy rock to R&B to hip-hop, folk and classical. For anyone looking for a new headset that is comfortable, portable and affordable – with full-bodied sound from a design that is practical and built-to-last.
*The remote and microphone are supported by iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th generation), iPod classic, iPod nano (4th, 5th and 6th generation), iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and Macbook, Macbook Pro and Mac Pro (2009 and later). Voice Control is supported by the iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th generation), iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. (iPhone, iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc). Also MP3 players, CD players, laptops etc.
Meet the range of on-ear headsets:
|Wearing Style||On-Ear Foldable Mini Headset||On-Ear Foldable Mini Headset|
|Frequency Responsebr>(Headphones)||15 - 27,000 Hz||15 - 27,000 Hz|
|Frequency Response |
|80 – 15,000 Hz||80 – 15,000 Hz|
|Acoustic Design||Open Acoustics for Natural Sound||Closed Acoustics Block Outside Noise|
|Impedance (Ohms)||32 Ohms||32 Ohms|
|Cable Length||1.2 m Single Sided Cable||1.2 m Single Sided Cable|
|Jack Plug||3.5mm, Straight||3.5mm, Straight|
|Weight (Approx.)||74 g||88 g|
|Accessories||Storage Pouch||Storage Pouch|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
- My main worry, the sound leak, is no longer there. The thick cushions (significantly thicker than its predecessor, the px200) do a perfect job in preventing noise leakages ,and thus, I can enjoy my cheesy music to my heart's content without wierd glances from others on the go.
- Improved sound quality compared to the px100-II. After 8- 10 hours of burning in, the pair began to show its true potential. The px200-IIi does not lean on the heavy bass side like the px100-II, however that does not mean that it can't handle bass-demanding music genres like rock and hip-hop. It offers clearer, crisper and warmer sound compared to that of the px100-II and the music now fells much "fuller" than it used to be without leaving you being overwhelmed by the sometime-stronger-than-necessary bass level of the px100-II.
- Robust build quality despite being very light weight. If you're a fan of the sennheiser px franchise then this should go without saying,although it is still an undeniable merit compared to some 140 GBP+ pairs that can easily snap merely by putting on once or twice.
- The smart remote and mic are absolutely icing on the cake. They are completely compatible with my iphone and ipod touch. Also, the mic provides significantly better conversation qualities compared to the iphone's original headphones.Read more ›
Whilst the sound quality is amazing and can cope with my bass heavy music, with minimum bleed, both pairs have experienced the plastic coming away where the main cable meets the jack plug. This exposes the cable and before I have even had time to find gaffer tape to bandage the problem I have lost sound in one ear. Incredibly annoying. The leather headphone finishing around the earpieces also has a tendency to wear away.
For this reason, and the fact that due to this issue they only lasted a year of moderate use, I am only giving them 3 stars.
In essence, buy these headphones if you are wanting good sound at a reasonable price but do not mind replacing them after a year.
It's taken three goes to actually receive these headphones, which were replacements for my Sennheiser PX200 Black Closed Mini Headphone Black Mark 1 models that finally died in a freak tea accident. Time has passed, therefore, so I can't do a live A/B comparison, but I have a good aural memory of the characteristics of the old phones, and I have to say these are streets better. I'm really impressed.
Yes, like most good audio equipment, the sound definitely fills out as they 'burn in', but they really aren't *that* bad straight out of the box, and the main burn in difference occurs quite quickly - about 24-48 hours, I'd say. I bought them to use on the streets of London where the PX200 Mark 1s did a good enough job of cutting out a lot of the background noise. The Koss PortaPro - High Quality Sound Stereophone I bought while waiting for this order to be fulfilled are stunning for the price, but proved somewhat impractical in noisy environments due to their open design. These Mark 2s are just right. I even considered spending the extra on active noise reduction models, but am actually glad I didn't, as these are just fine.
Better even than the Mark 1s; the earpads are very comfy. It might be just the size of my ears, but I put them on and they felt made for me. Immediate fit, and almost unnoticeable on extended wear.Read more ›
The character of the sound is confirmed listening to a pair of Grado SR60s. Listening to a pair of PX200 originals, the new model is sturdier, heavier and classier looking, has more bass and better clarity but then the originals are 3-4* phones IMHO. Sennheiser MX300-II isolating in-ear buds sound more dynamic, fuller in the bass and brighter, while the PX200-II's show them up to be harsh in the top end, and indistinct in the bass. The PX200-II bass is "tight". Note the PX100-I or II are open backed - look at these if you don't need sound isolation. The 200's are not an upgrade over the 100's.
Listening on an iPod nano 3G they sound well matched overall (surprise) with good dynamics tho you'll be tempted to use EQ-Bass Boost. With a Samsung P3 they sound very good, but you'll still be using Bass+1 and probably Clarity+1 sound engine settings; bass is too light otherwise. On a Sony S639F (good sounding player) the sound balance is almost right like on the iPod nano and on a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone W910i they sound good and well balanced with no equalizer adjustment. CD/purist pre-amp playback has the P3 character - the PX200-II sound bass light (no tone controls).
Pet hate: the volume control is a stupid addition on a snag free lead. It only serves to get in the way and degrade the sound. Marketing people triumphed - Sennheiser audio engineers should lock them away for the Mark III.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It has taken a long time to find a replacement for my old, large 1980's Sennheisers 222's. They take up no room in my
rucksack and are extremely comfortable in use. Read more
These headphones are smaller than I expected but are very comfortable when being used,the sound is good and clear, overall a good buy.Published 4 months ago by Gman
Sounds quality is good, but the over ear speakers don't sit as comfortable as expected when wearing for long durations.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Amazing quality headphones. I work with music everyday and these more than satisfy my needs and expectations for small cans. The price is also amazing for the quality of sounds. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Kavi Amalakumar
Decent sounding headphones. Tonally balanced and smooth sounding. Typical sennheiser's. Bass is defined and not overly consuming. Highs are smooth rather than sharp. Read morePublished 7 months ago by TYRONE PARKER
Fabulous product!! Bought for teenage son at Christmas.......he loves them.Published 9 months ago by susan phillipson
The first manufacturer to provide decent portable headphones with a fair sound quality. I'm on my 4th pair of PX's. Why? Read morePublished 9 months ago by DCM
Sound and build quality is very good, Marked at 4 Stars due to pricePublished 9 months ago by D. L. Leader