Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Sennheiser PC 8 USB Internet Telephony On-Ear Headset - Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Noise cancelling clarity, due to a noise cancelling microphone, your voice is easily understood without you having to shout
- USB plug and play, simply plug into your PC or Mac USB port and start phoning over the net
- Stereo sound, Sennheiser quality that is ideal for a range of applications such as music and gaming
- Light and comfortable with the lightweight headband, it's easy to forget you are even wearing a headset
- Easy volume control, the in-line volume/mute control lets you make quick adjustments without fiddling with your computer settings
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customer Package Type: Standard Packaging
PC 8 USB Internet Telephony Headset
Now it’s really easy to talk to your friends, family and colleagues over the net. The PC 8 USB headset delivers quality stereo sound, easy USB connectivity and a clear noise cancelling microphone to match.
- Connect easily to your PC or Mac via USB
- Enjoy quality sound with every internet conversation
- Easily regulate the volume and mute from the headset
Learn more about the PC 8 USB
The noise cancelling microphone filters out background noise, so you can Skype with friends around the world and be confident that they can hear you loud and clear. Add to this the comfortable headband and easy USB plug & play, and you have a good quality internet telephony accessory that you won’t ever want to do without.
- Noise cancelling clarity with the noise cancelling microphone, your voice is easily understood without the need to shout
- USB plug & play simply plug into your PC or Mac USB port and start calling over the net
- Double-sided design ideal for easy listening during conversations, it also helps you to focus, stopping you becoming distracted by background noise
- Light and comfortable with the lightweight headband, it’s easy to forget you are even wearing a headset
- Handy volume control the in-line volume/mute control lets you make quick adjustments without fiddling with your computer settings
Did you know?
Never have to fiddle with your computer’s sound settings again. The PC 8 USB features a volume and mute control switch that is built into the headset’s cable.
Sennheiser recommends this headset for...
Internet telephony users who want a super-easy and comfortable stereo headset.
This headset is compatible with any PC or Mac – whether a laptop or desktop.
Sennheiser is the brand of choice for many high-profile recording artists and live sound engineers, delivering the ultimate audio experience to people who crave true-to-life sound. For over 65 years, Sennheiser has applied its in-depth audio research to the development of premium headphones, microphones and headsets. Every Sennheiser product endures rigorous quality control tests to ensure you receive durable, great-sounding headphones that will withstand daily use in a variety of environments.
Meet the Range
Meet the Range
PC 3 CHAT
PC 8 USB
PC 36 CALL CONTROL
|Perfect For||VoIP & Multimedia||VoIP & Multimedia||Multimedia||Multimedia|
|Connectors||2 x 3.5mm||USB Sound Card||2 x 3.5mm||USB Sound Card|
|Wearing Style||Double-Sided Headband||Double-Sided Headband||Double-Sided Headband||Double-Sided Headband|
|Frequency Response||42 - 17,000 Hz||42 - 17,000 Hz||40 - 18,000 Hz||40 - 18,000 Hz|
|Acoustic Design||Open Acoustics For Natural Sound||Open Acoustics For Natural Sound||Open Acoustics For Natural Sound||Open Acoustics For Natural Sound|
|Microphone Type||Noise Cancelling||Noise Cancelling||Noise Cancelling||Noise Cancelling|
|Software||No||No||No||Free HeadSetup Software For Easier Control Of Your PC’s Softphone From The Headset|
|Weight||77 g||84 g||90 g||100 g|
|Warranty||2 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
1 x Sennheiser PC 8 USB Headset
Customers also shopped for
305 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
HOWEVER - I've had two of these headsets and recording with them is not ideal. There is a high-htz 'squirrel' that seems to be pulled in. Both headsets have had this issue on different devices using different software to record.
ITs quite high htz- so you ahve to have good hearing to hear it - and audio cleaning software will solve it probably - but its a constant annoyance I could do without.
This isn't the intended purpose of the headset and it doesnt happen on compressed audio format i.e. skype calls etc.
No problems with build quality, although the plastic is unlovely and the cushioning is not exactly luxurious (if you were wearing it all day I'd be tempted to splash out on a more comfortable model). But it feels quite robust.
Plugging it in made it appear instantly as an audio device for playback and recording so everything looked good.
However, the problems began when I tested the voice recording -- there was a loud high-pitched whine clearly audible at all times. (Analysis with Audacity showed this was at 4kHz). I tried plugging it into the rear USB ports, the front USB ports and even the (wired) keyboard USB port, but the whine was there all the time.
I was on the point of sending the heeadset back as defective (and complaining bitterly to Sennheiser's tech support) when some googling suggested the 4kHz whine might be caused by the Mac's power supply. Fortunately my Apple monitor that has some USB ports on it, and draws power from a separate power supply. So I plugged into this -- and the whine instantly vanished. The recorded audio is now perfectly clear.
Now, I don't know if the Mac Pro power supply is especially noisy, but it didn't affect the old plantronics headset, so I can only conclude the shielding on this Sennheiser is not up to snuff. A bit disappointing for a brand with a reputation for quality. I obviously can't say if all PC 8 models will suffer from the same flaw, but the unit I received certainly did.
Moral of the story? You might need an external powered USB hub to get the best out of this unit.
The sound quality is more than acceptable, obviously not as good as a pair of full ear earphones but absolutely perfect for gaming and work (I work remotely and am required to speak in conferences semi-frequently).
All in all they're better than I expected, the mic doesn't get in the way, in fact you don't even notice and the sound is perfect for things that don't require a heavy bass part. Highly recommended!