on 4 February 2016
A Great set of cans that sound fantastic. For the past few years i bombed off Sennheiser for AKG now due to the lack of AKG models that i like I've had to look elsewhere . I decided to give these a go and i have to say they are awesome from build quality to sound to answering calls they do everything very well.

Another thing they do very well is to stay where they are supposed to I've gone for quite a few walks in the wind and the rain even when its been blowing a gale the don't budge.
I have read on other reviews that after 1/2 an hour they make their head sore i have Not experienced this even after an hour and a 1/2 they still feel great.

Also provided a great service by the seller i ordered one day then receive the next
on 21 August 2014
The sound is neutral with good detail and perfect bass punch - far better than the boomy Beats by Dr Dre or Bose headphones on the market. If you are an audiophile then you will prefer the musical quality of the Sennheisers - although arguably you wouldn't be listening to music on an iphone in the first place!

The closed back does not seem to hamper the headphone in any way and, on the basis that they are designed to be used with portable iphone or mp3 devices, I would suggest that the closed back is necessary due to the lack of power from the music source itself.

Because these are designed to be used with portable devices the impedance is low at 18 ohms, so beware if you want to use them with a portable amplifier.

Rating something like a pair of headphones requires the price paid to be taken into account. These were originally selling for £250 and at that price I would suggest that there are better headphones to be had. However, I paid £100 for them and at that price I am not sure that they can be beaten.
on 22 January 2015
I have Wireless and ear canal Sennys' so the sound quality was assumed before buying and this assumption proved to be correct.
Apart from the great sound quality, they are light to wear, easily adjustable to fit and have the remote control fea5ture I for adjusting the volume, pausing track etc.
I don't have much hair left so had to slightly bend the headset to get the fit I wanted (as advised on some websites).
These look great in use and I would recommend them to anyone looking for quality audio reproduction.
on 30 January 2015
I'm no audiophile but I did my research before I bought these.
Some people say they don't have much Bass, I think I hade adequate bass, listening to hard rock & metal.
The first time I listened to my i-pod on them, It brought a smile to my face, very good sound.
I wear them for a coupe hours at a time, seem comfortable, open ear so people can hear your music too and maybe not suitable for the commute.
For home, excellent.
I honestly can't see me buying a new pair again.
VINE VOICEon 10 May 2017
Just a quick review to say that these phones have held up well to a year of hard use, and look and sound as good as they did when I bought them. They are discontinued now, but I've seen stocks being sold off at under £100, and if you see one, grab it.
on 17 September 2014
Bought these to use with a new iPod as an upgrade to my old, reasonably good hp200 phones. Huge improvement - good, detailed and balanced sound, despite the iPod lacking volume at times, especially on classical music ( - not the fault of the headphones!) I listen to a very wide range of musical genres and all sound good. The 'phones do sit a little tight on the ears for extended listening but otherwise I am very happy with them. Excellent build and finish. Certainly not 'closed' headphones - which can be seen as a pro or a con. Wouldn't recommend them for trains etc but fine for home use and in quieter environments. I haven't used them with my HiFi yet, partly because the lead isn't really long enough for that, and partly because my now ancient hd540 reference gold headphones are still sounding astoundingly good.
on 29 March 2015
Like having your own personal cinematic experience in your head. I used these with my Samsung TabS when I watched movies in the early days of feeding my twin boys.... (it took a looooong time). The sound is A.MA.ZING. Got these with a Black Friday deal as a treat for hubby but he said the ear pieces are actually a tad small for him, bonus for me!
on 5 May 2016
These phones are spot on. Look good, sound great and relatively compact. I had an issue at first with dire sound problems. I could only hear very loud Base noise, however for some reason, my phone was playing both amazon and Android music play lists simultaneously. Sennheiser offered to test the phones before I realised the problem and sorted it out. I think this model has been discontinued but would happily buy the upgraded 2.0 model next time.
on 31 August 2017
Very quality sound, crisp and clear. I am using these headphones primarily for my shooting and recording purposes and I am very happy with it.
on 9 June 2016
Stunning sound - a great range of detail and clarity, not overcompensated by tuning to a bass-heavy delivery (as my Beats 'phones do).

Very different to your lower range headphones, they allow you to enjoy a full soundstage and 'experience' the music more so than 'listening' to it.

A good quality construction and comfortable ear pad (my only reservation is that - for me - my ears ache a little after prolonged use due to the on-ear design).