TOP 50 REVIEWERon 17 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are a great pair of earphones (not sure that I would call them headphones - even "in-ear headphones" seems like a strange title for them.

They come with a selection of gel and foam "heads" for the ear phones themselves for comfort and to ensure they suit you best and fit in your ear the most snugly. They also have an adaptable upper "hook" which fits into your upper ear - you can adjust this so this upper hook is either shorter or longer. Don't worry it's not painful or anything - it just fits snugly around this channel of your upper ear to ensure your ear phone does not fall out. I have rather large ears (one of the reasons for my username!) and earphones are always falling out - but not these ones! Sitting or lying down and they are fine - but even walking or running they are still sitting snug in my ear!

The other thing I like about them is the quality of the sound coming from them. I LOVE Sennheiser headphones - I bought a pair about 5 years ago and then bought another 3 they were so good - and have been using them ever since! So was interested to see what their ear phones were like - and the quality is excellent! Whether you want to hear classical music, contemporary music or heavy stuff the quality of the sound is crisp and precise. I have listened to all these - and also talking books and even meditation stuff on these headphones and its all crystal clear.

I tried the earphones on a small mp3 player, on a radio, a tablet and my mobile phone. The sound quality was great on all - and most importantly for me - as loud as I wanted!

They come with a small Adidas bag to keep your earphones and ear accessories in!

They also come with a little clip to clip your headphone wire to your clothes and the strangest thing about them is that they recommend you wash them under a tap - I kid you not!

Great earphones at a good price. Recommended.
on 5 March 2014
I've been using these for approximately 5 months now. Mostly use them when on road runs. Particular reason I bought these headphones was so when you start to get a bit hot and sweaty/running in rain they don't fall out every 2 mins! They do exactly that. Combined with the fact that Sennheiser are a quality make, the sound is great, a price thats..well, whats the saying??...'Reassuringly expensive'... £20 isn't too bad though! Don't buy some cheap and nasty £5 headphones! Get these. They're good. You won't regret it :)
on 4 August 2014
I’ve recently taken up running (outdoors) and was using the Samsung in-ear-canal earphones which came with my smart phone. They have a great sound, but had to be constantly readjusted as they would move around and drop out whilst running. Keen to have something more sturdy, I plumped for the Philips SHQ3200 earphones with an adjustable over-the-ear system. Whilst they seemed good in theory, when actually running with them, they still required constant adjustment (and also failed after first use, but that’s a different story). So I moved on to these Sennheiser MX685 earphones. They are absolutely incredible. The sound quality is far better than the Philips and they literally stay rock solid in the ear.

Like many others before me, I was a little sceptical of the slide-to-fit ear fins which hold up inside the folds of your ear, but they work brilliantly. Just done my first run with them and they didn’t require any attention from me whatsoever. I’m over the moon that I’ve found these earphones, it’s going to make running more about running and less about re-adjusting my ears all the time! I could imagine that they might begin to get uncomfortable if worn for extended periods of time, but for covering me on my daily exercise, these are perfect.

Because these earphones are the sit-on-your-ear type rather than the rammed-down-your-ear-canal type, they do not have noise cancelling properties (you’d want the CX685 model for that). This means that you can still hear external sounds which is good for outdoor running, but the volume is still sufficient that you can immerse yourself in the music.

As far as accessories go, the earphones ship with two different sized rubber pad sets and a pair of foam pads which allow you to select the most comfortable size/material. You also get a nice strong carry bag with a velcro seal for transporting the earphones and a clip for attaching to your shirt. I’ve found so far that the clip is unnecessary.
on 11 May 2013
The Amazon description of these headphones says
"* Integrated Smart Remote & Microphone - Provides you with an easy option to play/pause playback and change."
This is simply not true - the headphones do NOT have an integrated smart remote or microphone.
on 18 November 2014
These earphones are fine, but nothing impressive. The fitting can be quite complicated. They will not fall when adjusting the ear fins properly. But this could annoy you since you need to fit then tight against your ear. At the same time, they might not fit in the ear canal fine and sound quality would be reduced since too much outer noise can be heard. Maybe you want to try with the CX 685 version of the product.
on 27 May 2014
It is the first time to buy from Sennheiser and I was surprised of the quality ! The sound is clear even at high volumes! I hear music while I m running. No problems with the movement. The will stay at their position for hours (I have run 2 hours with these on). Very comfortable. Definitely recommended. Worth the price. I am using them with Nokia Lumia 925 and Nokia Stereo bluetooth headset.
on 27 July 2014
They are secure in the ear when running which is the most important point. In terms of comfort they are okay, but you can definitely feel that they are there. It being waterproof is very convenient. Also, I liked the various ear piece covers they gave of different sizes. On the other hand, finding out which one is the left ear piece is very difficult in the dark as the little dot bump (only on the left ear piece) is hard to feel.

I have few ear phones to compare them to so I can't say about sound quality or other points of comparison such as value for money.
on 9 August 2015
This is my 3rd pair (for use with different appliances, not because they don't last!). I have to say that in contrast to some other reviews I preferred the previous version with the longer wire on one earpiece as placing the wire behind my head in the gym seemed more practical, I didn't catch the wire so much. I do find, however, that this pair clean up much easier, it seems that the smoother lines on the earpiece itself means that they are easier to keep clean and the little hooks to stabilise them in your ears are more effective that the previous version.

Sennheiser stuff has always sounded great and these earphones are no exception to that. A good sports pair that have proven to be long lasting and durable.
on 13 November 2013
I have had these quite a while now as I wanted to try them out before reviewing them, I bought these after reading reviews on then saying they stay put in your ear, Well after going out running with them quite a few time they have come loose in my ear every time they haven't fallen out yet, but that is because I'm aware of them twisting loose. there are no instructions on how to put them in your ear also there is no left or right I found out by looking carefully at various advertising vids for them. the sound quality is ok but I do feel that I have wasted my money on them and I am going to have to but a better pair that stay in my ear so I can enjoy my running.
on 18 November 2013
As ever good quality sound, and very pleased with the build qualty for the first time EVER, feels like an in ear headphone is gonna out last the warranty, famous last words. At £ 25 IMO v good value for money