- Visit the Headphones Buying Guide at Amazon.co.uk to find the right headphones for you, and browse our wide selection of Headphones today.
- Learn more about Sennheiser and the full range of Sennheiser products.
- Also check our best rated Sennheiser Headphone reviews
- Also check our best rated Headphone reviews
Sennheiser HD 600 Audiophile Quality, Open Hi-Fi stereo Headphones
|Price:||£283.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£86.00 (23%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sophisticated design, elegantly finished in black and grey
- High-quality, open metal mesh earpiece covers for an extremely transparent sound
- Computer-optimised magnet systems minimise distortion, for as close a reproduction of the original recording as possible
- Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils ensure excellent fast and transient response for accuracy
- Detachable OFC copper cable, Kevlar-reinforced, with very low handling noise
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Sennheiser HD 600 Audiophile Quality, Open Hi-Fi stereo Headphones
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Connectivity Technology||3.5 mm (1/8")^Wired||Wired||Wired||Wired||Wired||Wired|
|Headphones Form Factor||Circumaural||Over-Ear||over-ear||Over-Ear||over-ear||over-ear|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 cm||25.4 x 31.5 x 11 cm||19.9 x 11.3 x 21.2 cm||10.16 x 17.78 x 21.59 cm||19 x 11 x 23 cm||12.7 cm x 27.94 cm x 2.24 m|
|Item Weight||258 grams||259 grams||0.82 kg||290 grams||380 grams||263 grams|
|Special Feature||Headphone sensitivity:97 dB^Plug adapter^obstruction (300 Ω)||—||—||—||—||—|
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the manufacturer
- Sophisticated design, elegantly finished in a gloss grey metal-flake finish.
- High-quality, open metal mesh earpiece covers for an extremely transparent sound.
- Computer-optimised magnet systems minimise any distortion for superb accuracy.
- Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils bring alive the smallest detail.
- Neodymium ferrous magnet systems for optimum sensitivity and a wide soundstage.
- Soft and plush padding, the clamping force is just right for long periods of listening.
- Modular design for easy replacement of parts over years to come.
- Detachable OFC copper cable, Kevlar-reinforced, with very low handling noise.
HD 600 Reference Class Wired Headphones
Have a look at your music differently. Bring listening excitement to the next stage of intensity with the HD 600. Incorporating Sennheiser’s signature sound expertise, these open, around-the-ear headphones promise an outstanding soundstage with a warm and balanced audio reproduction. Paired with specially-tuned, highly efficient drivers capable of delivering high sound pressure levels; revelatory audio enjoyment is available at your fingertips.
- Masterfully engineered all-rounder for all types of music.
- Exceptional mids – one of the highlights of these headphones.
- Exquisite detail and separation across the entire spectrum.
- The ideal blend of sound quality, comfort, style, and durability.
- 1 HD 6001 earphones
- Volume control for all wired headphones, with 3.5 mm jack plug and 6 m cable
Learn more about the HD 600
The HD 600s are for audio purists who enjoy a natural and open sound. The diaphragm design eliminates standing waves in the diaphragm material – for absolute accuracy. These headphones are an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.
Did you know?
Fully open headphones give a more ‘open’ and spacious sound quality. (Closed headphones isolate the wearer from the surroundings and normally have a more ‘in head’ sound). Remember to burn them in for improved definition and clarity.
-Sennheiser recommends this headphone for:
Those who have a passion for headphones and for music – and would like to truly feel as if they were in the room with the artist or musician. These headphones are an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.
The HD 600 is intended for home use rather than portable listening. The HD 600 can be connected directly to hi-fi systems of the highest quality, in particular DAT, DVD, MD and CD players. A dedicated headphone amp is definitely preferable, but not essential.
|HD 600||HD 650||HD 700|
|Ear Pad Material||Velour||Velour||Microfibre|
|Frequency Response||12 Hz - 40,500 Hz||12 Hz - 41,000 Hz||10 Hz – 42,000 Hz|
|Max SPL (dB, 1 kHz, 1V)||97 dB||102 dB||105 dB|
|Wearing Style||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear|
|Impedance (Ohms)||300 Ohms||300 Ohms||150 Ohms|
|Cable Length/Orientation||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.1%||<0.1%||<0.03%|
|Weight (Grams, No Cable)||260 g||260 g||270 g|
|Unique Feature 1||Steel Blue Speckled Finish||Specially Tuned Voice Coils Reproduce Liquid Smooth Audio Across the Entire Frequency Spectrum||Exclusive Magnet Ventilation System Directs Airflow, Preventing Unwanted Transducer Movement|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Have owned 580, 600, 650, 700 and Baby Orpheus.
All with many amps. but mainly with a FiiO E10K dac and Audiolab - S amp.
580's - Great sound - great for the time - detailed
650's - Lush and detailed but too warm and dark for my liking,
700's - Some treble actually hurt my ears - even with a recommended high end headphone amp. Both were returned.
Baby Orpheus - Detailed but lacked power - lacked oompfh - lacked presence.
600's - Punch, clarity, detail, tight bass, musical - simply the best in my opinion.
It will sound terrible with mp3 files - Flac or better is recommended.
Headphone listening is highly subjective - I get it but...
Sennheiser's best were/are the 600's. Ask yourself why they still sell at that price mark after all the years.
Only cons are that they need a good amplification source - It's no good with portable devices.
The clamp force is definitely a bit tighter than the HD595s, but it's by no means uncomfortable. After a week or two, they'll feel even better. Immediately, I noticed the improved bass response over the HD595s and greater detail and clarity. I can hear lots of subtleties in songs which I hadn't been able to hear before, and it's almost like I am "listening for the first time". Background vocals are distinctly heard, cymbals clash and reverb with precision, the sound of triangles is subtle but noticeable. Even if you're not a fan of R.E.M., listening to "Man on the Moon" is such a pleasure as not only the quality of the recording is fantastic, but also the song shows off the many vocals and instruments used. And on these headphones this song really does shine.
I've paired these with an SMSL SD793-II DAC & Headphone Amplifier, and I only need to use them at the 11-12 (Roughly about one third volume)
o'clock position before it gets a bit too loud (or complaints from the wife!). These do require an amplifier to drive them. I have used them on my iPhone without an amplifier and at full volume, the sound is a little quiet and a little restrained. I also use them with my Onkyo TX-RZ810 receiver and listen to FLACs - mainly Rock - from Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Zeppelin, as well as some pop such as Adele, Michael Jackson and Elton John. They all sound magical.
Yes, you can buy more colourful/exciting sounding headphones but these aren't intended for that purpose. Comfort is also 10/10.
The HD600's are a decent alternative to not having access to adequate monitor speakers (with good room treatment).
*Note: They do need/benefit from having a dedicated headphone amp.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
naturalness, clarity, detail
using it for music mainly
with creative E5 I like the result
Cons: clamp force may stop blood circle...Read more
Look for similar items by category