- Visit the Headphones Buying Guide at Amazon.co.uk to find the right headphones for you, and browse our wide selection of Headphones today.
- Learn more about Sennheiser and the full range of Sennheiser products.
- Also check our best rated Sennheiser Headphone reviews
- Also check our best rated Headphone reviews
Sennheiser HD 600 Audiophile Quality, Open Hi-Fi stereo Headphones
|You Save:||£146.99 (40%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Sophisticated design, elegantly finished in black and grey
- High-quality, open metal mesh earpiece covers for an extremely transparent sound
- Computer-optimised magnet systems minimise distortion, for as close a reproduction of the original recording as possible
- Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils ensure excellent fast and transient response for accuracy
- Detachable OFC copper cable, Kevlar-reinforced, with very low handling noise
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
The HD 600 is an audiophile-grade open dynamic hi-fi/professional stereo headphone. The advanced diaphragm design eliminates standing waves resulting in a clean sound free of artifacts and acoustical disturbances. The HD 600 is a fantastic addition to a hi-fi stack or dedicated listening room, and is a favorite among mastering engineers worldwide.
Cable length: 3 m
Colour of product: Black
Connectivity technology: Wired
Ear coupling: Supraaural
Headphone frequency: 12 - 39000 Hz
Headphone sensitivity: 97 dB
Weight: 260 g
From the manufacturer
- Sophisticated design, elegantly finished in a gloss grey metal-flake finish.
- High-quality, open metal mesh earpiece covers for an extremely transparent sound.
- Computer-optimised magnet systems minimise any distortion for superb accuracy.
- Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils bring alive the smallest detail.
- Neodymium ferrous magnet systems for optimum sensitivity and a wide soundstage.
- Soft and plush padding, the clamping force is just right for long periods of listening.
- Modular design for easy replacement of parts over years to come.
- Detachable OFC copper cable, Kevlar-reinforced, with very low handling noise.
HD 600 Reference Class Wired Headphones
Have a look at your music differently. Bring listening excitement to the next stage of intensity with the HD 600. Incorporating Sennheiser’s signature sound expertise, these open, around-the-ear headphones promise an outstanding soundstage with a warm and balanced audio reproduction. Paired with specially-tuned, highly efficient drivers capable of delivering high sound pressure levels; revelatory audio enjoyment is available at your fingertips.
- Masterfully engineered all-rounder for all types of music.
- Exceptional mids – one of the highlights of these headphones.
- Exquisite detail and separation across the entire spectrum.
- The ideal blend of sound quality, comfort, style, and durability.
- 1 HD 6001 earphones
- Volume control for all wired headphones, with 3.5 mm jack plug and 6 m cable
Learn more about the HD 600
The HD 600s are for audio purists who enjoy a natural and open sound. The diaphragm design eliminates standing waves in the diaphragm material – for absolute accuracy. These headphones are an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.
Did you know?
Fully open headphones give a more ‘open’ and spacious sound quality. (Closed headphones isolate the wearer from the surroundings and normally have a more ‘in head’ sound). Remember to burn them in for improved definition and clarity.
-Sennheiser recommends this headphone for:
Those who have a passion for headphones and for music – and would like to truly feel as if they were in the room with the artist or musician. These headphones are an ideal choice for the professional recording engineer recording classical music.
The HD 600 is intended for home use rather than portable listening. The HD 600 can be connected directly to hi-fi systems of the highest quality, in particular DAT, DVD, MD and CD players. A dedicated headphone amp is definitely preferable, but not essential.
|HD 600||HD 650||HD 700|
|Ear Pad Material||Velour||Velour||Microfibre|
|Frequency Response||12 Hz - 40,500 Hz||12 Hz - 41,000 Hz||10 Hz – 42,000 Hz|
|Max SPL (dB, 1 kHz, 1V)||97 dB||102 dB||105 dB|
|Wearing Style||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear||Over-The-Head, Around-The-Ear|
|Impedance (Ohms)||300 Ohms||300 Ohms||150 Ohms|
|Cable Length/Orientation||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug||3 m/ Straight ¼” Plug|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.1%||<0.1%||<0.03%|
|Weight (Grams, No Cable)||260 g||260 g||270 g|
|Unique Feature 1||Steel Blue Speckled Finish||Specially Tuned Voice Coils Reproduce Liquid Smooth Audio Across the Entire Frequency Spectrum||Exclusive Magnet Ventilation System Directs Airflow, Preventing Unwanted Transducer Movement|
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
They can be used directly out of a mobile or tablet and provide a very pleasant listening experience when used this way. However, the sound quality will not be as good as these headphones are capable of and the volume will also be limited. These are fairly insensitive headphones so they do need the kind of power that would be provided by a dedicated headphone amplifier, to play at realistic volume levels. Using a headphone amplifier would also significantly improve the sound quality.
I use a Little Dot Mk2 valve headphone amplifier connected through an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC into my laptop using Audioquest's Cinnamon cable. I mainly listen using the online music streaming services, Spotify Premium, Qobuz lossless and Apple Music.
My other headphones (AKG K702, ATH M50x and Grado SR80e) have hardly been used since I bought the HD600! Although I do use the excellent M50x at work, as they are closed back - the HD600 is open-backed meaning all the sound would get out (and in), so it would not be suitable for use in that type of environment.
The HD600 was originally introduced about 15 years ago as a development of the very successful HD580. It was then rated as one of the best headphones around and I can say it is still very, very good.
Comparing it to the HD595 and HD555 models that many will have heard you are immediately aware of the added clarity and dynamics to the music. The HD595 are "polite" headphones with a slightly rolled off bass and extreme treble and the HD600 still have this Sennheiser house sound. The HD600 is more punchy and detailed with a better bass, but not the treble emphasis that some headphones have that makes them aggressive. If you look on the internet you will see some claim Sennheiser have subtly changed the HD600 and HD650 from about 2007 to give them slightly more treble energy and take away what was known as the "Sennheiser veil". However, if you like a lot of treble these headphones are not for you. They excel at giving a balanced detailed sound without any emphasis on a particular frequency range. The only slight criticism is that the soundstage is a little narrow. By this I mean the music is more "in the middle of your head" than some more expensive headphones. This is one area that the HD595 and the newer HD598 are slightly better than the HD600.
They clamp your head more tightly than the HD595 but they are still very comfortable once you get used to this. Resist any temptation to bend the headband! A few weeks of use and you will not notice the extra pressure.
In comparison to the HD595 they appear to be much better made. The headband is partly metal and the overall finish is luxurious.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I returned these headphones they were not really for me. They are quite plastic, the leads are of poor quality and I feel resentful paying out for replacement leads. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
wonderful sound quality
naturalness, clarity, detail
using it for music mainly
with creative E5 I like the result
Cons: clamp force may stop blood circle... Read more
These are fantastic sounding reference headphones used by sound engineers (or were), Very detailed, in fact you will hear sounds that didn't exist when you played the same material... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Mitch
Very Good, i love it.
As most people had commented. One of the best headphone and valued for money