Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black
|Price:||£91.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£58.99 (39%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Extended frequency response for accurate, reliable sound reproduction
- Closed around-the-ear design for excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise (up to 32dB)
- Replaceable single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5mm jack connector and screw type adapter to ¼”
- Exceptional comfort for extended listening; collapses for storage
- Carrying case included for engineers on the go
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Dimensions||22.6 cm x 17.5 cm x 9.9 cm||20.3 cm x 17.8 cm x 10.2 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
HD 380 pro, a new professional monitoring headphone. The HD 380 pro provides an extended frequency response with increased sound pressure level (up to 110dB) for accurate sound reproduction in all kinds of demanding use. Adding on, its closed circumaural design provides excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise, hence making it ideal for monitoring purposes. Not only that, the lightweight and secure-fit design offers a very comfortable listening experience to the sound professional who has to wear them over long durations.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I currently have 5 pairs that I use very frequently but the newest ones are the ones you want to know about.
I had been using a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro [64 Ohm] and I was very happy with them and then early this year I heard about the "upgrade" to these, the HD 380 Pro and being a bit of a sound nerd I had to have some.
Was it worth it? Well, yes it was!
They are slightly lighter, they fold better and come with their own case, they have a curly lead rather than the straight one for the 280s and they are even more comfortable for long time listening!
But what you really want to know about is the sound quality - they are better in all respects . . . the sound is great!
The bass is tight with a crisp attack but it does go quite deep and sounds really good.
The midrange is musical, well controlled with a good soundstage - the instruments are well placed.
The treble is tight, high without being shrill and hangs onto the top notes say of cymbals without becoming papery and thin.
The sound altogether is musical, well controlled and not coloured - if you want deep booming bass and greatly coloured sound then these are not for you.
All told, these for me are superb headphones and I am delighted to have made their acquaintance.
Oh yes . . . and I also use them with my iPod and that sounds even better too . . .
I give them 5 stars for sound and 5 stars for comfort.
The one thing I have above all else is a good ear for balance and audio quality; apparently, I don't think I am anything special in this field but the rest of my secondary music department used my for anything to do with sound quality. I have been doing music of various forms for the past 12 years (that might have something to do with it, I don't know) and I have never come across anything this good at this price range. I have been lucky enough to have tried a pair of Sennheiser HD 800 headphones (RRP £999!) and of course the 800's are better but for a 8th of the price (on amazon anyway) the 380's produce stunning quality.
For testing purposes I used several tracks on my iPod touch which I thought wolf give the headphones a good work out...
-Enterprising Young Men -Michael Giacchino -Star Trek The motion Picture
-Uprising -Muse - The Resistance
-Adagio For Strings - Tiesto -Parade Of The Athletes
-Four Seasons -Joe Satriani -Live
-1st Movement -Mahler -Symphony Number 4
-Requiem For Tower -Escala -Escala
-Glitter And Trauma -Biffy Clyro -Infinity Land
(All of these, bar Four Seasons was ripped at full quality on iTunes, which was a 480p video on youtube through the touch.)
The 380's performed superbly on every occasion.Read more ›
- Brilliant sound reproduction suitable for all types of music.
- Lovely frequency response all across the range; detailed (but not harsh) high end, lovely warm mid and very good bass on the low end.
- Easy drive, these can sound great with portable devices as well as proper hi-fi equipment and computer sound cards.
- Excellent build quality. Construction is good, cable is a long length and a good thickness.
- Folds up easily for convenient transport.
- Comes with a handy travelling case and 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter.
- Not the most comfortable phone i've ever had. They clamp pretty tight on the head which can get uncomfortable after about an hour. Also with it being so tight your ears warm up fast if the room your in is not cool.
- Not the best looking phone when worn, the headband is a strange shape.
- Considering they are pro headphones there is noticeable coloring to the sound. When i listen to this and compare them with my hi-fi speakers and Grado phones there is a massive difference in sound. However you do get used to this very quickly
- Although wire is good length it is coiled! This is a pain as it looks bad, weighs a lot and puts stress on the headphone jack when you sit far away from the source.
Overall i love these headphones. As musical equipment they are great with a wide frequency response and suitable to all types of music, but aesthetically then are not as good as others i've had by Sennheiser in the past. They can get uncomfortable after a relatively short time which is a shame as the sound they produce is un-fatiguing and down-right nice. Sennheiser could've done with working on the design too as they look pretty weird to wear!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The sound is brilliant for all modern music, but not for classical.
I had to remove the "Adaggio for strings" from my playlist on iPhone 6 as it sounded... Read more
Best headphones i have ever had. the quality is supreme and they are very comfortable to wear for long periods of time. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
After trialling 5 other pairs of headphones these ones I will keep. The search for a comfortable pair of headphones to wear all day in a noisy office is now over! Read morePublished 1 month ago by Lee
Sennheiser introduced some time ago, a relatively new model of professional headphones - HD 380 Pro. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Shadow
Ok, after owning these headphones and using them on an everyday basis for 5 and a half years I think I am qualified to review these. Read morePublished 1 month ago by a
Usual excellent quality from Sennheiser. This is my third set of headphones and will continue to buy sennheiser headphones as in my opinion nobody makes them as goodPublished 2 months ago by mark bolam