Sennheiser HD 380 Pro Collapsible High end Headphones - Black
|Price:||£93.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£56.99 (38%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Extended frequency response for accurate, reliable sound reproduction
- Closed around-the-ear design for excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise (up to 32dB)
- Replaceable single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5mm jack connector and screw type adapter to ¼"
- Exceptional comfort for extended listening; collapses for storage
- Carrying case included for engineers on the go
Sennheiser products sold and dispatched by Amazon.co.uk carry the Sennheiser limited warranty. Learn more here.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
HD 380 pro, a new professional monitoring headphone. The HD 380 pro provides an extended frequency response with increased sound pressure level (up to 110dB) for accurate sound reproduction in all kinds of demanding use. Adding on, its closed circumaural design provides excellent passive attenuation of ambient noise, hence making it ideal for monitoring purposes. Not only that, the lightweight and secure-fit design offers a very comfortable listening experience to the sound professional who has to wear them over long durations.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I currently have 5 pairs that I use very frequently but the newest ones are the ones you want to know about.
I had been using a pair of Sennheiser HD280 Pro [64 Ohm] and I was very happy with them and then early this year I heard about the "upgrade" to these, the HD 380 Pro and being a bit of a sound nerd I had to have some.
Was it worth it? Well, yes it was!
They are slightly lighter, they fold better and come with their own case, they have a curly lead rather than the straight one for the 280s and they are even more comfortable for long time listening!
But what you really want to know about is the sound quality - they are better in all respects . . . the sound is great!
The bass is tight with a crisp attack but it does go quite deep and sounds really good.
The midrange is musical, well controlled with a good soundstage - the instruments are well placed.
The treble is tight, high without being shrill and hangs onto the top notes say of cymbals without becoming papery and thin.
The sound altogether is musical, well controlled and not coloured - if you want deep booming bass and greatly coloured sound then these are not for you.
All told, these for me are superb headphones and I am delighted to have made their acquaintance.
Oh yes . . . and I also use them with my iPod and that sounds even better too . . .
I give them 5 stars for sound and 5 stars for comfort.
- Brilliant sound reproduction suitable for all types of music.
- Lovely frequency response all across the range; detailed (but not harsh) high end, lovely warm mid and very good bass on the low end.
- Easy drive, these can sound great with portable devices as well as proper hi-fi equipment and computer sound cards.
- Excellent build quality. Construction is good, cable is a long length and a good thickness.
- Folds up easily for convenient transport.
- Comes with a handy travelling case and 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter.
- Not the most comfortable phone i've ever had. They clamp pretty tight on the head which can get uncomfortable after about an hour. Also with it being so tight your ears warm up fast if the room your in is not cool.
- Not the best looking phone when worn, the headband is a strange shape.
- Considering they are pro headphones there is noticeable coloring to the sound. When i listen to this and compare them with my hi-fi speakers and Grado phones there is a massive difference in sound. However you do get used to this very quickly
- Although wire is good length it is coiled! This is a pain as it looks bad, weighs a lot and puts stress on the headphone jack when you sit far away from the source.
Overall i love these headphones. As musical equipment they are great with a wide frequency response and suitable to all types of music, but aesthetically then are not as good as others i've had by Sennheiser in the past. They can get uncomfortable after a relatively short time which is a shame as the sound they produce is un-fatiguing and down-right nice. Sennheiser could've done with working on the design too as they look pretty weird to wear!
The most important difference between my RS120s and the HD380s though is the frequency response. The RS120s are 20Hz - 20Khz and also a different style of phones as the RS120s are open backed and the HD380s closed. Now, the physical audible range of hearing for all of us human beings is 20Hz - 20Kz if you are young with no damage to your hearing through illness or long exposure to loud noise (like a career as a sound engineer with Hawkwind for example). Human hearing also naturally deteriorates as we get older, and the audible bandwidth narrows slowly over time (one good reason why responsible personal audio player manufacturers like Apple limit the volume of their iPods).
So why is a headphone frequency range of 8Hz - 27Khz so useful? I hear you ask sceptically. Well, it is this - the limits of the human audio spectrum is extended at both ends by the human body's amazing ability to recognise subsonic information through - vibration.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
They are the job!
I wanted headphones that would block out the sound of a busy house (party's/sessions) while I'm doing the final year of my degree. Read more
I just love these cans. I'm into European electronica, and outside of a club or studio there's no way I could get the same satisfaction from speakers as I get from my HD380s. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Amazon Customer
Have a range of good headphones, grado sr 80e, bt770 and these. Under rated by far, respond well to bass boosting. Retain clarity. Take them everywhere, proper sturdy. Read morePublished 26 days ago by Mr. T. D. G. Wakefield
Using these in our recording studio...Sound range and quality is excellent...these are perfect for minimal noise "spill" compared to some of the top and most exp studio... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Some tips based on earlier feedback:
- IMO this is an excellent pair of closed-back headphones, i.e. Read more