on 17 April 2014
To be honest, i don't know what to expect from a neckband headphone, 'cause i have not owned any of them before, so i went ahead and give this a try. Having owned lots of headband headphone, and with wearing glasses all the time, i sometime feel tired with the clamp onto my glasses's cord. The neckband kill all of that. I can say that this is the most comfy hearing position for a over-ear headphone. They do hurt your ear the first few listen, but you will eventually find the sweet spot after adjusting the band.
To sound quality. I only use it for around 5 hours total, and being listening on my HD558 all the time, i can say the PMX 95 do a good job on recreating the openness of sound (open-back), with clear high and satisfying-somewhat mid. What amazed me the most is the bass response: supprisingly clear and accurate yet not overwhelming, pack a punch but not overpowered. I even enjoy the bass more than my HD558, since the latter standing on the balance side.
I tested it with a few games (LP3, titanfall, bf4, goat simulator-lol- and dead space ) and chill-step, high and bassy music just to see how well the bass perform. I'm not disapointed. In fact, i also purchase the brother PX95, just because i fall in love with both the minimalist and sound image of the 95-series.
I not a audiophile, but i do enjoy listening, and did listen long enough to tell the differences between good and bad.
Re-cap: good price for the sound, lovely bass demonstration, snappy delivery time as usually. I will also upload a pic just for showing the size of this headphone.
Would love to see how this guy turns out to be after 60hrs burning!
review image
on 10 September 2014
I'm afraid I sent this back after a short trial. There is nothing wrong with the headphones themselves, they sound great but they didn't do what I'm after. I was looking for a replacement of my Sennheiser PMX200 headphones which I loved - The advantage of these is they were behind the neck so were discrete and comfortable but were also a closed back so there was very little sound leakage. Ideal for using in an office which I do. These phones sound great but do leak sound quite badly even at relatively low volumes so not for me. If only someone would make something like the PMX200 I'd be very happy, but all neckband headphones that I've looked at are now open style.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 28 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In terms of sound the Sennheiser PMX95s are reasonably good, if not significantly an improvement on other cheaper models in their range that I've used before. Clarity and tone are good but not exceptional, with a nice natural rounded bass sound that doesn't sound overly boosted. The Sennheiser HD201 Closed Dynamic headphones and the Sennheiser CX 300 II headphones however offer comparable good Sennheiser quality at a cheaper price. Where the PMX95 noticeably improves though is in the area of comfort.

Or rather it's the opposite of noticeable, since they are so light and comfortable that you can barely feel them and almost forget you are wearing them. The construction is good. These might be lightweight, but they are not flimsy. Not everyone will like the headband being worn around the neck however, and it does take a bit of adjustment to accommodate them into the right position, but the design is good allowing them to be fully adjustable. Maximum comfort with "maximum freedom of movement while enjoying lush stereo sound on the go", you can't argue with those claims.

Perhaps I've been too used to in-ear, noise-isolation headphones however, but my only complaint would be the amount of sound leakage from the open ear-cups. If you press the ear-pieces to your ears, you can hear just how much better the sound would be if it wasn't leaking out. And, by the same token, you can be sure that your music will be clearly heard by anyone close to you. Personally, for this reason I wouldn't use these in public, but sitting at home listening to music or watching a streaming video on a laptop or netbook - often for hours on end - these are ideal.
on 3 January 2015
After buying a series of less than satisfactory earphones which all broke within around 3 months and were sadly lacking in sound quality I thought I'd give these a go.

I use them mainly in the gym and am happy to say that they stay on my ears well, even when skipping which is handy. The sound quality is great and plenty loud enough with nicely balanced bass and treble, and they're largely comfortable, but do start to pinch the ear a little after over an hour of use.

So far my only criticisms are that they leak quite a lot of sound, not a problem in a noisy gym but this could prove anti-social on public transport. Also, I'm not 100% sold on the neckband design, I'm not exactly sure where it should be worn on the back of the head. Sometimes the band just seems to be hanging there with no clear purpose.

On the whole great headphones, give them a go if you're sick of constantly having to readjust you're earphones when working out.
on 9 April 2016
Bought these almost 6 months ago and they are still working brilliantly! Wear them most of the day, every day just walking around - so their durability seems to be pretty good. Moved from iGrado's for these (cos these were the only behind head ones I could find that suited what I needed) and I much prefer them. The single cable from the left headphone is much easier to work around and I pull on the wires less because of it. The sound leakage isn't the best but I can have my music 2/3 of the way to full and the sound leakage is still minimal.
on 17 October 2014
Wow...bassy! Got these today at super fast speed! Was amazed by the amount of bass being fired at me from these lovely phones. I've had a pair of Sennheiser PMX 60's since last Xmas, and now they are my spare pair, as they are lacking in the bass area. So, I'd suggest getting these, as they are the same price as the PMX 60's at the mo. Oh, and you may have to do a little bit of tweeking with your EQ settings, but the end result is worth it! ;)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Open back neck strap headphones PMX95 Bass Driven neck band phones

What you get.

The box contains one pair of open back headphones with attached lead. The lead has a slippery texture to ensure it does not tangle. The single lead is fitted with a stereo mini jack so it will fit just about every phone, tablet and MP3 player on the market.

First impressions.

These are very light headphones with the newer neck band rather than the overhead type. On first listen through an iPod using a wide variety of music from classical to metal they gave a good account of themselves. They are marketed as bass biased headphones but the bass is reproduced with good depth and accuracy. Mids. and highs are equally well resolved.

After 4 weeks of listening.

These headphones just get better. After several weeks of running in they have become my favourites at any price. The music soundstage is really wide and instruments are in pinpoint position. Even complex tracks resolve well. You would need to spend a silly amount of money to better these.

Construction and comfort.

As a glasses wearer they are the best headphones I have used as they don't pinch the frames at all. They are very comfortable to wear; you don't know they are on really.
As for construction they seem very lightweight but I have used them on commutes for the last few weeks and they are still like brand new and no sign of the cable breaking. I have had much more expensive headphones that have broken after a month of commutes and being pushed in an out of my case or rucksack.

Overall.

These are about as good as it gets for the money. I have no problem in recommending them.
on 24 April 2014
Over the last 30 years I have used many sports headphones and most of them have been reasonable. I have found that ear buds tend to fall out of my ears and often transmit physical cable noise if very tightly fitting. Even buds that have a neck band ( my last pair) aren't stable in my ears. Moving to to the PMX95s has been a pleasant experience with the device being light weight and stable on my head and ears throughout various vigorous exercise. The phones have a remarkably good sound quality too. Not as good as my £300 audiophile cans, but better than all my previous sports phones. I would buy these again.
on 27 October 2014
Open back and not an over the head band like 99% of all others out in the market! Great sound, start to get a little uncomfortable after an hour or so - but that could just be my ears.
Still more conformable than in ear buds though!
on 18 December 2014
I absolutely love these. They have amazing bass and good clarity across the whole range. I listen to everything from opera and classical to heavy rock. My favourite is rock, modern worship songs and ambient/chillout. Reproduction is excellent for everything including spoken word, listening to things like YouTube videos. They are really comfortable to wear for extended periods - the behind the neck band isn't noticeable and there is no pressure on the ears or head anywhere. I work in a large open plan office and wear them all day to cut the background noise out. I have noticed fellow workers hear more over-spill noise from these than my previous headphones that sat just a little more in the ear, but no one has actually complained. Mind you, pumping out a bit of Daft Punk demands some extra volume! I would definitely recommend these: they look good, seem very well built and most important of all sound fantastic.

See one answered question