2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Accidental damage cover including mechanical and electrical breakdown.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
Sennheiser MM500-X Stereo Bluetooth Over-Ear Headset Featuring the Apt-X Codec (discontinued by manufacturer)
The new Huawei P20 Series - shop now,
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Connect in CD quality to Bluetooth apt-X enabled devices, such as selected Apple, Creative, Samsung products, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD devices
- Fold flat into small case for easy storage and transport
- Invisible microphone - with high-performance sound quality for clear conversations
- Comfortable around-ear design with easy headset controls - in one intuitive cluster
- Direct cable option - for use on airplanes, also includes aircraft adaptor, case, wall and USB chargers
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
MM 500-X Bluetooth Wireless Headset
The MM 500-X offers a pure and detailed sound quality but without the hassle of cables and the cable controls associated with a standard headset. With an ultra-comfortable around-the-ear design, you can both relax and enjoy a top quality wireless music experience and quickly switch between music and calls at just the touch of a button. What’s more while delivering fantastic sound with any Bluetooth audio device, it also features the CD quality apt-X codec to deliver CD quality audio with any apt-X audio devices.
- Simple to pair with any Bluetooth-enabled device
- Padded, around-the-ear cushions for excellent soft fit
- Easy management of tracks and calls with on-ear controls
- Built-in microphone for smartphone users
Learn more about the MM 500 X
The MM 500-X was designed as a larger full-size headset for those who prefer the superior comfort and noise isolating benefits of the around the ear design. You can now experience great quality sound without having the inconvenience of becoming tangled up with your rucksack or when you need to answer your phone. The ear cups are sealed to block out distracting noise and prevent noise leaking out to interrupt others.
- Sennheiser sound quality – hi-fi headphone drivers ensure superior dynamic range, detail and excellent bass
- CD quality audio – featuring the apt-X codec, the headsets can connect wirelessly to any Bluetooth apt- enabled devices
- Noise-cancelling clarity – NoiseGard reduces outside noise actively and lets users enjoy music in peace
- TalkThrough – one press of a button turns on the external microphone so you can hold a conversation without removing the headset
- Wireless freedom – Bluetooth 2.1 guarantees hands-free convenience without wires and the advanced A2DP profile delivers optimised hi-fi stereo sound for standard Bluetooth audio devices
- Blocks outside noise – due to closed around-the-ear headphone design, no sound leakage
- Invisible high-performance microphone – for clear voice transmission
- Option of connecting a cable – for going wired when you are on a plane or when the 10-hour battery runs out; an airline adapter is included
- Easy headset controls – in one intuitive cluster. Simple call and music control – an in-line remote makes it easy to manage phone calls, to easily play/pause music* and change track* and to change the volume level
- Wearing comfort – padded ear-cushions provide an excellent soft fit, even on long trips
- Folds into a compact bundle for travel and storage - while the headband is metal-reinforced for durability
- Flexible – replace the battery with a spare on long trips – or recharge it via the USB port on your laptop or the supplied lightweight wall charger with different plug fittings for Europe, the USA, the UK and Australia
- Connect everywhere – to mobiles, laptops, MP3 players, or in-flight entertainment systems with an all-in-one headset solution
* Functions are phone and computer dependent
Did you know?
If you hold down the Bluetooth button when connected to an iPhone it activates the Voice Control so you can even select your tracks by name!
This is Sennheiser’s third generation of Bluetooth headsets and takes advantage of all the latest developments available in wireless technology.
The rechargeable battery is removable and should last for two years on average, depending on usage. It is called the BA 370 PX and is easily available. To fully charge the battery via USB or mains will take about 3 hours. You can then listen to music for a full 10 hours or talk for 20 before having to re-charge!
To hear the full audio potential from your computer or audio device with a USB socket, Sennheiser recommends using the BTD 500 USB (a USB dongle accessory), to ensure the source is apt-X enabled
Sennheiser recommends this headset for...
... owners of the latest Bluetooth apt-X-enabled phones and laptops, such as more recent MacBooks, selected HTC or Samsung Galaxy music products, who would like to take advantage of their full audio capability. Also perfect for those wanting a high sound and build quality in a more convenient format.
The MM 500-X offers excellent compatibility with all Bluetooth apt-X-enabled mobile smartphone brands and computers.
Meet the Range
MM 450-X TRAVEL
MM 550-X TRAVEL
|Wearing Style||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’||Closed-Back (Sealed) ‘On-Ear‘||Closed Back (Sealed) ‘Around-The-Ear’|
|Supported Profiles||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X||A2DP + AVRCP + HSP + HFP, Codec: SBC, apt-X|
|Noise-Cancelling||No||No||Yes||Yes + Surround Sound Function|
|Weight||105 g||179 g||105 g||179 g|
|Charging/Listening/Talk Time||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||3 Hours /10 Hours/20 Hours||As MM400-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours||As MM 500-X + Listening Time With Noise-Cancelling Reduces to 8 Hours|
|Frequency Response (Headphones)||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz||15–22,000 Hz|
|SPL||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB||107 dB|
|Range||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m||Up to 10 m|
MM 500-X Bluetooth® headset
USB wall charger for US, EU, UK and AU
USB charging cable
In-flight adapters (3.5mm double mono jack)
6.3 mm gold adapter plug
Quick set-up guide
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
+ truly beautiful sound quality - the Senn pedigree really shows
+ you hear parts of music that you never knew was there
+ well-placed intuitive controls
+ loads of accessories and a decent case (that's rare)
+ well-made, like all Senn kit
+ they grip well and cover your ears (but see below)
+ bluetooth is unquestionably the best of all cans I tried - callers said "I can hear you loud and clear"
- the accessory cables are cheap and tangle-capable; shame at this price
- other cans have higher quality build (Jabra Revo, Philips Fidelio, Logitech UE9000, Sony MDR10BT)
- I consistently wanted another 10% "umph" in bass and volume
- after 20-30 mins the tight grip became so uncomfortable that I had to take them off (this was the ultimate deal-breaker).
I did in part overcome the 10% lacking umph by playing around with EQ settings - with preamp and bass settings set to max, most tracks were okay. However, not all and add to that the lack of comfort for extended listening and I had to send them back; replaced with the Logitech UE9000 and the Creative Evo ZxR, both of which were clearly better than the Senns for audio quality (a big shock and an indication of how good those two pairs are). On that last point, the sound quality of the UE9000s is so SO good, that all other sets were dismissed and returned. They are not the best for bluetooth though just scrape through, but the sound is way way better than any cans I have ever listened to, by a mile.
Back to the Sennheiser MM-500X - they are good, very good and will be no.1 for a lot of people. Just not quite right for me (I do have a large head so that may be a factor!)
However as a commuter and avid gym-er I've been looking for a wireless option to avoid the encumbering headache that comes with wires. So upon extensive research I was directed to these pair of wireless phones and took the plunge.
[Build] - Quite impressed here. Looks are of course subjective but to me they look rather neat, they're very sturdy and they fold quite compactly making them an excellent portable option. No complaints here
[Comfort] - I was a bit apprehensive about going for 'around-hear' phones, but these very comfortably encompass my ears and don't feel fatiguing after extensive use. Bear in mind though my ears are on the small-medium side and they just about fit. If your ears are a bit on the larger side then it might be more of a snug fit.
[Connectivity] - Easy to connect, stays within promised range, no complaints.
[Sound] - This is where it disappoints me. Now I appreciate that with Bluetooth headphones there comes a compromise in sound quality, but at £170 I expected that compromise to be less dramatic. The highs and mids are decent, but the bass is practically non-existent. Now again sonic preferences are also subjective, but if you're a bit of a basshead these headphones will sound quite underwhelming, and no I'm not suggesting it should aspire to Beats level of ridiculous, muddy-sounding bass, but it wouldn't have hurt to pack a little more punch. The biggest drawback however is the volume - its far too low! The noise-isolating qualities are pretty lackluster too - my music was close to being drowned out on near full volume when riding on the London underground.
So can I recommend these headphones? At this price - probably not. They're on the whole a solid wireless option but its drawbacks for me mean they don't constitute good value. A better option (which I've since replaced this with) are Jabra's REVO wireless head phones which are around the same price. If you live without the wireless functionality then you can pick up a better sounding pair of headphones for half the price (even from Sennheiser themselves!).
Had them for 8 months now. Quality of the audio is good, however as others have mentioned it quite flat for the money you are paying.
The bluetooth works well however occasionally you do get sound blips and cut-offs for half a second.
I have a Samsung S4 and they paired well and can control the music players easily. I use them for both music and videos and occasionally in call audio and mic. That all works fairly well but can be annoying if you forget to unpair them / turn them off as you don't hear the phone ring if you aren't wearing them.
Now onto the bad.
They don't feel like a quality pair of headphones. They are quite plasticy, mine have recently snapped in the headband (whilst I was folding the earphones in. They have snapped all the way through so only the leather ( pleather?) and cushioning of the headband are holding them together now. I would have thought that the band inside would have been metal all the way through as appears when you extend the earbuds. But no it's plastic.
Second big bugbear is the sound level. It's possibly to comfortably listen to the headphones with the sound at full volume on the phone and headphones...This is probably because they have a small battery powering them but still..Sometimes you want to drown the world out!
I've marked them down mainly because of the plastic feel and low sound quality for the money. I had a pair of HD212 pro from Sennheiser that cost a third of the price (possibly even less) and the sound quality was massively better than these in low mid and high ranges. I'm probably going to have to get another set of different ones once the snapped plastic bit wears through.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews