on 31 August 2017
Wonderful Sennheiser quality throughout. Particularly good at blocking neighbour noise, and enabling you to continue with whatever you are doing in garden or house.
on 5 October 2017
Great product - Bluetooth lag does however render these headphones useless for digital piano playing!
on 27 September 2017
The product description claims that the headset uses rechargeable batteries that are "charged in the transmitter", the transmitter does not charge batteries. It has space for batteries (AA as opposed to the AAA the headphones use), but this is for the purpose of using the transmitter on the go, not for charging.
on 22 February 2014
These headphones are very comfortable and produce a great sound. They have good battery life and work all round the house.

The downside is very awkward controls, it can take several attempts to turn them on as the power button often doesn't have any effect. The buttons for volume control are slow to act as well. A simple on-off switch and rotary volume control would be much better.
on 29 November 2012
Does exactly what we wanted, blocks noise both ways, works with all our kit so very flexible in use, batteries holding up well.
Not a perfect connection on the other side of several walls and some metal filing cabinets, but I didn't expect it.
The only surprise is a break in connection when a wireless router and printer are talking in the same room - but only when the printer is receiving, not when merely switched on.
on 27 May 2011
Some women collect shoes I collect headphones. For some years I have been on a quest to find the very best wireless headphones on a limited buget. (These were a gift!)
Things to consider befor buying. You will never get a sound from wireless headphones to compare with really good wired headphones. (Having said that, listening to mp3 files, the RS160 sound better than my elderly bose wired headphones, but movies do not.)
SOUND... Apart from saying that although I was happy with the sound of the RS130 especially the surround sound, the sound of RS160 is in a different class, much better qualiy all round. I am not going to discuss sound in detail, there are hundreds of reviews that discuss sound, in my view sound sound is so personal and depends so much on the type of music you prefer and what you are going to use them for, sound reviews are at best a guideline.
BASE STATION....RANGE.. No longer big and ugly, now small and pretty, and totally portable, no longer will you have to test the range (unless you are listening on a pc / Tv)..just put some batteries in it and take the base station and your mp3 player with you, fits nicely in your handbag or medium size pocket. If you are listening on a pc etc the range of the RS 160 is less than the RS130, although the RS160's just about reached my greenhouse 100 feet away they cut out when I moved, so if you are going to near the max of the range you will have to stand /sit still!!!
COMFORT...Sennheiser! this is where you have lost it, gone are the lovely velvet surrounds on the headphones, replaced by plastic that will not be good in the heat and will not wear as well as the velvet, and sadly although just ok, they are not as comfortable, I often kept the RS 130's on for 15 hours at a time, the RS160's are smaller and tend to press on the top of the head even when extended.
PRO'S...PORTABILITY..SOUND..(the best wireless headphones under £100 by a mile) BATTERY LIFE.. About the same as previous models all day and most of the night, RANGE..Still very good even if not quite as good as previous models. WHEN THE SOUND SOURCE STOPS..Gone is the hiss of the RS 120 and the Beep beep of RS130, now there is just silence..perfect!
CONS...MATERIAL.. used for the earpiece surround ...COMFORT... Smaller and not nearly as comfortable as previous models.
CONCLUSION.. These are great sounding headphones, with amazing portability, the comfort is what loses them a star. So I am still searching for those illusive wireless headphones on a budget, that merit Five Stars.
22 Comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2015
Very comfortable headset. I'd sometimes found myself going to bed with them still attached! Unfortunately the receiver base stopped working after about 6 months, rendering the whole thing useless. I'd imagine it could have been easily replaced however in the meantime I rediscovered the quality of a decent pair of wired Sennheisers and never bothered going back.

If you really want wireless though - you can't go wrong.
on 9 April 2010
OK here's the story. My 92 year old mother has a 3 year old hearing aid, which is fine for talking to other people but no use for the television. She couldn't pick up women's tones or if someone spoke too quickly. We were advised initially to go for a new up-to-date hearing aid, which was valued at over 2000 pounds. This was better but still not good enough. Then another hearing aid salesman came and suggested we try headphones before we start considering splashing out loads of money on another hearing aid. Having owned a brilliant pair of Sennheiser headphones in the 70's I decided to start my investigation there. The thing that made me choose this one was the Kleer Voice. So I ordered them and to see my mother smile after she put the headphones on was worth every penny spent. She now hears EVERYTHING. If you know anyone in a similar situation then I highly recommend these headphones. The only downside is that when the receiver is plugged into the headphone socket on the TV it kills the sound for anyone else in the room. That is unless you have a dual sound TV which will work fine. As my TV, although only just over 12 months old, didn't have dual sound, I hooked up my hi-fi speakers along with an amplifier and used phono leads from the amp to the sound in sockets on the back of the TV.
22 Comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 12 November 2014
Excellent clean sound. Good bass. Unlike some others, I have had no problem with the volume control. Very comfortable. Easy set up. Battery life is good and recharging simple. I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this to anyone, but I would make them aware of a few simple points.

So... why only 3 stars you ask? Well, I'm a big fan of Sennheiser and a lot of their products have blown me away, but this set of headphones doesn't as much. A minor point for me, but it might be important to others, is that the range is restricted somewhat in my house compared to other wireless headphones I have used. So if you want the freedom of being able to explore your home, while still maintaining a connection, you may want to look at others.

However, if you are only really intending to use the headphones in one room, then these headphones do offer a truly clean sound.
on 23 August 2010
Great sound, easy set up and you recharge the headphones and sender unit from one charger. Also a neat touch, you can run the sender on it's batteries so less wires unless you need them. Comfortable to wear and a good range. The closed backs means you can use them in the same room as someone reading or listening to another source.

Note, the sender unit has a 3.5mm mini stereo jack so you will need an adaptor for 6.35mm 1/4" standard stereo sockets on most AV Amps etc.