on 4 October 2009
For any Screenwriter or Writer, this book is life changing. The clarity of the text makes it easy to digest with examples given just at the right point. It made me actually look at my story structure and understand its driving purpose, which ultimately assists you when pitching the story to others. Actually, you can apply it to projects too, it is about selling vision rather than just story. After reading the book it gave me the confidence to go back to my scripts and strip away everything that doesn't move the story or plot forward; for me personally, it has enriched my writing. I wish I'd bought this book years ago.
on 1 December 2012
I wasn't keen on the book at first, but warmed up to it as I read it. By the end I felt I could really recommend it. It will definitely improve the quality of my pitches. Hauge really does know what he's talking about. There's also a really great section at the back with opinion from a couple of dozen experts who've taken pitches on a professional basis.
on 28 May 2011
This book is just about what it says: Pitching.
I'm tired of finding books that promise to talk about something and eventually talk about something else.
It is short, concise, inspirational and very effective (just like a pitch). Oh, and very funny too.
It really helped me to focus my pitch and not ramble about my script. As soon as I was reaching the end of the book, I wrote a sample pitch for my current script, following the teachings of the book. I ended up having a pitch much more engaging than any other I had written before.
There's one more thing which I found to be a great plus, but that not many other books do (although they should). He spends most of the book teaching his techniques, but at the end he includes interviews with executive producers, development managers and other people with pitching experience. This is an invaluable addition.
on 12 July 2013
Michael Hauge provides the reader with numerous tips and snippets of advice on the art of pitching your story. Particularly useful is the collection of views on pitching story, all written by seasoned industry experts, all providing their unique take on the 'Do's and
Don'ts' of pitching.
The book is reasonably priced, an easy read and slim enough to be digestible for those short on time.
Hauge's enthusiasm for his subject matter shines throughout the book, Although if I am to be critical it would be towards the rather mediocre films he uses as examples of good practice (mainly Hollywood buddy movies or tried and tested rom-com formulas), but this small niggle aside, 'Selling your story in 60 seconds' is a handy, compact go to book - on the art of the quick pitch. I recommend it to all you screen-play writers out there.
on 29 November 2012
You'll discover that it's not the script/book or screenplay which will make you rich - it's the pitch. The pitch to get someone to read your work - all in 60 seconds.
on 12 March 2014
Purchased for my partner and he has given it a high rating, useful and value for money. Hope this helps?