Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Price set by seller.
Selling Politics: Accompanies the TV series We Have Ways Of Making You Think Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Surprisingly the author doesn't look at the work of the Creel Commission, a body set up by Woodrow Wilson in 1917 to encourage the American population to support WW1. Another ommission is the work of the Institute for Propaganda Analysis, set up in 1937 to help the American public recognise various methods of propaganda.
The author reviews the years after WW2 and particulary how these techniques were used by American politicans and then picked up by their British counterparts. The most famous example being the Conservative Party partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi.
This book is reccomended to anyone seriously interested in political advertising, film making or jsut wanting to find out how the visual images can be used to change people's minds.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > History > Political History > Democracy
- Books > Reference > Language > Communication
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Democracy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Political Science & Ideology > Political Science
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Finance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Industries & Professions
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Words & Language > Communication
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Ideologies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Political History & Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Practical Politics