on 19 September 2013
Okay,since passing 30 and having a child I have let myself go a bit. I don't get time to do the usual things I used to do to keep fit which was swimming, clubbing, and dance classes.
After quitting my job to be a stay at home mum, I totally lost my figure.
I tried to have some equipment at home, such as ab roller and spinner (boring) and also Wii games such as shape and zumba etc. but I didn't ever use them.
Then my friend who had recently lost a lot of weight, was showing off her new toned body recommended the Urban Rebounder. I thought it was expensive considering you can get mini trampolines for £40. But she convinced me that this was specific for low impact exercise and told me of all the benefits of using it. Well, since I had been having some random problems with my left knee, she thankfully managed to convince me and I decided to purchase one.

After purchasing, I let it sit there gathering dust. When I moved house, I decided NOT to pack it away and leave it out to encourage myself to give it a go.

No matter what diet I try, I struggle to lose weight and exercise is the only way for me. But knowing that, I just pig out, but of course, end up putting on more weight
So I set myself a new goal.
No dieting, just to add pro-biotics to my diet with every meal and omega 3 oil as I know that I am not getting enough, and to add a minimum of 10 minutes on the rebounder a day.
I wrote a check of list, on a chart and added it to my daily diary.

Well, let me tell you the results.....

I have lost ONE STONE in 4 WEEKS.
Yep that's right, 1 stone or 14Ibs or 6.35 kg, whatever metric system.

Now at first I had downloaded Shelly Caribbean workout. Then I used You Tube's Tracy Anderson and any other random thing I could find then I brought the 4 DVD urban rebounding box set... my personal favourite is African Bound.
The main thing for me is that the workouts are fun. I don't feel like I am forcing myself to tone up. I get out of breath but don't notice any aching muscles.

The most I have worked out for is 20 minutes. Some days even less than 10 but I stick to it everyday and I am shocked!

Everyone is talking about how much I have lost. Because it is not just the weight. I have lost inches!

Definitely recommended by me. I like that I have the 1/4 fold as I can put it away easily and although they say that it needs 2 people to open and close it, I find it easy to do alone, just be aware of your finger and toes, as it springs open and shut very quickly.

And let me just say that I absolutely adore rebound-uk.com. Their service of over and beyond what is expected of them.
And James in customer service is an absolute champion!
If there is anything you need to query, just contact them.
I thought their speed and service was due to them being a large company, I was surprised to find out that they were in fact a small business. Well they have definitely gained their loyalty with me.
Keep it up guys.
And to all those wishing to purchase, go ahead, you will not regret it.
66 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2014
Fantastic quality rebounder. Really solid ~ I feel very safe using it. It is kind to my knees and I now workout with a smile on my face! Just wish I had got one of these years ago. Well worth paying the extra for this.
on 10 February 2013
I love this. Easy to put up & folds flat for easy storage. DVDs fun & easy to follow with great explanations of techniques. Workout can be as gentle or as vigorous as you require. Really notice a difference too! Good for the whole family & been used by my 13 year old daughter & 76 year old mother! Durable, sturdy & well made. Best exercise trampoline I've used.
on 10 September 2013
After losing 5 stone I just could not shift any more and spent the last few months not losing anything. I have used the rebounder for 6 days and already lost 3 and a half pounds - and that's with the beginners DVD!
on 8 March 2013
What a fantastic interesting way to excercise and lose weight!
I LOVE my rebounder and thoroughly recommend anyone to try it.So good for anyone suffering from arthritic joints as I do-I have felt great benefits of the gentler workouts after only a short time!
One of the best Christmas presents of all time!
on 2 April 2014
The Urban Rebounder is a fabulous piece of engineering, fun, accessible and overall amazing to watch how it works your entire body in one work-out. It arrived folded away and was simple to open and get bouncing! My mother has a rebounder by a well-known brand and it’s simply incredible what the difference is between her one and my new Urban Rebounder. Her one was cheap and simple, yet it’s clear that paying the extra money leads to an invaluable experience with the Urban Rebounder. This is why:

- Customer service was brilliant with fast responses to my quires and worries. James from the company has been so incredibly helpful as I wasn’t sure if this was the right choice to make for my body and rehabilitation after chemotherapy. He was supportive and insightful making the process of choice an easy and secure one.

- The springs on the rebounder make for low impact exercise yet you feel your whole body benefiting. I can’t stress enough how much fun it is, how you feel you are doing a hard-core work out yet smiling along the way. Once I stepped off the rebounder and repeated some of the moves on the wooden floor and got a complete shock at the difference as the painful shock waves shot through my knees. I suffer with knee problems plus lower back yet nothing has flared up during my workouts and if anything my knees and back have massively improved.

- It’s easy to manage, it’s easy to fold away and when the springs get noisy, as James recommended, simply add WD-40 to either ends of the springs and all goes back to normal.

-The DVD’s that came with the rebounder may be a little hard-core for someone like me whom is just beginning after a long time of not exercising, but take it at your own pace and you will find after 4 times (or less) that you can do the entire 30-minute beginners workout. At first I thought it would be impossible but it’s not! You won’t want to stop as it’s fun too and the beginners so far has been great as the workout is diverse making sure all parts of the body are being used. Pay attention to how you should be bouncing, as it’s vital for your body to receive the maximum benefits.

-I have been using the Urban Rebounder on and off over the last 2 weeks. Chemotherapy led to me putting on 2 stones, lacking in confidence and wanting to hide away. I finished chemo over a year ago but this is my first venture into helping my body to get stronger again. The rebounder is slowly building up my confidence on all levels, helping in my relationships and making me put my shoulders back once more to feel proud being me, even with short hair! I’m just 28 but anyone who has been through a tough time can enjoy this process of exercise and see that the body actually LOVES to work out because this is fun! I can’t say if I’ve lost weight but I feel stronger, I can feel my body getting lighter (I never weigh myself) and I also feel happier. What more could you want?!

Try the Urban Rebounder and get bouncing with pleasure and ease, it's clear it's worth investing in something that has been engineered to help your body, not cause pain like my mother's rebounder... If you have a problem, the team always seems ready and willing to help! Overall it’s been a great way to begin a journey towards healing my body and helping it get healthy once more. Worth the investment if you're committed and willing plus know what's good for your body! Go for it and don't put too much pressure on yourself, try and see it as a fun way to get strong again! Enjoy...
on 4 November 2014
I've had many cheap Rebounder's in my time but I decided to flirt with something pricier and I'm hooked :) great quality and bounce, gives me a noticeably better workout. Plus very handily folds up (needs 2 people) and easy to construct
on 3 November 2013
My first rebounder but it has delivered what it says. I feel great in just three weeks and enjoy working out and great for toning the legs. have recommended it to all my friends!
on 5 October 2013
I would highly recommend the Pro Urban Rebounder for anybody who wants to get fit. It is an extremely sturdy product which was very easy to assemble. It was also fantastically easy to use and the DVD that accompanies it is very informative. The after sales service was also amazing, keeping in touch and answering any questions I had almost immediately!
on 10 February 2013
I have to say I was a bit sceptical at first, but I've been rebounding for a month now and dropped a stone in weight and can see a real difference in my fitness!
The workouts are easy to follow, fit in to my own busy schedule, and as they are low impact they don't aggravate my knees!
Perfect workout for me.
I'm over 50 and never thought I'd enjoy exercise so much.