Customer reviews

on 9 July 2009
I worked in sales for 18 months when I bought this audio book. I was a good sales person, but wanted to become the best, and remain the best so thought paying a couple of pounds wouldn't do any harm, even though I'd never heard of Zig Ziglar. At first, I was a little startled at his southern accent, but got used to it and grew to like Zig quickly, almost like he was a friend I had known for years.

It is very inspiring, and motivational. Zig talks about personal experiences and short stories of his own, which are very entertaining and helpful - Things you can apply to life. There's a very inspiring story on this CD about a game of golf Zig had with his son, which I always listen to if I need to be picked up, or need a boost of motivation. It works every time.

As a result of this CD, I consistently achieve 150% to target every single quarter, and have learned how to help my clients make the right choice, and how to make them happy with the solutions I can provide for them.

There's a very inspiring poem he reads at the very end of the CD, and the last words he said will stick with me for the rest of my life, and I love to listen to this part over and over again. You would need to listen to it to get the true power of what he means. But those words are: "I'll see you, and I do me YOU, at the top!!!

Don't think about it, just buy this book. Pay £5 or whatever it is and you will never look back. You have my word on that. I have a cupboard full of sales books / audio CDs. This is the one I urge my colleagues to buy and listen to over anything else.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 19 May 2002
As someone who has always been involved in sales and yet never gone through much formal training Zig helped put structure to some of what I knew and also brought some additional insights into the selling condition. His messages are crisp and easily memorized since he brings his material alive through some great stories. I had not heard of Zig Ziglar prior to coming across "sell your way to the top" on Amazon. Based on the value I got from this work I will now study more of his materials. Not to everyone's tastes but a fun perspective on selling. Recommended.
18 people found this helpful