The Selfish Gene: 30th Anniversary edition Paperback – 16 Mar 2006
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Dawkins's first book, The Selfish Gene, was a smash hit... Best of all, Dawkins laid out this biology - some of it truly subtle - in stunningly lucid prose. (It is, in my view, the best work of popular science ever written.) (H. Allen Orr, New York Review of Books)
The Selfish Gene is a classic. (Robin McKie, The Observer)
A genuine cultural landmark of our time. (The Independent)
Review from previous edition The sort of popular science writing that makes the reader feel like a genius. (New York Times)
Anniversary Edition. Voted 'Author of the Year' at the Galaxy British Book Awards 2007See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Nevertheless I still like reading it from time time (5-10 year intervals is about right).It is not my favourite of his books...that is "The Blind Watchmaker" ....but it should still be on any educated person's shelf (I n my view) and, of course,Hamilton's theory of "Inclusive Fitness" that "Selfish Gene" was written to explain and support, may still defeat the attacks of it's opponents.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A well written, fascinating look at understanding the world by unravelling it's apparent mysteries, however there are several publishing errors towards the latter half of the book,... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Ryan Burrows-Hatcher
Classic work on evolution. Fascinating and informative, but a bit heavy-goingPublished 7 months ago by FirthFoto
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Behaviour
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics