- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Self-esteem: The Costs and Causes of Low Self-worth (Intervention Initiative Programme) Paperback – 26 Nov 2001
|New from||Used from|
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
This report brings together the findings of research projects about the nature, origins and consequences of variations in self-esteem among young people. It considers the potential role of self-esteem in intervention with vulnerable young people and examines the nature of self-esteem. It explores to what extent self-esteem is a quality that some individuals possess more of than others and whether it is a state that fluctuates. The report also highlights the difficulties in relation to measuring changes in self-esteem and how it can be modified through interventions. Most notably, this report outlines what is known about self-esteem and the consequences of high versus low self-esteem, recognising that high self-esteem does not necessarily have only positive outcomes.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Teenagers
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Adolescents
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Popular Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Sociological Theories