Customer reviews

on 20 October 2014
This a very good selection of ee cummings poetry,,I am happy with this book made by the poet himself.
My only regret is that he omits my personal favourite poem:Somewhere I have never travelled,gladly beyond experience,your eyes have their silence: god that's beautiful!
Other than that I am happy with this book of 100 pages at the price given.I can also recommend his '73 poems' collected after his death by his wife.Some real beauties in there as his last poems.
on 23 November 2011
It is worth making the effort to get to know the man's style, careful use of punctuation etc.
In my opinion this book contains some of the best poetry in the English language.... "Lady, through whose profound and fragile lips, the sweet small clumsy feet of April came into the ragged meadow of my soul"... WOW!!!!
on 13 December 2010
You can't really buy this book and give it a bad review, as you already know what you are getting and it is an excellent edition and with very well selected work from Cummings. There are a few poems that will be new to someone approaching Cummings for the first time, but that is what I feel is the beauty of a collection of an author's work, you get more than the works that are constantly put to death, and rid of their meanings by being included in every anthology under the sun. In this collection you get a diverse range of the poet's work and a truer sense of who he is rather than if you were just reading those several well known ones that are quoted in Hollywood movies such as 'In Her Shoes' in a form of fast-food, instant bite culture
on 30 September 2004
Read these on snatched breaks from a little light-deprived office so all the more luminous for the context. It's a simplistic philosophy Cummings has (flowers, pretty girls and life= good, machines, academia and death = bad) but none the worse for it. All that stumbling syntax is worth it I promise- it makes everything fresh somehow. We live in a world in which we must battle against cynicism, apathy and horrible fluorescent lighting: arm yourself with some Cummings I say.
0Comment| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 March 2013
Wonderful, quirky poetry. The lack of punctuation makes it classic and unique * * * * * * * *
on 1 February 2015
Honest description of the product and a quick delivery.
- this edition is slim enough to bring anywhere, I love this book, thank-you
on 8 June 2016
I love EE Cummings and would recommend. All the stuff they never gave you for O level as too naughty.
on 29 January 2002
The first 20 or so poems (from cummings' first collections) are the best. After that, cummings tends to repeat himself, & the style degenerates into formulaic whimsy. His account of his experiences as a 1st World War POW ("The Enormous Room") is also worth reading.
on 14 November 2014
Enjoyable and highly original poet, many poems here I hadn't read before. Good value.
on 4 August 2016
The cover I received does not look like the picture showed.