on 16 November 2015
I have a small watch collection consisting off a Breitling Avenger 2 Seawolf, a Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT and an old (1980s/90s) Seiko SKX Automatic Diver. I was going to breath some life back into my old Seiko and get it serviced but then thought that it would be more cost effective to buy a new watch, after-all, these Seiko Divers are very reasonably priced for the quality of watch you get. Plus, I have always wanted a solar watch. After a bit of research I decided to order the SSC021P1 Solar Chrono. I will not try to compare my lovely new Seiko to my Seawolf, they are two different beasts but what I can say is that I am not disappointed by with the SSC021P1 at all. It came in the box with all warranties and manuals and being solar it started to operate as soon as light hit the dial. The face is very aesthetically pleasing, the watch has a quality feel to it and I cannot fault it at all. I paid £157 for it and feel that I got a watch worth that and more. I personally do not like Seikos rubber diver straps, they are always too stiff and so I have replaced mine with a plain black nylon NATO strap and the watch really looks cool. If you are looking for a reliable, well made, quality diver/tool watch on a budget then I would recommend this watch or any of the other Seiko divers. Can't go wrong. Am tempted to buy another variant in the new year.
on 18 April 2015
I'm a bit watch fan and own quite a few including an Omega Seamaster and several Seikos. However, this solar Divers Chrono is sheer class and, for me, is one of the nicest looking watches I've seen. It's a divers watch and therefore is a bit bigger and 'chunkier' than most of my other watches, but it sits comfortably and looks well on my wrist. Without wishing to appear sexist, it's definitely a mans watch and was great value at £150. Oh and it keeps perfect time too which is a bonus. Would I recommend it? you bet.
on 16 April 2017
Very easy to read. Being solar, when charged up, goes on and on, unlike auto which run down when not worn (what a pain). This watch has kept perfect time. Not keen on the strap so changed it for a Nato.
on 22 December 2014
What I expected. Had a Seiko divers watch before which lasted 20 years. Keeps accurate time so far. I prefer
the rubber strap for comfort and looks. Only criticism is that Seiko have downgraded the strap to a thinner material
which is probably plastic and not rubber and It has destroyed the excellent chunky look of the watch. Still a good product
overall. Great value.
on 26 January 2016
A very good watch for the price, surprisely light for such a large watch, sits well on the arm. The rubber band is chunky feels strong
on 19 October 2014
Came the next day. Excellent quality I own a Omega and a TAG and I bought this for work and it is well made and on a par with other two, but a tenth of the price.
on 21 February 2016
Excellent, nice style, well made, quality watch, good value
on 15 June 2017
As you would expect from Seiko- superb watch at good price. Very light weight and well made.
on 18 January 2015
A great looking watch , accurate very easy to read even without my glasses. Don't forget to screw down the buttons after using the stop watch. Cant go wrong with a seiko , and this one is exceptional. Go for it you won't be disappointed.
on 9 March 2017
Seiko Prospex Solar, what do I say more? High quality watch for a budget price = Seiko.

See one answered question