on 3 June 2011
As a long time lover of divers watches I knew that I would always get a 007 Seiko Diver one day...
I have enjoyed the Seiko Black Monster and played at switching out straps and bracelets but was looking to get something a little less "aggresive" in appearance which I could wear at work as well as when playing.
The choice, then, was between this watch (007) and the Seiko "Spork" SRP043.
I plumped for the 007 as I wanted to save some cash and knew that I loved the 007 having seen it in the flesh, so to speak.
I was not disappointed!! The overall quality of this watch is excellent and seemingly is a perfect size and weight for this type of watch. I opted for the "jubilee" style bracelet and can say that although it is perhaps not as well crafted as a Rolex jubilee it is very, very comfortable and feels almost fluid on the wrist..... The dial is a thing of beauty - clear and purposeful with a matt black finish and large clear white hour markers.The second hand is mesmerising with its little blob of lume at the end and a long white wand sweeps smoothly around the dial.The luminosity of this watch is outstanding and easily lasts all night - so no complaints there either!!!
The bezel is uni directional (anti clockwise only) and is 120 clicks covering the full 60 minutes...perfect for accurate setting and measurement of times up to an hour or beyond..
This watch does not hack or possess a manual winder....just a small shake of the watch is enough to get it going and the automatic rotor then takes over, translating any and all movements of your wrist into stored energy that in turn powers the watch.
Left fully "charged" it will run for 40 hours plus...though this has not been an issue as although I own many, many watches I have found it very hard to leave this one off for even a day in the last month of ownership..
Other nice little touches....oh yes...the day of the week appears in blue for a Saturday and then red for a Sunday which is a weekend reminder and a delight..
Hope you have found this review helpful...It is a lovely watch and well worth the money....
on 27 May 2013
Been wearing this watch for 2 weeks straight after receiving it from Amazon - here's what I think:

Couldn't find this watch in any high street jeweller so had to resort to other people's reviews, watch forums and YouTube videos to decide whether this watch was worth buying. I took a chance and made the purchase thru Amazon. Having owned it for 2 weeks I can say i am not disappointed.

The watch face is simple and clear with no reflective parts to distract . With a matt black face, large dots in place of numbers coupled with a very flat glass - all make it very clear to read, even when looking at it from acute angles. If you look at the watch face direct from the top it looks as if there is no glass there at all.

The case and bezel are polished. Which makes the watch a bit too ' bling ' in my opinion.( Small gripe ).The bezel movement is smooth and accurate. I found the crown not easy to undo or to tighten as it is protected by rather large crown guards . But that is the design feature !.

The jubilee strap is flexible and comfortable to wear and easy to adjust. Some reviewers have said that it is flimsy. I disagree, it's design makes it flex with your wrist , it appears well made and strong enough for any wearer. It's centre links are polished - again makes the whole watch appear 'bling'. But the strap can be easily changed

The automatic movement is accurate enough in my opinion ( more accurate than my Tag Heuer, which cost 10 times more!) I' ve noticed it gaining about 5 seconds each 24 hour period.

Overall the watch is a simple no nonsense divers watch design. Well made and sits distinctively off the wrist. Easily modified if you wish. Hoping that this watch will give me years of reliable service.

Happy shopping

'
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2011
I bought one of these in 1998 as a present to myself when I could first afford a "decent watch". Since then I have also gone on to have a couple of Omegas (Speedmaster and a Seamaster) as well as a couple of other premium Seikos but his one has, without doubt, proved to be the best value of the lot. Throughout all of this time it hasn't missed a beat, it's built like brick outhouse and still looks as good as the day I bought it despite regular use.

The automatic movement is ideal for a diver's watch as battery replacement becomes expensive if water resistant seals need replacing every time, and the supposed loss of accuracy over a quartz movement has proved negligible to non existent in my experience. The face is a lesson in simplicity with big clear lumibrite markings making it easy to see in the dark. The sweep second hand also has a "counterbalance style" lumibrite tab which I think is a nice feature. I find the addition of day as well as date in the 3 o'clock window a useful feature for us "old shift workers" who loose track of which day it is too easily. Adjustment is made using a screw down crown (for those who can't bothered to read the instructions turn it one way to adjust the date and the other for the day), and the depth rating to 20 atm means that it really will perform if called to.

The cost of this watch is a fraction of the service cost alone for my Omegas, yet it has proved more accurate and I think looks just as good. It's a little heavier, but then this is a big heavy watch - and I like it that way.

This model is available on a stainless steel bracelet or rubber strap. My experience with the bracelet was that some of the links stretched over time, I replaced it with a rubber strap (which technically is truer to the ethos being a diver's watch after all) and all has been well since.

This watch is my trusty old friend, and I look forward to many more years together!
VINE VOICEon 6 June 2011
Cheap, generic-looking, plastic box that looks suitable for a watch costing under a tenner. Watch wasn't fastened down so it was clattering about - you could see the scratches all over the box. No instruction manual. I'm sorry, but when you pay this much for a watch you expect a little more. This isn't good enough. I wish I had paid more attention when ordering - I didn't realise it wasn't fulfilled by Amazon. Please AVOID MR WATCH - there are other sellers online. Why take a gamble? I'm wondering whether I have the genuine article. Contacted them and they say Seiko don't supply a manual with this model! They also said that the box was standard for this Seiko 5. However, as anyone with eyes can see, this ISN'T a Seiko 5. Seiko 5s are a cheaper line of watches.
on 5 July 2013
I bought this watch 18 months ago and have had to adjust it every 5-7 days as it was losing +/- 1-2 minutes in this time. Today it has started a new game where it gained 1 hour in 2 hours and 10 minutes. I cannot adjust the day/date no matter how far I pull the adjuster out, it simply does not engage the day/date mechanism. If I don't wear it constantly it will stop overnight. (Usually runs for about 8 hours while it sit on the table then runs out of steam....)
A great looking watch but of little use if it doesn't keep time. Definitely not what one would expect from a genuine Seiko watch methinks!
Back to my faithful Casio again!
on 20 October 2015
Very nice watch but make sure its sold by amazon and not sourced by a partner. The one I had kept good time on the table about 5 seconds a day. But when worn was very unpredictable...could be as bad as a second a minute if you continuously give it a gentle winding type shake.
Amazon were brilliant and sent a prompt relacement.
on 19 January 2016
An extremely good quality ISO divers watch for people who love automatic [no battery] watches. It winds with the movement of your wrist in everyday use so you do need to actually wear it to keep it going. This is an affordable watch but do not confuse that with cheapness because it is top quality and can easily stand against your Tags and other swiss makes and will probably outlast them too,i love it and so will you!!
on 14 September 2015
Bought this as beater to use whilst gardening, etc. The bezel is slightly raised and this protects the crystal face. Quite good as an automatic - gains about five minutes every week. Changed the bracelet for a G10 Nato-style strap.
on 13 December 2012
I bought this watch to replace my Seiko kinetic divers watch,very pleased with this
watch, was able to adjust the strap myself,very easy to do. for the first few days
timekeeping wasn't as good as the kinetic but as i wore it more it settled down and is now keeping in time with my old watch.As it would have cost probably more than £200 to service and replace the glass in my old watch this is certainly good value.
Ita a nice weight,looks good and easy to tell the time in the dsrk. Couldn't rate
this watch highly enough.
A.Garratt
on 20 July 2016
Surprised that it weighs 145g against my previous Seiko at 90g. Good features security locking on bracelet and screw down on winder.
Dislike is the design of the dial/hands which leads to confusion in reading the time. The "number indications" are rather too large and the retro design of hands is not good. So far seems to be loosing time I must watch this more closely.