Seiko snkl17k 1-5 Gent's Automatic Watch Analogue Watch-Grey Face-Grey Steel Bracelet
|Price:||£88.76 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Men's Automatic Watch Movement Silver-Stainless Steel Bracelet
- Warning: It is an automatic watch which works without batteries
- Dial Diameter: 37 mm
- For the first watch winder, it is the shake for approximately two minutes, good normally until the needle move and smooth
- Instruction of commissioning: This model a need to be increased by hand in order to start the mechanism which then wound with the movement of your wrist
- Warning: This is a Men's Automatic Watch which works without batteries
- Watch, Presentation Box
|Dial Window Material Type||Mineral|
|Case Material||Stainless Steel|
|Case Diameter||38 millimetres|
|Case Thickness||12 millimetres|
|Band Material||Stainless Steel|
|Band Width||17 millimetres|
|Bezel Material||Stainless Steel|
|Calendar||Day and Date|
Customers Who Bought This Brand Also Shopped For
Seiko 5 collection. Stainless steel Case and link bracelet. Push button deployment clasp. Silver tone with gold tone dial luminous hands and hour markers. Day and date display. back. See through Case Water resistant to 30 m Scratch resistant Hardlex crystal. Precise movement, Automatic. Case measures 38 mm diameter by 12 mm thick. SNKL17
New Items From Seiko
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
First of all, this is not my first Seiko 5 Automatic, so I'm basing this review against my older model's function.
+ Excellent size / weight / thickness
+ Smooth finish and flush-mounting crown (recesses into the case)
+ Keeps excellent time (so far, as long as you keep it running, see Cons)
+ Expect lots of compliments, as this is a very sharp-looking watch!
+ Perfect watch for every-day, casual, or office-wear
+ Slim fit and good weight (not too heavy) lets you know it is on your arm, but doesn't get in the way or feel like a brick
+ Diameter is perfect for a smaller or mid-size wrist - might look small if you have 9" wrists
+ Exhibition back is smooth, clear, and a nice addition to this watch, plus you can see main function of the watch and winder
+ Dual language day-display is handy and functional, but not the most important feature.
+ Day-of-the-week display is standard, weekdays are in black, Saturday in blue, and Sunday in red.
- Band uses tuning-fork lock-pins which are a beast to remove for band-sizing - fortunately you normally size a band once...
- Crown sits recessed into the case, and is difficult to catch it to extend the crown
- Crown rotation is stiff, even when setting day/date or time (when crown is extended) - have to use my fingernail to catch the knurling.
- Adjustment of the catch is 1/4 and 1/2 of a link, so if you need 3/4 of a link, it will be too tight or slightly loose based on the # of links removed.
The biggest con of them all (and the reason I call this watch a clingy-girlfriend) is the watch MUST be worn daily, for at least 14 hours or it will not keep accurate time. My older Seiko 5 can be worn as little as 8-10 hours per day, and it will continue to keep time (run) for the next 24-30 hours. The older Seiko 5 is also MUCH easier to manually wind, and all it takes is a moment or two winding it daily to keep it running. This watch (after wearing for 16 hours) ran dead in 6 hours the first day, and after wearing 14 hours the second day, it stopped running after 6 hours again!
I will continue to work with it, and hopefully it will get it to the level of my other Seiko 5, or I will have to invest in an auto-winder... because I don't like wearing the same watch day after day.
After wearing the watch daily for two weeks, I took it off on a Friday night, and picked it back up on Sunday morning, and it was still running, and the time was still reasonably accurate.
As with all automatic watches, some degree of inaccuracy is expected, but this watch is gaining roughly 70-seconds over the past week, or +10 seconds per day. Also note, during that week, I only removed my watch to shower, so it was at never "at rest". I will test again for a week by removing it for sleep, and see if the accuracy improves.
This one is exactly what I was looking foir