on 6 June 2013
Thought this was a YA but not disappointed to find it wasn't. Characters and plot great. Put me in mind of Goddes By Accident by P C Cast. Looking forward to rest in series.
on 6 June 2013
This was such an interesting book that had me gripped from the word go. The story was fast paced and the characters had depth. I highly recommend this book.
For 2 years Hope has lived in darkness; blinded by the accident that killed her family. Yet a trio of Gods and a golden eyed man capable of great feats of magic believe she is the one to save the lives and souls of an alien race.

Although Hope has adapted to her blindness and maintains a level of independence in her own home; her transportation to a magical new world completely disorientates her. Found by healer Blayne she finds herself completely reliant on him. Yet Hope is changing in her new world, and her now golden eyes mark her as a direct link to Blayne's Gods and capable of performing miracles. Yet Hope has a purpose in her new world. She may find love with Blayne and a new adoptive family; however the reason she was brought to this world is to fight a deadly enemy.

"Seer's Hope" is a fabulous start to this fantasy romance trilogy. The characters introduced are great; such as Dayamar, Varaya and the mysterious Chryss, plus the three Gods that interact with Hope and their people. The story line is very moving in places, plus the budding romance between Hope and Blayne certainly heats up. I did though have a few niggles with the story line, and although some of my questions were answered, they were not answered thoroughly enough to explain some of what Hope has to endure. The ending was heart breaking, and I'll certainly be checking out "Seer's Promise" and "Seer's Choice" to discover the outcome of Hope's actions. 4½ stars
on 26 August 2013
There is nothing wrong about a protagonist dragged in to another world to become magical and the heroine. This is a time honoured idea and the twist of the the protagonist being blind was fine. The descriptions of the world she landed in were good and all of the characters were easy to distinguish and had memorable names.

There is of course a however. This story is slow (in the sense that not very much happens) and when something does happen there is never any real problem and all gets sorted out within minutes. Throughout the story the climax is foreshadowed but the actuality is pretty much a damp squib. There is never any real doubt as to the outcome and the twist at the end was so obvious that I assume that all the readers picked it up when the incident occurred.

In general I got the impression that the author likes their characters too much to put them in any real danger which weakens the book.
on 15 September 2013
I wasn't sure if I would like this when I read a synopsis of the story but once I began reading it I couldn't put it down! The style is easy to read while at the same time being detailed enough to bring the world it describes alive. It is well paced and the characters are interesting enough to make you care what happens to them. The only negative I have with this book, and it probably says more about me than the book, is that I had difficulty remembering some of the character names as a few of them were similar. However this didn't spoil my enjoyment just made me feel old!
on 18 July 2013
The book starts of very well I thought and immediately got my attention. However through out the book I thought it was very slow and did not really like it that much. Closer to the end their is some good action and I liked this more. However the in between chapters I found to be boring village life and a bit of this is fine but personally I tout there was to much of that. Otherwise it is a good book and I thought a good story line in general.
on 15 July 2013
I originally downloaded it on my Kindle as it was a free purchase. I was very surprised how quickly I got into. Thoroughly enjoyed it, to the extent that I proceeded to buy the next two in the trilogy. To be fair the sequels didn't break the bank and was equally enjoyable. The style of writing flows easily and the characters are very strong. Highly recommended.
on 10 August 2013
Hope is a good name for the heroine of this story, and I found that I could relate to her fears as she described them. Her blindness made her very vulnerable and Blayne as her carer was much needed in her life. The story is certainly one that takes you to different planes in life, and yet has a story that romantics would like.
on 28 June 2013
I was really hooked while reading this book and the fact that it was out of this world made it more believable. I was sceptical sling with hope but soon grew to live the characters along with hope, the ending was do unexpected and sad that I hope that they get their ending and hope can be forgiven by blane.
on 11 August 2013
Hope is a blind girl dragged from her own world to another, completely different world, where she has to come to terms with another life and acceptance of strange new powers.
This story is original, well written and flows beautifully.
I'm off to read the next one in the series...