on 17 May 2013
This is an excellent computer - fast and much quieter than my old one though it isn't silent, as seems to be implied. There is a constant fan noise which presumably is from the power unit fan but it is quieter than a 'normal' PC that constantly runs 2 fans. It gets noisier under heavy use but it's not too intrusive. It recognised my monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers and printer instantly.

It comes with a program called ASRock Instant Boot which I enabled yesterday but then had to disable as it wouldn't let me turn off at night - I shut down and it went through the motions then re-booted by itself. As I don't like to waste power I switch everything off at night. This program had 2 options - one 'standard' and one that asked for power to be left on. I chose standard but it didn't give me the chance to switch the power off before re-boot. In any case, the machine boots fast enough (about 15 seconds) without it so I'm not bothered.

ASRock also is meant to give faster USB and LAN but all I've noticed is that it alters the way my external hard drive connects and I have to try to eject it before disconnecting now which it normally won't allow as it says it is still being used (it isn't) and if I just disconnect as I used to do, it then wants to 'scan and fix' it when I reconnect.

ASRock fast LAN sits in the bottom right hand corner of the screen as a fairly big transparent information box showing internet usage and traffic. It is annoying and intrusive to me so I can't say I've studied it as I just keep closing the window whenever it appears (it does so spontaneously occasionally). Probably a good idea but I don't like it myself.
(Update a few days later): I have read a bit more about ASRock and apparently it is a huge help to people who watch a lot of streaming videos and/or play online games as it gives you the opportunity to prioritise internet and computer resources for smoother viewing and gaming. As I do neither I didn't understand at first.

All in all I'm very pleased with the computer and storage space is definitely not an issue on this machine. Programs automatically install themselves onto the 120Gb C-drive and the E-drive is a lovely big 1Tb that came completely empty, ready to fill with movies, files and photos (and games if that's your thing). I still like to run a lot of old software and being new to Windows 7 I wasn't sure if I could still use it, but almost everything works as you can choose compatibility modes to run them, though with my Wordperfect Office 12 suite I did have to make a minor regedit tweak (after searching for ages online) before it would run properly.

As for delivery - I ordered it on 7th May and was given dispatch estimates of 9th or 10th. It left the manufacturer in Berlin on the evening of 10th. Delivery was estimated between 10th to 13th (fair enough, this did include a weekend). The parcel went to 3 different depots in Germany, arriving at the last on Saturday early morning. It then sat there over the weekend and all of Monday, finally leaving on Tuesday morning and arriving in the UK on Tuesday evening. Over night it went to another UK depot then came to me on the evening of 15th. UPS said all along that delivery would be on 15th so why did Amazon/Sedatech give a delivery estimate of 10th to 13th? Misleading if I hadn't been tracking the parcel.

That said, I am very happy with my purchase and I think this computer is very good value for money.
44 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 July 2013
This configuration is pretty ok for a desktop replacement, especially if you're on a tight budget. A4-5300 should be enough for daily browsing routine, office applications and even casual gaming. Don't expect to run the latest games on this, but also you won't be disappointed with the included Radeon for some older ones or with medium settings. The possibility for OC is there, but I didn't test it yet. The case is good quality and overall the pc is quiet.

I didn't care about storage, the existing 500gb could be easily extended (internal HDD, there is already space in the rack for it) or with external drives (4 front USBs and 6 in the back should be sufficient). The RAM is only 4GB, which might be not enough if you're running more demanding apps. On the bright site, an upgrade to 8-12 gb is not so expensive these days.

Delivery on time with serious packaging (box inside a box).
on 18 October 2015
The pc arrived quickly and well packaged.
After unboxing and retrieving the power cord from inside the unit it was nice to see everything in its place in the tower and all the cables routed very neatly. The pc was all ready to fire up with the windows 8.1 installed and does everything it should at great speed. Video's play seamlessly and photo shop runs like a dream. I have not played any games on the pc yet so can't comment on it's gaming capabilities but everything else works great. The pc is very quiet and the USB 3.0 transfers videos in no time at all. The only snag I have come across with the unit is I have not been able to find the serial number on the motherboard so as to register it for automatic updates. I have say all in all me and my family are very pleased with our SEDATECH PC. Gary Postlethwaite
on 12 January 2016
Delighted with this product it is well built with ample USB's ports front and back and even pin connections for my old speakers as well as HDMI.The P C arrived with preloaded Windows 8.1 and I had no difficulty upgrading to windows 10 free. The contents included instruction in English and Windows 8 Disc also Processor Data Book and Disc and oddly a small sachet of spare casing screws. The HDD and SSD drives run extremely quietly and very fast.Start up is also very quick.
on 6 December 2015
For the specifications and price paid (£211.14) this is a bargain. Speedily delivered and exactly what we were after with enough ram, fast enough processor and a reasonably smart looking case. at least according to my 14 year old daughter, our family are happy purchasers.

I'd certainly buy Sedatech again.
on 1 January 2014
This PC was delivered on time and with the correct spec. However on setting it up there was only a brief flash of a video display. I contacted the seller in Berlin and between us we managed to get a decent display working, but only because I had a spare Geforce 9600 GT video card available.
I would recommend this product but consider adding a decent video card from the start.
on 22 June 2015
My wife loves her new PC, and at the price I got it for, it was a blooming bargain, would love one for myself, but they seem to have gone up in price, very well packaged, nice fast delivery, no problems, would definitely recommend this company.
on 19 June 2016
Recommended.
Can get cheaper machines from 'box shifters' but you know exactly what you are getting from these guys.
There is a 'no OS' option as well so you don't have to pay the vendor lock-in, enforced, 'OS tax'.
(Could this be reclaimed on other machines?)

Built, tested, despatched. Standard parts, so easily modifiable as required.
on 21 October 2016
Not sure quite what to say about this machine. Blew away all my expectations at this price point - SSD, Mechanical drive, enough ram and a pretty nippy processor. Installed windows 10 and never looked back, one seriously impressive machine for the price I paid.
on 10 April 2017
Incredible spec for the money.
Excellent quality, value and service