on 7 January 2015
Be very careful if you order a machine from this company. Firstly, they are located in Berlin, Germany, which isn't apparent on first glance, but became important in my dealings with them.
I ordered and received my machine as scheduled. It was the first time I had had a machine with windows 8 on it and I was expecting to have a bit of a learning curve with it. I got more than I bargained for having set the machine up and fired it up to discover they had installed a French version of windows 8 on it, a language I do not speak.

I contacted them, and to be fair they replied in perfect English that it was an error, although on our first exchange I don't think they believed me. My choice was to return the machine (I had ordered this because my previous one had died) and be without a machine for a further extended period over Christmas and the New Year, or change the language. I decided to try to change the language, bearing in mind that on a French keyboard the letters are in different places and I had never done this before in English, never mind a language I don't understand.

To cut a very long story short, it was a nightmare, and ended up with me twice re-installing the whole operating system taking with it all the motherboard chipset software and presets that are factory installed. The first re-install gave nothing but errors because I installed all of the software on the disc for fitted components some of which was shareware and beta!
The second although better was not right but usable. Further communication gave me my option.....send it back for a 'proper' re-install ( no offence intended I'm sure) and be without a machine which I need, for however long it took, or lump it. I ended up paying someone local to me to sort it out which they did.

This was an avoidable pain for me, and an ideal solution would have been for the company to send me what I ordered and then I could have sent them back their mistake, but no such offer was made. I had neither the time nor the inclination to spend more hours exchanging emails trying things trying to sort out their/my mess.

The machine itself? Does what it says on the tin, but would I buy from here again? No.
14 people found this helpful
on 9 February 2015
Really nervous when I purchased this item. It was to be couriered from Berlin. Bought on Wednesday, arrived two on the Friday. Well wrapped and protected. Took care to open it and read the literature supplied. One of the first things I saw and read were the words, we warranty this product for 7 days for any hardware failure for repair and replacement. That was reassuring, of course that was on top of the usual 1 year warranty. Provided with all drivers discs and the Windows 8.1 disk. (I haven't had a windows disc since Windows 98!) Plugged it in, switched it on, purred like a kitten. There was a minor problem with Windows updates. For some reason the updates caused the PC to crash. I checked Sedatech web site and saw they weren't open until Monday, This was Saturday. So I decided to remain calm and call them on Monday. I did decide to send an e mail to forewarn them that I would be calling. As it was I had an e mail back from them within a couple of hours, Fantastic, with some advice and link to a You tube video relating to my product and formatting the SSD and reinstalling Windows. As it was I had managed to get into Safe Mode so did a reinstall of Windows and reinstalled all the other drivers from the supplied discs. Perfect, all working again. Have now been using it all weekend and I love it. I am not a gamer, I am a wedding photographer and need a unit that can handle heavy image processing. Typically I can be working on galleries of thousands of images and other PC's have really struggled. This works perfectly and is providing the performance I was seeking. Everything is instant and loading huge galleries is a breeze. So only a few days in with a small glitch, which was software related, with good support when the supplier was actually listed as closed and I am extremely happy. The unit is beautiful and is eating up everything I am asking it to do. Only a few days in but so far I would certainly recommend the product and support.
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 January 2016
I paid £443 for it and for that price I have to give it 5 stars. The SSD was a Kingston but as I am using that for the boot drive I am happy with that. The CPU is correct and is an I7 4790, two sticks of 4GB ram, and has lots of space inside for a full sized GPU. The case is fine (a bit boring looking but does the job.) And overall for 443 quid I have to give it 5 stars. Now if I had paid £700 plus I would take a star, or two off, as it would be very average value for money. When I priced up all the parts I couldn't build it cheaper myself so if you can pick one up for sub-500 quid then you should jump at it. Also buy direct from Amazon rather than Sedatech as Amazon customer service is very easy to deal with I(if needed.)

Edit: Installed WIn 10, added my graphics card and tested last night. It played fantastically- very quiet, light to move around and the CPU is cracking. For example a game like GTA V made my CPU run at 100% but with this CPU it runs at around 45-50% (and is smoother to boot.)
on 22 May 2015
Excellent product! I’ve had it for 10 days and it’s exactly as described. Every component is very high quality. The specifications are exactly what I need from a computer that can easily handle movies and games on “ultra-high” settings for years to come.

I previously knew little about processors, RAM, graphics cards, SSD v HDD, Full HD etc. But research on each item clearly highlighted this product is very, very high quality. Certainly way better than what companies on the high street tried to sell me as “top of the line”.

All the software came pre-installed and ready to use when you first switch it on. With the Windows and system software installed on the SSD the start-up time is very fast. I can press the power button and have Windows loaded, then power down again twice in 1 minute.

The larger HDD drive then provides huge storage for games, movies or other chunky items.

Sedatech allowed me to customise the product with an internal wireless internet card and a combined DVD/Blu-Ray player (in place of the regular DVD player) for an additional £60.

They provided very quick and helpful service when I had a few questions before and after delivery. The item was delivered from Germany by UPS 6 working days after my order. If only everyone was so reliable!

All in all this product is a significant step up from my previous machine. And worth every penny.

I'd not previously bought from Sedatech but they were selling pretty much exactly what I wanted and let me customize the rest. I looked around and this was easily the best for my budget. And I’ve ended up more satisfied than I’d even optimistically hoped for.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 February 2016
This is a bit of a beast :)

Luckily it seems I paid way under the odds for this computer, not a chance i would have found this for less from any source.

first things first, came all completely installed (windows 7 with key) however BE AWARE you will need a MINI HDMI to display on a monitor, as this displays directly from the graphics card's ports and a mini HDMI is the only one it has available. Slight let down that wasn't advised at some point, but not nearly enough to take away from an other wise surprisingly powerful and versatile PC.

I mostly use this for gaming (warcraft, star craft, HOTS, far cry etc) and this handles the hell out of them. It will play WoW on ultra locked at 30 FPS. at High settings it was locked to 60FPS. these do not drop at all during 25 man boss fights and it looks great.

The most graphically challenging game would be Far Cry 3, this also does 40-50 frames a second on high settings.

i plan to use this for video editing also, and seems as it will manage this with panache also.

Very well recommended if you can get this at same price i did, as have now seen it at almost double! (I paid £385) and for around this mark, nothing is going to beat the specs on this pc.
on 10 June 2015
Amazing fast delivery - I ordered on a Saturday lunchtime and it was with me less than 24 hours later (Prime).
I've had the PC a couple of weeks now, and I'm very pleased with it.
It starts up very fast, it's silent and the graphics are great, I added a wireless internet card and had no problems with the installation.
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 28 September 2014
Very fast, I have put a lintel SSD drive and it is much quicker than the 2tb hdd that was included.
Looks great and plenty of connectivity for devices.
4 people found this helpful
on 21 November 2015
Nice PC seems well put together and having gone through the parts used they seems to be good quality branded parts.
I bought this for my daughters to play games on and would class this as mid range gaming machine running games at medium settings at 1080p smoothly.
So far very happy with my purchase at the price I paid it was a bargain would buy Sedatech brand again.
on 8 August 2015
All good. It plays sims and allows for endless One Direction to be played whilst talking endlessly to friends and ignoring of parents.
on 28 February 2016
bought for a customer as i had no other way to send them a replacement system after Christmas, no issues so far.