on 7 October 2014
With names like Autumn Raine and Nathan Regan you expect something special and author Mandy Baggot has your senses tingling!

You feel Autumn’s pain for what she’s been through and you find yourself wanting to protect a character who feels very, very real. Then there is Nathan Regan. Sizzle. He’s tough, determined and takes the business of personal protection very seriously indeed. He’s the definition of a true professional, putting himself at risk without a moment’s hesitation. If you were in a jam he’s the person you would want on your side.

There are plot twists that will keep you turning the pages and, in places, holding your breath. I just loved the character named Tawanda. While she, too, was a surprise in several ways, she brought a little something extra to the emotional mix. You could feel the angst flying off the pages and there is drama, love, intrigue and adventure a-plenty. And an ending you are guaranteed not to forget!
on 27 April 2013
Mandy's ability to write incredibly irrestible male characters is second-to-none. I have fallen for every male character in every story, and Security is no exception!

Autumn Raine is the typical sassy young pop star, someone who's life is not their own, thanks to agents and PA and schedules. However, her very mudane yet outwardly-fabulous life is rocked by revalations from her mother, she is forced to face some incredibly tricky moments! Can she recover from the secrets? Will she ever like Nathan? Will she survive?

The pace of the story is quick and remarkably intriguing - I found myself unable to put it down! Then again, once you've read one of Mandy's novels you'll feel the same about each and every one!
on 1 August 2016
I'm not going to spoil the story for you because I hate it when people do that.... All I'll say is read this and weep and cry and laugh and fall in love with Autumn & Nathan 😀 oh Nathan... He's wonderful!
on 16 August 2013
This wasn't what I expected, I think I'd got Bodyguard in my mind, but I loved it. The twists and turns kept me going, the political intrigue, and yes I bawled my eyes out like a baby, I wasn't expecting any of that! I did guess some bits right though ;-)

Autumn starts off as a spoiled brat, but as you get to know her you see that it's just a veneer, deep down she's an extremely vulnerable and lonely girl. At the start Nathan isn't very endearing either. Both characters are very well written, and totally draw you into the story, the side characters evoke strong emotions as well.

This was an entertaining read, but then, with this author I knew it would be.
on 2 November 2013
I really enjoyed this book!

after reading so much paranormal romance, which can be quite heavy and very very steamy, this was a refreshing change!

the characters are all very well rounded, and highly believable. I mean, an opinionated spoilt pop star?? very believable. the plot is nothing too complicated, but just enough to keep you going, and wanting to know what's actually going on.
some spice, and violence, but nothing too graphic or explicit.
I highly recommend this book, and will be on the look out for others by this author
on 17 June 2013
I took this book on holiday in great anticipation because I'd read the blurb, already seen some of the fabulous blogger reviews, and I knew I was in for a treat. I was not disappointed. This book has everything that I personally love to find in a romance novel - a heroine who grows on you, a hero to fall madly in love with, an action packed passion fuelled storyline than grabs you and takes you along for the read - oh and know I've really enjoyed myself when I shed a few tears along the way. (I had to pretend I had suncream in my eyes at one point). There is romance, adventure, suspense, and ups and downs that have your heart racing and pulse pounding. I loved it and highly recommend `Security'. Mandy Baggot is now one of my very favourite authors!
on 17 June 2014
The first novel I've been able to read in a year (due to time restraints) and I was delighted that 'Security' pulled me into the story straight away. A lively on-your-toes tale full of flirty romance and a twisty plot. Entertaining.
on 15 June 2014
Occasionally I'm not averse to putting my feet up and reading some chic-lit and this isn't the WORST book I've ever read. But I gave up at 66%. I just didn't care what happened and, despite getting it for free last year, I just couldn't waste any more time on it.

Autumn is the most annoying, clichéd character you could wish for and, by about the 3rd chapter I was hoping "Nathan" would throw her under a bus. I didn't find it realistic that he would grow to look past that and see the "beautiful woman" as men rarely work that way with whiney, silly women that make them shout.

I also didn't find it realistic that someone that eats and throws up would, overnight, start eating heartily. And the names of the rap artists just made me cringe.

Clearly a lot of people have enjoyed it far more than me - but if you generally like something with a bit of depth, don't expect to like this book.
on 27 February 2014
This was the first book I've read by the author - and I will be back to read more. The characters were very believable - at first there were times when I could have strangled Autumn, but she grew on me (as she did on Nathan!). And I'm just a sucker for a strong hero like Nathan - not perfect, but I definitely would have hung around for more! Loved it :-)
on 18 August 2013
Got this e book because it was a romance, and reading the reviews, I thought I'd give it a try, so glad I did, couldn't put itdown, had me on the edge wanting to know what was happening and how it was going to end. And I wasn't disappointed, very good story and so glad I chose it.