- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 01 edition (18 Aug. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 013100851X
- ISBN-13: 978-0131008519
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 2.8 x 22.9 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,994,156 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
.NET Security and Cryptography (The Integrated .NET Series from Object Innovations) Paperback – 18 Aug 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Learn how to make your .NET applications secure!
Security and cryptography, while always an essential part of the computing industry, have seen their importance increase greatly in the last several years. Microsoft's .NET Framework provides developers with a powerful new set of tools to make their applications secure. NET Security and Cryptography is a practical and comprehensive guide to implementing both the security and the cryptography features found in the .NET platform. The authors provide numerous clear and focused examples in both C# and Visual Basic .NET, as well as detailed commentary on how the code works. They cover topics in a logical sequence and context, where they are most relevant and most easily understood. All of the sample code is available online at <www.objectinnovations.com/library/books/books_dotnet.html>.
This book will allow developers to:
- Develop a solid basis in the theory of cryptography, so they can understand how the security tools in the .NET Framework function
- Learn to use symmetric algorithms, asymmetric algorithms, and digital signatures
- Master both traditional encryption programming as well as the new techniques of XML encryption and XML signatures
- Learn how these tools apply to ASP.NET and Web Services security
About the Author
Peter Thorsteinson is a systems analyst who has been programming, teaching, and developing instructional materials for software development for more than ten years. He is interested in all aspects of C++, Java, and C#, as well as ATL, COM+, .NET, and J2EE. Peter has a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Manitoba, and is coauthor of .NET Architecture and Programming Using Visual C++ and Application Development Using Visual Basic .NET, both published by Prentice Hall PTR.
G. Gnana Arun Ganesh is a developer, author and .NET consultant. He leads the .NET Technology Group at Web Prodigies, and is the host of the .NET Reference Guide area on InformIT. Arun is one of the authors of the course material for Object Innovations, which offers training in fundamental software technologies. He has published more than 50 articles about .NET technology on various .NET-related Web sites.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The recent initiatives on Trustworthy computing from Microsoft are also very welcome in this perspective. This could help most of the developer to think twice before they write some code which interacts with public systems like internet.
The current book that I am reading (well..to improve my skills in writing secure code ;-)) is "The .NET Security and Cryptography" by Mr. Gnana Arun Ganesh and Peter Thorsteinson. I found this book as very different to read because, right from the first chapter, it made me think like a hacker which is very unlikely of my mindset as a developer. But as this book's preface denotes an old proverb "Think like a fish, if you wanna catch it", the authors of this book tried thier level best to implement the same wherever it is possible. Thanks Guys.
The coolest part of this book is it's practical approach towards the problems in security. You will find detailed explanations and code examples or graphical representations whereever you need of them. This approach gives a relief to the code-N-test developers. Most of the topics are covered with code and graphical representation just as it was taught by some professor in any university.
On .NET lines, this book covers ASP.NET security and web services security, the topics every developer looks for..along with Cryptography lessons from .NET perspective. There is a whole chapter dedicated for "Code Access Security" which made me feel the "Value for Money" and satisfaction as a developer.
The authors of this book has taken one more care at the end of the book. This books ends with a sneak overview of Web services to ensure thier focus towards next generation development platforms and the need of mentioning that. My overall rating is : Gold..Just go and grab one.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Microsoft Windows
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Applications
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Website Design