- Hardcover: 311 pages
- Publisher: IGI Global (30 Dec. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1599046393
- ISBN-13: 978-1599046396
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2.4 x 28 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,190,569 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Securing Web Services: Practical Usage of Standards and Specifications (Premier Reference Source) Hardcover – 30 Dec 2007
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
"This book concerns security aspects of SOAP-based Web services [through a collection of whitepapers]. The core of SOAP security is a set of WS-* specifications--including WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation--built on the security header defined by WS-Security. This core was introduced by IBM and Microsoft in a 2002 white paper. Again, from the outset the emphasis is on interoperability."
Lastly, this book has almost nothing to do with what the vast majority of the Internet considers to be web services and focuses solely on SOAP based services, XML and similar ilk. If you're a physicist, mathematician or other academic type and have been asked to write a business to business SOAP based service, this book is probably ideal. Otherwise, don't waste your money.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > E-business
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Purchasing & Supply
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Purchasing & Procurement
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Languages
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming
- Books > Science & Nature > Veterinary Science