Secular Evolution of Galaxies (Canary Islands Winter School of Astrophysics) Hardcover – 2 Sep 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Based on the twenty-third Winter School of the Canary Islands Institute of Astrophysics, this volume presents reviews from nine world-renowned experts on the observational and theoretical research into secular processes, and what these processes can tell us about the structure and formation of galaxies.
About the Author
Dr Jesús Falcón-Barroso is Head of the Research Group on 'Traces of Galaxy Formation' at the Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias, Tenerife. His main research areas include the development of stellar population models, unraveling the nature of bars and bulges, and the formation and evolution of dwarf elliptical galaxies.
Dr Johan H. Knapen is Head of the Research Division at Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias, Tenerife, and a visiting professor at the University of Hertfordshire. He is an observational astronomer studying the structure, dynamics and evolution of spiral galaxies.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Astronomy & Cosmology > Astronomy
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Aeronautics & Aerospace
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Astronomy & Cosmology