- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 329 KB
- Print Length: 165 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Lean Marketing Press (31 Jan. 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1905430035
- ISBN-13: 978-1905430031
- ASIN: B0036OSC7U
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #239,446 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£9.99|
Save £2.53 (25%)
The Secrets Of Successful Women Entrepreneurs: How Ten Leading Business Women Turned a Good Idea into a Fortune Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book delivers on the promise in a punchy, fast and easy to read style that enables you to learn from these role-models' attitudes, successes AND mistakes.
The 7 Steps at the end also really helps you to structure your own actions as a result of the inspiration found in the profiles. So you're not left feeling motivated but with no direction.
Owners and managers who saw where they worked as a machine would tend to be autocratic, look for problems to solve, view suppliers, competitors and other stakeholders as manageable or potentially undesirable elements. This model lends itself to work study, rigid quality improvement programmes, a `tight ship' mindset and overall it is very yang, very masculine.
The living organisation model, which for me was the only place I was motivated to work in [or the goal of my `interventions' was to get from machine to living entity as soon as possible] holds immense promise. It is the opposite of the above, and most significantly, is female, yin.
Sue Stockdale opens her excellent book with seven steps to success, to quote her these steps `focus on the softer issues...'
This book is much more than how ten women turned good ideas into fortunes. And it gives examples of women who use the more masculine style of leadership.
I was drawn to it, because my wife is a successful entrepreneur, albeit at first a reluctant one. It appeals to me for reasons already given. It has value because passion, having a vision, being committed, having courage all pay dividends.
Ask anyone `in the street' to name geniuses, and almost all will name men. Ditto entrepreneurs. And yet interestingly, when I worked with dozens of boys in a tough Walsall Comprehensive, almost all of them regarded their mums as role models.
So, the future might well be female; God help us all if it's the extreme machine mind-set. Nearer to home, read this book, be inspired by the fascinating women chronicled in it, and start up your living business. You might also find some geniuses in there...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great little book shows that the women can do it as well as menPublished 22 months ago by Thisledome
Interesting book but I am not sure the book delivers what the title promised. I felt let down by the contentPublished on 10 Mar. 2014 by Francesca Donati
Buught by mistake, flicked through and it looks like an ok read but not for me as needed more advice rather than others success stories.Published on 5 Jan. 2014 by L Brown
Be competitive, let your kids raise themselves... I don't think so! Oh dear, that's about it. Does not go into any depth.Published on 10 Oct. 2013 by Claira
I don't understand why this book has so many good reviews. It is very poorly written - in the style of a ten-year-old writing a report for school. Read morePublished on 24 July 2013 by Jess
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Professionals & Academics > Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biography & True Accounts > Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Management & Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Small Business & Entrepreneurship