- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 2685 KB
- Print Length: 384 pages
- Publisher: Hawkley Books; 2 edition (7 July 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003X4KW3A
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 5 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #196,839 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Secret Thunder (Lords of Conquest) (Lords of Conquest-The Périgueux Family Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 384 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 1 of 2 in Lords of Conquest-The Périgueux Family (2 Book Series)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
After one particularly disturbing incident, Luke spends two months in a monastery in order to become well from the effects of the catnip and is eventually rewarded for his military efforts through the gift of a wife and her ancestral home. She's a young widow, Faithe of Hauekleah, whose husband was killed by the conquering Normans. Even though Faithe is mortified by the prospects of having a Norman as a husband, she's determined to not lose her ancestral home and decides to make the best of it.
I found Luke to be honorable and not beastly at all. However, he had persuaded himself of some truths that had to be wrenched out of his mind in order to move forward into a happy and rewarding life with Faithe. I admired Faithe for her willingness to give her husband the best opportunity possible to become the respected master of his new property even though he was one of the hated Norman conquerors. However, there are dark matters in Luke's past that he's unwilling to come clean about due to his fears Faithe will no longer love him once she learns of these secrets.Read more ›
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Fiction > Historical
- Books > Romance > Historical Romance > Medieval
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > British & Irish > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance