Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 26 July 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from the moment I started reading it. Its charachterisation and storyline is excellent and I could not put it down. The style reminds me very much of writers like Scott Mariani and Andy mcDermott and if you enjoy their books, you will love this. William and Ella are definitely charachters who are begging for many exciting literary adventures and I look forward to reading their next exploits together.
on 21 September 2011
As with the other reviews I totally agree this is an excellent read and very good value for money. I have read so many authors I would never have read otherwise, since being given my kindle as a present. And this book is another one of those, I will certainly be looking out for the next book by Graham Thomson. He writes a thrilling thriller with great characters and a good plot line.
on 4 February 2012
Over the last 18 months I have read a lot of books that I would never have read in my previous life as a 'hard' book reader. I have now read 168 books on the kindle and as I am not rich I have read many cheap,<£1 books by unknown - at least to me - authors. I think it is great on one level that people who would never have got a publishing deal can now self publish on Amazon - in fact I am writing one myself!

In terms of genre this one sits in a long line of books that were motivated by the success of The Da Vinci Code and is a reasonable attempt with some nice little snippets of interesting information - especially in the early stages - e.g. around the conversion of the Romans to Christianity. I liked the main characters although unlike the Bond books that other reviewers have mentioned, the current trend seems to be to make the characters more vulnerable and less super human. This is fine on one level but makes them look a bit stupid on another as they always seem to be relying on luck to survive!

Anyway the 'readability' factor is good meaning that it is an easy book to read. There are no real surprises and the plot is weak, the bad guys very stereotypically evil/mad and the finale a bit silly.

I had no problems with the suspension of belief and the story was good enough that I didn't really notice the typo's mentioned by others.

Well worth the money.
on 21 August 2011
Great read, enjoyed it from start to finish. The story unfolds beautifully, and the excitement keeps building.

The writer's descriptions of the characters captivated me very early on, and reminiscent of Fleming's Bond novels (unlike the films), the story is rooted much more in reality than most spy thrillers.

I read this on recommendation from a friend, and would definitely recommend this myself.

This was one of the better books I've read in a fair while.

Larry B
VINE VOICEon 24 November 2012
This is a mystery thriller and is actually quite a gripping read until you get to the last quarter of the book. Action packed and gruesome at times the plot does hold your attention. From a very James Bondesque employer our troubled and eager protagonist jumps into a case to help a damsel in distress, they are tracked, shot at and finally caught by a mysterious secret organisation.

The story is great, if not perhaps a hundred pages too long. Just when you think things will climax and lose ends will be tied up the story chugs, rather half-heatedly, in another direction. I suspect the prolonged ending is to fit in more action, helicopters and guns but really adds nothing more to the story. The author has a hang up with the upper classes it seems and characters are physically described as "well bred" and having a "posh accent". this gets tiresome and the class distinction is to drive home what point exactly? We never do actually find out any secrets which is a let down, perhaps in the sequel? If I have the strength. Dialogue could have been better and the tender romantic moments were a touch cringeworthy.

In summary I loved the first 3/4 of the book and hoped for a better ending. This had great potential and proof reading plus an editor could have only made it better. I have read quite a few Indie books in the past year and like singing, everyone thinks they can write. Well this author can but I hope the next book (?) is a little more refined.
on 13 June 2011
I downloaded this to my Kindle on recommendation from a friend who had read it. Really impressed with the depth and breadth of the story. It is good to see characters that are closer to real life than one often sees within a novel. There was an excellent, sensible and well thought out plot, some intrigue via the historical references mentioned and even a code to break. I would recommend this book to anyone and wish the author every success with further books and even getting published.
on 24 June 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. It read like a James Bond movie and was gripping from the start! Being a history buff, I loved the classical storyline. I'm hoping for a sequel!
on 7 January 2013
Good gripping tale. Yes it did remind me of a James Bond story but so what! The book was well written and allowed the reader to fully get lost in the setting. Was predictable in parts but I still found it enjoyable. Would recommend.
on 1 September 2013
This novel follows a well trodden path: a secret society intent on world domination for no very obvious reason, various gizmos and gadgets to help the bad guys achieve their aim, and other gadgets employed by the good guys to stop them. Some of these actually exist, like Echelon, while others such as the hypersonic UAV, for example, categorically do not, and the author seems confused over what the Ebola virus actually does to its victims. There are one or two unexplained jumps in the plot, and just enough spelling and grammatical errors ('waste' instead of 'waist', 'brake' instead of 'break', that kind of thing, and confusion over gerunds and apostrophes) to irritate the reader, but the writing itself is not bad and the story moves along at quite a satisfactory pace. In short, fairly typical of other books of this type.
on 15 March 2015
The story was unoriginal and the writing unrefined and full of annoying typos and errors. Better proof reading needed. I kept putting it down but stuck with it to the end which the writer enjoyed far more than I did. Wouldn't read another by this author, sorry.