Format: DVD|Change

This series was obviously inspired by the superb "Beiderbeck Affair" in which James Bolam starred with Barbara Flynn. As in the third and final Beiderbeck (Beiderbeck Connection) the series seems to flounder a bit without a good comic background plot.
However this is the first of the five seasons that the sitcom ran from 1991 to 1994 comprising in all forty nine episodes.
Fortunately Faith Greyshott (Bellingham) and Bill McGregor (Bolam) make a good couple tentatively starting out on a new relationship after their divorces. The obstacles in their way are Bill's ex wife Liza (Lang) who is very good as a kind of devils advocate meddling in the burgeoning relationship. I feel Faith's two children Hannah (Sawalha) and Joe (Denham) accept Bill rather too readily, missing good comic opportunities.
As with all first seasons things have to settle down and there is every indication this will be a warm and engaging series, (I missed it on TV) and I am looking forward to Season 2 which comprises twelve episodes.
on 15 November 2006
What a lovely and gentle humourous TV programme. All the gentle subtle humour mixed together. For my wife and myself it gave us many hours of pleasure. We had seen it originally when it was first on television but to go back and have it in our DVD collection is a treat.
on 28 April 2009
'Second Thoughts', along with 'Faith in the Future' have been two of my favourite TV series over the years. It was good to see that this witty and realistic comedy, with a theme that is familiar to many, has lost nothing of its appeal.
on 7 October 2014
One reviewer hilariously told us ' this comedy may not appeal to people under 50' lol, I mean? How old did that reviewer think second thoughts was? 70 yrs Perhaps?

It was made in the not tooo far away 1990's for goodness sake.
I thought it seemed more or less modern, its a comedy setting, but Most subjects therein are eternal and quite funny too, its not that gentle.
Lynda bellingham is excellent in this role, she is a worthy actress with superb comedy timing, she shines in this.

Second thoughts Has stood the test of time, I was 17 when this first started, I followed the series at the time and faith in the future too, I'm older now, and it looks ok to me? Not that much has changed fundamentally.
Great show, and lots of lol moments,
on 17 September 2013
I have been listening to this on the radio recently and decided to search online for the DVD. So pleased when I found it, at such a good price too. It was delivered very quickly too, and in excellent condition. Thanks!
on 5 March 2013
If you are a fan of just Second Thoughts it is so funny and light hearted show you would defferly what to get all the series it is worth buying and you would LOVE all of them I LOVE them so much. They come to you 1st class by post.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2014
I bought this as it has 2 of my favourite actors in it but I was bitterly disappointed. It's trite, not funny and I didn't even watch it all the way through I only got as far as the third episode then I knocked it on the head.
on 4 February 2014
Really enjoyed this series and the humour has stood the test of time and I laugh even when I know what is going to happen next. Great family fun and money well spent.
on 10 April 2013
Because I,ve lived abroad for many years I,ve missed a lot of sit-coms and thoroughly enjoyed this one which stars some of my favourite actors
on 2 January 2012
In some ways this feels more dated than some of the comedy we have watched that is 20 years older. Partly it is to do with the feeling that everyone is trying too hard and it doesn't quite gel though Linda Bellingham almost gets there. Not sure I would go for the next series.