on 13 March 2012
I bought two of these benches - one for the patio and one for down the garden. Both got a little damaged in transit - not enough to cause a big fuss about, but still peeves me a little bit. Before they arrived, I was sent an email saying that I should check the contents of the boxes before the courier left. These boxes were covered tightly top and bottom with fragile stickers and took a while to get into - I mean, did the courier have all afternoon to wait for me to open both boxes in front of her and check all contents? So, I signed for them and marked 'unchecked'. So, a scratch on both benches in obvious places, but life is too short to stress about these things. I'm sure they left the warehouse in good condition and they were damaged en route.

However, on the plus side, these benches were a good price and look really lovely. On the negative side, they aren't very sturdy and although they are supposed to seat three people, I think they must mean primary school children! Three adults could squeeze on them, but they might collapse! Although the benches are still intact, when I sit on them, I have to do it with care as they are a bit wobbly.

They took a while to put together, but I don't think my other half found it difficult, as such. They look lovely in the garden and on the patio, but not sure whether I would recommend to a friend - I would perhaps recommend something more expensive and sturdy.
0Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 August 2016
Suprising great quality for the price, straight forward to put together, I put it together on my own but easier and quicker if there is two people.

Feels pretty sturdy unlike some cheap benches i've purchased in the pass, i suppose time will tell with this
Also looks great, Iron sides, just a shame the design on the back rest is plastic, but i suppose if it wasn't you wouldn't be getting this at this price

Highly reccommend
on 2 June 2017
No good if your over 10 stone not at all sturdy bench!
on 19 May 2017
good looking but a bit flimsy .ive sat my meerkats on it.
on 16 May 2013
I have been looking for this type of bench for some time second hand ones on e.bay go for far too much and you have to pick them up
When I found this on Amazon I was thrilled I ordered it and 36 hours later it arrived all packaged up beautifully.
Within half an hour I had assembled it and was sitting on it in the sun in the garden
on 1 June 2015
easy to assemble maybe a bit on light side but ok
on 26 July 2017
Compact & fits the space fine
on 20 September 2015
It's ok as a temp. measure. Doesn't wear well. Cracks appearing in the wooden back rest. It cost very little & as the saying goes' You get what you pay for..
on 6 December 2012
Easy to assemble. I used a preservative on the woodwork before I built it because it will stand out all year.

Quite heavy and does exactly what I require.
on 17 May 2014
Bench looks fine but is very lightweight the wind will have it over no problem.It was easy to build some of the pre drilled holes don't mach up off just enough to be annoying .