Customer reviews

on 4 December 2017
I have to admit the cover and title led me to putting this into my "Christmas reads for December" list, and having now read it I find that I was severely misled on this, so don't make the same mistake.
I took a long time getting into the story as I haven't read the previous books, and there was a check of a lot of tying up loose ends and starting new threads for many other couples, in addition to Laura and Owen who were the main characters.
To be honest I found some of those other couples more engaging.
on 17 August 2015
Another good book in the series. Basically this one is about Laura and Owen and what they had to go through before the birth of Laura's baby.
on 22 April 2017
Great book following tbe rest
on 26 May 2016
Love the series, if u need to get lost in books it's definitely worth reading
on 9 November 2017
Enjoying the series so very much. Would and have recommended them to anyone that will listen. Thanks so much ms Force. X
on 13 June 2012
Love these books, if you like Nora Roberts, you are gonna love this series, its a great read six books so far and all six are great 1st one still my favourite but the whole series is great its set on a lovely little Island called Gansett and its the story of the McCarthys there close friends and their hea's. This carries on from book 5 and we see Owen Lawry (best friend to one of the McCarthy men) and laura McCarthy (cousin) get their hea, Owen is a traveling musician and loves being in his VW van and going when and where it suits him till he meets Laura (in book 5) he helps her get a job to run and renovate his grandparents hotel on the Island and somewhere along the way Owen realises he likes being with Lauren at the hotel and feeling settled but Laura is pregnant with her ex husbands baby who she left a few months after they were married because he was still dating other women while he was engaged and then married to Laura

Just as Owen and Laura's attraction and tight bond develops her ex refuses a divorce, Laura and Owen are great together but I loved to see all the other couples from the previous books here getting a chapter or two each,we see how they all are and the new things going on in their lifes, with a lot of series's you don't get much information about previous characters so this was a great idea Marie Force had to give us a big catch up.

Hoping for Love! was great I never want the books to be over! The people on Gansett Iisland will make you laugh ,cry and you will want to book a nice holiday somewhere like Gansett.
on 2 December 2012
As with all its predecessors I loved this and struggled to put it down. Owen and Laura's budding romance has been simmering over the past couple of books and it doesn't disappoint. Whilst there is no shortage of romance, steaminess and humour, I found it a much more heart-wrenching read and without giving any of the excellent story content away, the history of a new character actually reduced me to tears quite early on in the book.

The lives of the McCarthy's and the residents of Gansett Island, who I have grown to love, are continuing to evolve and new residents are introduced, bringing great content and hopefully future storylines. I hope this series continues for many more books to come and can highly recommend.
on 1 April 2015
A delightful romantic story on an island where everyone knows everyone, their lives and loves intertwined with each other, where everyone pulls together when someone is in trouble in this small community, where love blossoms and troubles are overcome with each and everyone's help. Not much goes on in Gansett Island that is a secret for long. Such as Laura and Owen in this story, where a separated pregnant woman falls in love with the owners grandson and singer of th we Hotel that she is the manager of. She had left her husband after only married a short time for cheating on her. They fall n love, an pretty much everything into place for a happy ending.
on 7 January 2013
I found the first of the McCarthy's of Gansett Island books as a free download and immediately was drawn in and have now read the whole series and am waiting for the next one to come out. Marie Force has an easy style of writing that keeps you interested but throws in the odd twist that you didn't see coming.

Read Season for Love in just over 2 days - great to see how the characters developed as well as getting to know some of the new ones better.
on 28 July 2015
I couldnt wait for Owen and Laura's story and wasn't disappointed...
I was rooting for them both after learning her scumbag husband was cheating on her barely a month after their wedding...
Not long after leaving him she finds out she is pregnant, meeting Owen was the best thing to happen to her...
He will do anything for her..
I love this series and never want it to end!!!