TOP 50 REVIEWERon 30 October 2011
If you hate stitching up seams, this knitting book should be right up your street. I'm not a lover of circular needle knitting, although I must admit to having sweaters lying around just waiting for me to stitch seams. The designs are not old-fashioned but neither are they ultra contemporary. They are a comfortable in-between - styles that you would want to wear that won't go out of date. From sleeveless tops to cardigans and sweaters, with a long dress thrown in, these women's knits should hit the mark. Good photography and easy to follow instructions. The designs have skill levels so this book is intended for beginners to advanced and includes one entrelac design and several textured knits. Yarns are American, so you may have to hunt down equivalents if you live elsewhere. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 January 2012
Are you a knitter who loves to create sweaters but hates to put the pieces together? Then grab a copy of this book. These sweaters are done with very few seams. They are knitted from bottom to top, top to bottom or side to side making only one or two seams to sew.

While I believe these patterns to be beyond my knitting ability which is at the beginner level, anyone who has an intermediate or above skill level will do just fine. I could do these if I sat with the book and no other distractions which is to say when I crochet I have the television on and hubby talking to me! The book rates them as easy or intermediate skill levels.

The patterns are easy to read and there are charts if you like to knit that way. Colored photos of each item are shown with a one-paragraph statement about it. The stitches used are listed and explained before the instructions are given and a materials list is suggested.

The projects are lovely so grab a pair of needles and start creating wonderful pieces for your wardrobe or as a gift.
on 31 July 2012
Some really nice patterns in this book more than usual I normally find 1 or 2 that I will make definitely more than that in this one great patterns good instructions overall excellent book.
on 14 April 2014
Lots of information for anyone interested in seamless knitting . I have already knitted one of the designs and found the pattern straight forward and well written. On reflection I wish I had bought the hard copy for ease of use, especially because I can't find a way to print the charts .
on 28 November 2012
While I don't think I would make any of these designs as they are, there are some good construction suggestions. Many of the yarns, as is often the case, are too thick to be practical in centrally heated houses/workplaces. There are several drop-shoulder sweaters, which are not usually flattering; there is a jacket in reverse stockinette which has to be knitted to and fro - recipe for the rowing-out problem; several jackets in thick yarns are only held together with a single button, so would be draughty though hot. There is the usual problem with American knitting books, that the yarns are not obtainable here, which may well mean recalculating the whole thing for a different set of tensions. However if you use it for suggestions and ideas rather than for the specific patterns, it's interesting.
on 29 March 2015
Just finished knitting "Deb".Simple to follow,the tip for casting off(binding off) shoulder seams is worth the money alone.
on 11 March 2014
Wow some great patterns here got a about 5 I want to make very nice I love working with circular needles , very nice