Customer reviews

on 11 July 2009
This is a delightful book with lots of interesting facts about seahorses. I used it with my class (KS1) and they really enjoyed learning all about seahorses. It provided a starting point for researching on the internet. Thinking about the environment it lives in - drawings, paintings. Food chains. Life cycles. Excellent resource and fabulous illustrations. They loved it!
on 1 July 2007
This book is completely enchanting. It's factual, but not like any other children's 'reference' book. The illustrations are beautiful. My daughter is nearly 4 - fascinated by the sea at the moment - and was enthralled. Actually, I was enthralled too. I had no idea quite what strange creatures they are.
on 26 July 2011
I was looking for a book to use with my year 2 class which would aid the transition from a non-fiction to a fiction focus. This book worked a treat. It's full of interesting facts about seahorses but it's presented using beautifully descriptive prose - which helped us to edge from reports into poetry. It's a great power of reading text too!!
on 2 January 2014
An excellent book. The story line and illustrations enhanced the class topic considerably. The book provided outstanding factual information which was used during a visit to the aquarium .
on 16 April 2015