Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£4.50|
Save £2.10 (47%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Scuffy the Tugboat (Little Golden Book) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 24 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Age Level: 2 - 5|
|Grade Level: P - K|
- Part of the Classic Characters of Little Golden Books: The Poky Little Puppy, Tootle, The Saggy Baggy Elephant, Tawny Scrawny Lion, and Scuffy the Tugboat
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Way back in 1946, toy stores were tranquil uncrowded places. The Baby Boom was yet to take off. In the toy shop there was a rocking horse, a GI Joe Doll and a few cuddly soft toys ........ and one grumpy red painted tugboat called Scuffy.
Scuffy was ambitious. He thought he was meant for bigger things, than just sailing in a bathtub.
The toy shop owner (with his memorable polka dot tie) and his little boy, took Scuffy off to a laughing brook. It was springtime and the brook was running fast. Scuffy was soon off on his adventure.
The pastoral world he passed through seemed placid, but at night the hooting owl gave him a fright.
The river got bigger and busier. Scuffy was proud because he knew it was HIS river. He was nearly squashed between two logs that were on their way to the sawmill. With the spring melt a great flood burst the rivers banks. A lady and her cow had to be rescued off her roof.
Pushed along by the floodwaters Scuffy arrived in the big city. It was a very noisy and busy place. When Scuffy tooted nobody noticed.
Scuffy was just about to be swept out to sea. He wished the man with the polka dot tie and his little boy could rescue him. Miracle of miracles, there they were just as Scuffy was about to pass the last bit of land. He was rescued.
Scuffy realises that sailing in the bathtub is not such a bad thing ...... in fact he said "this is the life for me".
The illustrations by Tibor Gergely are what make this book so appealing. The scenes are full of life and activity, be it the pastoral river scene with its friendly animals and the colourful towns and cities. Look for the details in the city scene. Try to find the horses.
Tibor Gergely was a great children's book illustrator from this period.Read more ›
It's a lovely story that will bring hours of fun, the only disappointment is that the modern version is much smaller A5 versus the original A4 size and not as hardy for little fingers.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
second hand book arrived in excellent quality i have read it my granddaughter as we live in hong kong by the harbourPublished on 27 Sept. 2014 by Ms
Think this was a downloaded book, mistake, like paper books and so does my 22 month old grandson, despite using an iPad!! Read morePublished on 29 Oct. 2013 by Daisy
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Animals
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Classics
- Books > Children's Books > Novelty & Activity Books
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Animals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Cars, Trains & Things That Go > Boats & Ships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Animals
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Classics