Scrubba 'Wash Bag'
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pocket-size washing device. Clean Clothes Anywhere
- Super lightweight - adds less than 145g (5oz) to your backpack/luggage
- Wash clothes easily & fast - 3 minutes of cleaning in the Scrubba wash bag is equivalent to a machine wash (standard cycle) and twice as effective as a hand wash
- Easy to use - add water & a drop of washing liquid to the Scrubba wash bag, seal tight, rub for 3 minutes on the internal flexible washboard and then rinse. Your clothes are clean.
- Use less water - only 3-6L (0.5-1.5 GAL) per load
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
A washing machine in a bag - the ultimate travel companion
The Scrubba is the world's smallest washing machine - perfect for washing clothes on the move. It weighs only 145g and packs down neatly into a pocket-sized carry case.
Just 3 minutes of cleaning is the equivalent to a standard cycle machine wash and twice as effective as a hand wash. When not washing clothes it can be used as a dry bag to protect valuables due to its waterproof properties.
It is super-simple to use: put some clothes in the bag, add water and some detergent and shake for a few minutes. This will cause the inbuilt ultra-flexible washboard made of hundreds of small nodules to caress your clothes and give them a great wash. Brilliant simplicity!
As a new addition the Scrubba bags now have improved branded valves to make washing your clothes easier and more effective.
- Now made of a higher quality polyether urethane material
- Scrubba branded valves
- Pocket-size, portable washing machine - clean clothes anywhere
- Super lightweight - adds less than 145g to your backpack/luggage
- Wash clothes easily & fast
- Use less water - only 3-6L (0.5-1.5 GAL) per load
- Perfect for gap year travelling, hostels, hotels, camping, hiking and backpacking
- Weight: 145g
- Uses 3-6L water per load
Top customer reviews
With all the money I'll be saving, I estimate this thing will pay itself off in 15-20 washes.
- Cleans very thoroughly.
- Easy instructions that printed right on the bag.
- Relatively fast to get a "load of laundry done."
- Easy to use--not too hard physically.
- Lightweight yet surprisingly tough.
- Packs down small into a tiny package.
- Innovative: remarkable how they took old fashioned technology and made it accessible.
- Difficulty breathing when placed over my head. On the plus side I felt like an astronaut with his helmet on.
- I wish they'd put a little loop on the inside end of the bag. That way when you're finished with the Scrubba you could hang it upside down to dry. Right now it's rather awkward to hang to air dry, which is a must to ensure it doesn't get moldy.
HINT: This is best for very small "loads" of laundry. It's not designed to wash huge amounts of clothes. Think "1 or 2 people" who are traveling, not entire families with kids. Unless you're very devoted.
HINT x2: I would not suggest washing "delicates" (e.g. bras, lacy things, etc). The little nubbins are designed to really scrub (hence the name) your clothes clean, so don't be surprised if the life of your clothes degenerates faster than usual when using this guy. Best for traveling but probably not daily use.
HINT x3: It will be tough trying to wash something large, like a pair of jeans or a especially a jacket. If you have clothes that are too bulky, it will take forever (unless you're okay with being patient), but you'd probably be better off finding a laundromat for those bulky items.
5/5 stars. An absolutely beautifully engineered product. This is a must-have gadget for anyone who travels, especially to third-world countries or places where you don't really want to spend the day at a laundry facility.
I had no issues with leakage or defective valves however I did ruin a white shirt (who brings white clothes on a world trip...) when I left the shirt and a few other items in the bag to soak overnight and some of the luminous green of the bag leeched into it and with only the Scrubba to assist with stain removal I had to abandon it somewhere in Colombia.
The Scrubba does work however the jury is out on whether it's actually better than a sink.
More importantly to any one considering this to use on a big backpacking trip it's worth noting that in most places (even very rural, developing countries) there are facilities to do your washing, usually very cheaply. It's genuinely worth considering not buying the Scrubba (which quite frankly is very expensive for what it is) and using the money as your laundry fund.
I did encounter one design flaw which was that the valve was extremely difficult to open when you were squeezing out the last of the air. On one occasion I needed to use pliers just to get some leverage.
I have used the Scrubba throughout my travels, but mainly as a handy dry bag and to hold my dirty laundry.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I got to use this on my nearly ten day trip to Barcelona, it worked perfectly for washing my...Read more
I used a small bottle of bio-degradable all purpose wash, when that ran out i just used shower...Read more