- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Scrivener For Dummies Paperback – 28 Sep 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Make complicated writing projects simple and take your writing skills to the next level with Scrivener
Scrivener is the first and only word processing program designed specifically for the messy, non–linear way writers really work. Scrivener For Dummies is the easiest way to master this powerful writing software. Written by veteran Scrivener trainer and novelist Gwen Hernandez, you′ll learn to set up a new project, organize your research, track scene elements, create custom layouts, and more with this friendly Scrivener guide.
- Say "hello" to Scrivener quickly learn your way around the Scrivener workspace and all its basic functions, features, buttons, parts, and pieces
- The perfect form create custom project templates tailored to your needs and style, and store them to use for future projects
- Bid adieu to pushpins, index cards, and lost ideas keep your writing, research, character sketches, synopses, outlines, drafts and images all in one dedicated project file
- Unlimited formatting freedom instantly export your work into many formats and document combinations, without affecting the original manuscript
- Bring your story to life view multiple scenes at once, storyboard with index cards, or view your work in outline form
- Goodbye to paper clutter and paper cuts track multiple versions of a manuscript with Revision mode and keep notes ready–to–hand with Quick Reference panels
Open the book and find:
- Tips for finding your way around Scrivener
- Help navigating the interface
- Ways to track scene elements with metadata
- Methods for working with split screens
- How to export content to EPUB
- Tools for compiling a manuscript for a publisher
- Methods for setting manuscript and document goals
- Tricks for structuring and organizing research
- Structure your work with index cards and preserve earlier drafts along the way
- Break your text into sections and edit them separately or as a whole
- Keep track of all your ideas with the Collections feature
- Compile your work to send to a publisher or share as an e–book
About the Author
Gwen Hernandez conducts online training courses in Scrivener. An aspiring romance author, she has worked as a programmer, a business school instructor, and a manufacturing engineer.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I was right: in its pages are everything I will ever need to know about Scrivener - and a lot more besides. It has been painstakingly written to include every last detail so that even the biggest dummies out there will understand it, but it's written with a lightness of touch and a sprinkling of humour that makes it a pleasure to read.
I started by reading it straight through, chapter by chapter, but it's also a useful reference manual to dip in and out of. As with any piece of software, you learn by doing, and consolidate your knowledge only with practice, so I skipped over a few bits that weren't likely to be needed straight off, but will come back to them as I grow into using Scrivener in an ever more sophisticated way.
Thank you very much, Gwen Hernandez, for saving me from giving up on Scrivener - you've given me a new lease of life on my writing! Highly recommended.
Well written and informative, but I'm so impatient with everything that I've gone back to MS Word.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews