- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Chronicle Books (CA); Clr Csm edition (4 May 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0811855090
- ISBN-13: 978-0811855099
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 2.8 x 30 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 932,577 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Scribbles: A Really Giant Drawing and Coloring Book Paperback – 4 May 2006
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Paperback. Pub Date :2006-05-04 Pages: 368 Language: English Publisher: Chronicle Books This is no ordinary coloring book! With playful drawings. funny scenarios and fun-to-follow instructions. this book is not just for coloring. but for doodling. drawing. imagining and thinking!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
i say this book is 5-99years of age, as five and half they can read simple instructions, it depends on PATIENCE. The book is definitely for home use as it is heavy.
most of pages have completely different task and CHILD WILL def need to use imagination!!!
Buy it to your kid.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1) The book is thick/heavy, so can be unwieldy to use if you're not at a table. It's also a little tough to get the book to stay open if you're a little one.
2) I tried to remedy some of the above by tearing out pages for portability and ease of use, but many/most of the projects span two pages. So unless you're committed to taping or stapling pages together (I'm not), tearing them out doesn't really help.
3) Finally, to get the most out of this book, the recipient would ideally be able to read. It's not always obvious what you're supposed to do on the pages, and it might be frustrating for a pre-reader (and his/her caregiver!) to constantly ask, "what does THIS say?"
In sum - it's a fantastic book that would be suitable for many ages... I just offer these tidbits in case you're thinking about buying one for a preschooler.
NOTE: This book, Scribbles, has lighter weight paper appropriate for crayons and pencils. The "Doodle" book is heavier weight paper that accomodates paints and markers.
Have ever looked at a blank page and wondered what to draw but had no inspiration? Have you ever looked at a coloring page and wondered thought that there wasn't room to be creative? This book is a coloring book/drawing book with enough pages to keep you occupied for years. Each page has something drawn on it and instructions for you to complete the drawing, adding your own details and objects. I purchased this book for a young girl who likes to doodle. I also have one for myself. Crayons or colored pencils work best for these page. I would not recommend markers, as they do bleed through the page. Also, Place a blank piece of paper under the previously colored page so that color won't transfer to the next page by pressure.
The Scribbles book is really fun, and a great gift for anyone who loves to draw. Best for ages 8-14 is my guess. but I am over 50 and enjoy it.