on 26 July 2012
I bought one of these last week after comparing all the usual makes. This one comes with so much more on board than I will ever use such as photo viewer, movie and music player, hands free phoning, radio etc
I just wanted an easy to use gps with good voice choice and larger clear screen.
Then theres the price , this is at least half the price of a tom tom which I am familiar with as my son has one.
This comes from China and is unbranded but came in a nice box with lots of extras such as a sunshade, soft bag, gadget to fix it to your air outlet as well as the suction cup type. It seems solid and well built and nicely designed.
the manual that came with it doesnt go into much detail, but i had fun practising and finding out how to use it before i got it in the car. It does a great fly to animation of your journey.
The English voices that come with it are UK, aussie and US English accents, and lots more to choose from too, male and female.
It comes ready loaded with the latest all of Europe and UK, igo and a password so that you can upload new maps for free for ever. As its windows based I was advised to go for the bluetooth model as I use Apple mac and was only a couple of pounds extra. The points of interest are good as are the speed warnings and limits, the lane changing with overhead gantry motorway signs, cameras and fuel stations, I couldnt ask for anything more. Just the job.
5150+ comments| 399 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2013
I drive for a living and for the last 10 years used various sat navs, some being a few hundred quid. I have used a combination of my smartphone and a £100+ Tom Tom for the last year but after just over a year my tom tom died, not great value. I then decided to get a new one and stumbled across this. Its amazing, the screen is huge, the clarity is crystal, the speed it performs at is lightening fast, the amount of features within the sat nap is impressive, also very customisable, it does everything perfectly, even though i had full postcodes on my Tom Toms, they were wrong a heck of a lot of the times, this one hasn't failed me yet.anyhow, this one seems so accurate, its been faultless and i have battered it for the last month. also it can amazingly play music, videos and display photos, i haven't tried these features yet it as i dont need but as a sat nav its worth ten times the price. don't hesitate, its blown my previous sat navs out of the water in all areas. just buy it (took a while to arrive though, about 2 1/2 weeks)
on 20 June 2014
What a brilliant piece of kit, I bought it as a back up for my 2 month planned trip through France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro.My normal sat nav being a Garmin which I was reasonably happy with although attempts to upgrade/renew maps had failed as garmin site wouldn't let me pay using my credit cards. Anyway hence this purchase. As soon as I left Trieste in Italy the garmin threw a wobbly, only recognising Split or Dubrovnik as possible destinations and only showing one road available which was a motorway. So we ended up lost in an industrial port in Slovenia, maps no good as too large scale to get us on the right road. Into a newly built industrial estate to park up, get into back of van and dig out this bit of kit. Switched on, input destination and voila every little road shown, route calculated and very precise and clear instructions, saved!! We continued to use it for rest of journey, no choice, but as previous reviews have said there are no instructions with it so you have to play around a bit to get you're right settings on it and in really sunny conditions the screen is very reflective but this can be forgiven as the audio instructions given are very clear. Lots of other functions on it as it's basically a small pc but no intentions of using them as it's the sat nav bit I wanted. When I got back into Italy I tried my Garmin again but switched straight back to this sat nav as a preference for the on screen details & information available.
On speaking with other travellers it seems the same thing happened with their Garmins, one Swiss couple said it was because our Garmin maps were for Western Europe and Garmin (Americans) didn't consider Croatia ect to be Western Europe so be aware if your still using a Garmin. As my wife stopped me throwing the Garmin in the harbour in Trieste, she can now have it in her wee car to save us swopping a sat nav into whatever car we're using.
on 21 October 2016
I have been using this satnav for the last four years and it works perfectly in the UK and across Europe. At the time I bought it at £30 it was a quarter of the price of TomTom and other supposedly quality units. I was dubious that an item bought direct from China could be comparible....but it is. It has updated maps and other info free of charge and has never failed to give an accurate position. The English voices are limited and a bit strident, but not that annoying. The different functions are all useful and a few minutes carefully reading the manual will pay dividends as not everything is intuitive.
on 19 June 2016
it might be ok for some but I found it very low quality, very tacky, im not sure what the other reviewers are going on about. the plastic works, the response on the touch screen, the quality of the graphics all were disapointing, it also took long to locate my position. Last but not least, the battery was showing that its low all the time no matter how long i charged it.
I decided to return it. spend slightly more and get something you can use for longer!
on 11 October 2013
I bought this several months ago but just didn't get around to using it at first.

At the time I had researched several different sat navs and this one seemed to have everything for a fraction of the price, so couldn't see what I had to lose.

The charger arrived broken, but as I already had several of those, I didn't bother complaining. I can't actually fix it to my car in any useful position, so it just sits on a small shelf but that's also not a huge problem and means I'm unlikely to leave it in full view in the car for opportunists who might think it's a much more valuable product.

A couple of the females get quite hysterical if I go a fraction over the speed limit, but we're learning to tolerate each other!! All in all, recommended.
on 27 June 2017
It helped that have had similar one before so used to layout. Only used it as a sat nav not used other features.Need to play around with it before using just to figure out volume, type of voice, and basically how to use! It seemed to think I was a lorry so I just named my vehicle and stated size.The handbook does not really give you much to go on but once you have sorted the navigation has really clear directions both visually and audibly. Attaching it was no problem and first journey use was stress free. Would certainly recommend.
on 11 May 2016
This blows £400 sat navs out of the water, its fast, accurate and easier to use. Used this on a 800 mile motorcycle tour of Cornwall and had no issues at all - the only down side is the battery life is not as good as a more expensive sat nav but for the price as.... Its Perfect!

UPDATE - Its now November and I have been using this sat navs for modt of my driving, a few little gremlins have appeared such as a crashing issue when I try to turn it off but other than that, still going strong. Shocked. Still an elated customer
on 9 October 2013
Arrived as stated and when I asked the retailer questions they were polite, informative and quick to reply.
As I'm a first time satnav ver and I am getting used to the nuances of being electronically guided while I drive. This device comes preloaded with the maps but I have found that sometimes it will tell you to 'bear right' when in fact you have to 'turn right' and vica versa. Therefore I am now in the habit of checking the visuals prior. This happened on little country back roads and in a town centre. But apart from this (which I presume may be one of many gliches found in the satnav world) I am happy with this product.

As I only use this when necessary the battery life is okay, but I would consider that anyone wanting to use it on a long journey should be prepared to plug it in with the in car charger provided and the armiture support is sturdy enough for the device.

A good buy also from the point of view of the other features provided on the device.
on 28 August 2013
I was nervous with this purchase as I did not know what to expect however; I have not looked back since. Nice large screen, good quality & graphics, good range of accessories although it could do with a case. The price is a steal & very good value for money. It is a Chinese product & had to wait awhile for its delivery however; well worth the wait. I bought this for the GPS navigator to get to A-B rather than use the other features like music, video etc. Quite easy to use after a short play even though the manual isn't comprehensive enough. It was the price & that attracted me to this item as the other "Sat Navs" are priced £70-£140 as well as looking unique. Highly recommended.